Author Topic: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 7  (Read 184891 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 7
« Reply #60 on: 01 June 2020, 10:17:29 »
The Starcraft Marines from the cutscenes in the original game made me think of Elementals the first time I saw them.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Two Guns Blazing

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #61 on: 01 June 2020, 10:22:22 »
The Starcraft Marines from the cutscenes in the original game made me think of Elementals the first time I saw them.

I forgot about those until just now, and yep, very Elemental-ish!

Tangoforone

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #62 on: 01 June 2020, 11:44:35 »
So, most recent email came out about updating your shipping address.  Has anyone actually done this, and if so, can you create a walk-through?  I have been almost everywhere on the Kickstarter page and have had no luck in finding where I update my shipping address.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #63 on: 01 June 2020, 11:46:22 »
So, most recent email came out about updating your shipping address.  Has anyone actually done this, and if so, can you create a walk-through?  I have been almost everywhere on the Kickstarter page and have had no luck in finding where I update my shipping address.

With the Sprawl Ops Kickstarter, they sent out periodic mails with a link to update your address.  Presumably this will be the same setup as they're using Crowdox again.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #64 on: 01 June 2020, 11:47:55 »

I got the impression that it would be through the pledge manager, not the Kickstarter page.  Open up your most recent confirmation email from CrowdOx.

Tangoforone

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #65 on: 01 June 2020, 12:52:06 »
Thanks for the support. Definitely had to go through CrowdOx, which I had not set up.  But it worked perfectly and everything should be up to date.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #66 on: 01 June 2020, 12:58:18 »
Did you ever fill out the Pledge Manager (CrowdOx) before just now?
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #67 on: 01 June 2020, 13:00:22 »
My only gripe is that the Mech fight at the end could have went on for a couple more pages, especially considering the amount of Mechs involved and the build-up in the story in regards to the Mechs, there were enough Mechs there to make that scene more exciting and longer lasting...still, a satisfying ending!

Yeah, I thought about stretching out the fight a little, but I didn't for two reasons- one practical, one writing.
- I always try to make my battles playable, so deciding exactly what mechs were in the Star and in the 9 Ronin they fought would have been quite the chore.  But I TOTALLY would have done it (and still would if they build a scenario pack or whatever) except for
- it wasn't needed.  It would have slowed the narrative of Lauren's personal little fight, and that's something I wanted to keep hammering in on: once they leave the crime scene, it's essentially one long breathless rush.  Weaving in what the SVs were up too - which was specifically also not her concern, per the agreement- just seemed excess.

But, man, I -DID- think about it!  this IS BattleTech, after all, not "Horse and Hound magazine" (to steal a line from "Notting Hill."  ^-^ ;D 

That being said, now that I think about it, MOST of my stories are slim on Mech-on-Mech violence!
- Citations: two small fights, mostly ground-to-air violence
- The Third Pillar: quite a bit of Mech violence, mixed in with a heist
- Irreplaceable: almost NO mechs in the first half, pure violence in part II
- Storm of Rain and Fire: 4th SW-era 5th Crucis Lancers (no mechs) conducting conventional vehicle shenanigans.
- Those that stand high: Infantry vs. Mechs & Mechs vs Vehicles
- A Moment of Honesty:  one personal fight at the end amidst a huge battle
- Cold Collaboration: ditto (and includes scenes with curling!)
- Something More: a few battles (and Coventry Kangaroos!)
- 3 Points of Pride: a Football game???   >:D :D

Okay, sooo, reading this over, yeah, maybe my next story I should trryyyy to get more 'Mech vs. Mech scenes into it...?

NAHHHH!!!  ;D ;D ;D

pixelgeek

• Master Sergeant
    • My blog
« Reply #68 on: 01 June 2020, 15:58:40 »
No dice.
RIP my button, 2020 - 2020. She was a good button, and left us too soon.

Do you have external images blocked in your email client?

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #69 on: 01 June 2020, 16:04:44 »

Ditto!

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #70 on: 01 June 2020, 16:05:32 »
Do you have external images blocked in your email client?

