Author Topic: Taurian conquest of Lothair during the Jihad  (Read 2274 times)

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
Taurian conquest of Lothair during the Jihad
« on: 29 April 2012, 10:48:57 »
I've been reading through the timeline of the Jihad in Jihad: Final Reckoning, and the 3074 entries on page 53 have the Taurian Concordat conquering Lothair twice - once in the first wave of attacks between the 15th and 30th of June 3074, and then again during the second wave of attacks between the 21st and 28th of July 3074. I've checked Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, and the timeline summary there matches that in Final Reckoning. Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents contains narrative entries that indicate that Lothair was attacked in the first wave, not the second, as it talks about attacks on Bromhead, Brockway and Midale and the use of nuclear weapons, and then talks about attacks on Hyalite and Lothair all on page 56. Another entry then talks about Lindsay, Carmichael and Diefenbaker on page 35, three of the five planets mentioned in the summary of the second wave in Final Reckoning - the other two being Lothair and Warren.

Was Lothair captured twice? It sounds from the Blake Secrets as if the conquests were fairly well contested. Alternatively, is the mention of Lothair in the list of planets conquered in July 3074 an error? If it is, does that mean that only four planets were captured, rather than five, or has a Lothair been swapped for a fifth?

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
Re: Taurian conquest of Lothair during the Jihad
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2012, 11:56:31 »
3074, June: Taurian mercenaries attacked Lothair, Bromhead, Midale, Brockway and Hyalite.

3074, July:  Lothair and Warrenwas finallly secured, while Lindsay, Carmichael and Diefenbaker was attacked.

3075, February: the AFFS strikes back at Lothair and Warren.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
Re: Taurian conquest of Lothair during the Jihad
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2012, 11:48:13 »
Thank you, that makes sense even to me :)

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo