Author Topic: Looking for a game  (Read 2181 times)

NexGen

• Recruit
Looking for a game
« on: 10 September 2016, 09:53:21 »
Hello felow Mech Jocks.

My name is Tom a 23ish year old student and an avid fan of the whole stompy robot gernre of games, BT the former amongst them all.

I am by no means alien to the universe or the tabletop game itself, however i have recently begun to play p&p rpgs and figured hey bt + rpg = masive funn and mayhem.

Anywho if anyone has a game upcomming or has a free slot for a player in a running game id be much obliged.
Or just point me to a place i can find them if there is any...

Ty in advance,
« Last Edit: 10 September 2016, 16:48:39 by NexGen »

hive_angel

• Lieutenant
  • A, B, C, D, E, F, Guy ...
    • Send Three Squads To Help
Re: Looking for a game
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2016, 09:55:52 »
If you able to use Email regularly for communication, Skype for chat, video, and voice, and have some Friday nights free from 7:00 PM Eastern on I might have an opportunity for you.
Follow my blog for Battletech battle reports!

http://ststh.blogspot.com

Search for "Battle Report"

NexGen

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 13 September 2016, 04:01:29 »
yes yes yes tell me more

****** this post verification system

hive_angel

• Lieutenant
  • A, B, C, D, E, F, Guy ...
    • Send Three Squads To Help
« Reply #3 on: 13 September 2016, 10:48:31 »
Alright I'll tell you a bit more, I am not sure how long the new posting limits are and mods may move this thread as well. Then again this may be helpful information for others to soak up and add tid bits to as well.

My group meets on Friday evenings around 7ish EST and stay till late or later depending on time session and objectives. We don't meet every Friday so email communication is key, I don't partake in hunting down a player, I simply move on. You would connect via Skype for voice for RPG sessions and any out of mech combat or needed maps I'll email you to keep you at the same speed. Battlemech combat you will use Skype for voice and I'll do my best to keep you updated in the map as the battle goes. I will prep you with any files before hand with any needed files and snapshots to make it easy. I do the majority of all of the bookkeeping.

I can easily inject you as a new character because of where we are starting our third campaign in the grand story. I have spare created NPCs which travel with the players so I can have you drive one of them (this allows you access to skills and so forth). Perhaps you can keep playing them as a character or replace them with your own post character creation. I generally don't do character creation of the bat and wait a session or two, I am done with wasting valuable time making a good new character and the player never shows. I will move on and insta-kill the character. If you commit and like the campaign I'll get you to submit and character and boost it slightly to the timeframe we are at.

If this sounds good you will need to PM me your email, phone for game texts and so forth, (and that of any other silent lurkers interested) so I can start prepping you beforehand. In case you need any verification I am cool and all. Someone in the ATOW part of the this forum has connected with me to discuss ATOW. Also you can ask three others I chat with on xbox live, they are a Squid, a Hunter who trashes his own kind, and the one who wears a red shirt. Hint they prowl in the Destiny area of the common folk here.
Follow my blog for Battletech battle reports!

http://ststh.blogspot.com

Search for "Battle Report"

NexGen

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 13 September 2016, 11:29:50 »
pm sent

Ghost cub

• Private
  • Long time GM getting back into Battletech
« Reply #5 on: 13 September 2016, 11:33:43 »
I have had great luck with Roll20 for online games.

NexGen

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 13 September 2016, 11:36:41 »
Sadly i couldnt find any BT on R20

Not mainstream enough i guess

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #7 on: 13 September 2016, 19:15:20 »
NexGen: You stop having to prove you're human after 10 posts, so it won't be long now...

Register