I really appreciate your willingness to help, but it's been resolved. I was sent a second email with a working download button.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: 01 June 2020, 16:34:09 »
Anyone watch the Ani-Matrix?

when they showed the last battles of humans v. machines the armor they used was definitely Elemental-like.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #72 on: 01 June 2020, 17:21:21 »
I saw the Animatrix. I remember thinking that, as well as thinking about how battlemechs would square off against the larger machines the AI had brought to bear on the beleaguered human race.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #73 on: 01 June 2020, 17:22:28 »
To be honest, I'm still waiting for my Shrapnel email. I'm sure I made a CrowdOx account as I get CrowdOx's own marketing emails announcing other KS campaigns they think I'd be interested in... :ticked:

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #74 on: 01 June 2020, 18:11:36 »
I saw the Animatrix. I remember thinking that, as well as thinking about how battlemechs would square off against the larger machines the AI had brought to bear on the beleaguered human race.

it's the war of attrition the machines would win at easily.  But yeah a few armies worth of 'mechs may have made a huge difference. 
This idea belongs in a "Nebula California Too" product (hint/wink/beg/cry/pitchfork)

Then again I can't image any sci-fi/thriller show w/o thinking "What would a Jedi Knight do?" ... I mean Freddy v. Vader? VADER! ... Predator v. Jedi (a fully trained Jedi mind you ...).  Sure you could give the 'bad guys' a few wins, but 'I am one with the Force!'

Pre-Mod Notice: *waves hand in 'keep moving' motion* "Move along, move along"

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #75 on: 01 June 2020, 18:18:28 »
The HBS game alludes to BTU sci fi horror films. There are probably a million invasion from the deep periphery / from some WoB lab. Producers on New Avalon are always looking for good scripts

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: 01 June 2020, 18:43:18 »
The HBS game alludes to BTU sci fi horror films. There are probably a million invasion from the deep periphery / from some WoB lab. Producers on New Avalon are always looking for good scripts

MD predator style! kewwwl They'd have their own Jump/War ship, stealthy dropships ... yes, yes that would work.

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #77 on: 01 June 2020, 20:19:28 »
Dest ninja in sneak suits. As realistic as possible, so joe security guard has a clue what to do if he finds himself in a starring role.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #78 on: 02 June 2020, 14:25:20 »
Dest ninja in sneak suits. As realistic as possible, so joe security guard has a clue what to do if he finds himself in a starring role.

They have to be in a Red painted sneak suit... otherwise it won't be seen!

( I got over forty Cobra Red Ninja NIB... not to mention 16 versions of Stormshadow, also NIB. )

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #79 on: 02 June 2020, 15:00:39 »
( I got over forty Cobra Red Ninja NIB... not to mention 16 versions of Stormshadow, also NIB. )

TT

I find this both horrifying and fascinating at the same time.

Now, if it were various flavors of Vipers, standard troopers and officers and/or BAT’s, we could drop the horrifying part for being envious instead.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #80 on: 02 June 2020, 15:07:02 »
Um... almost at least one of each NIB Joe, Star Wars and Transformer G1...

And almost three times or more out of box...

All from the early 80's and up... before college. My only sad thing I own is a Strawberry Shortcake easy bake oven that I still use... my kids play with it. Great for pop-tart warming!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #81 on: 02 June 2020, 15:17:09 »
Um... almost at least one of each NIB Joe, Star Wars and Transformer G1...

And almost three times or more out of box...

All from the early 80's and up... before college. My only sad thing I own is a Strawberry Shortcake easy bake oven that I still use... my kids play with it. Great for pop-tart warming!

TT

Ok, except for that last I’m officially envious.

That beats out my childhood memory of getting out of school one day after reports cards came out and seeing the entire backseat of the car from one door to the other covered in Transformer boxes.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #82 on: 02 June 2020, 15:20:30 »
Collector nerd contest?  I can trump you all . . . just not sure if I should.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #83 on: 02 June 2020, 19:10:53 »
Start another thread than.

Back to KS :

Do you think it'll take more time due to the current crisis of rioting, cause locally they did some bad things to US postal service.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #84 on: 02 June 2020, 19:11:46 »
No.  For that to matter there would have to be product in the US already and I really doubt that's happened yet.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #85 on: 02 June 2020, 19:35:59 »
I would imagine product on the boat would be a BIG announcement

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #86 on: 02 June 2020, 19:41:36 »
I would imagine product on the boat would be a BIG announcement

It's the LAST thing I'd announce. People would get squirrelly about arrival dates, why the boat is going through the panama canal instead of dropping it in LA, why it's still in customs, why the warehouse hasn't started shipping yet, why it's been three days since shipping started and they haven't got their delivery notice, etc.

Read the old reaper bones forum threads and comments. Lots of entitled BS in them.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #87 on: 02 June 2020, 19:51:26 »
that's fair. no one said i was good at the business.

maybe dest ninjas should deliver product unannounced.

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #88 on: 02 June 2020, 20:08:37 »
that's fair. no one said i was good at the business.

maybe dest ninjas should deliver product unannounced.

That was a secret level of the KS.   :thumbsup:
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #89 on: 02 June 2020, 21:50:17 »
Speaking of Urbies, has anyone else noticed this on the MUL?   8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index