Author Topic: Will the Shrapnel Magazine have a comic strip?  (Read 1268 times)

Kilderkin

• Corporal
Will the Shrapnel Magazine have a comic strip?
« on: 14 May 2020, 09:45:15 »
Just wondering with Battletech having so many talented artists and authors whether there’s a chance for comic strips in the new magazine?

It’s something we haven’t seen in quite a long time!

Seeing another thread on here with people being able to submit stories once the website is up reminded me of 2000ADs” Future Shocks” Which allows people to submit stories to be turned into a one shot comic strip.

joechummer

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant
  • My blood runs the color of jade.
    • Philip Lee Writing
Re: Will the Shrapnel Magazine have a comic strip?
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2020, 14:22:26 »
This sounds like a really awesome idea. Not sure if we have the art budget for it at the moment, but that's not to say we can't consider something like this for the future.

Philip A. LeeManaging Editor of Shrapnel, the Official BattleTech Magazine. Author of BattleCorps stories A Wolf in the Eyrie, Half of a Warrior, Seeds of Loyalty, Whispering Death, Fragments of History, A Living Epitaph, Double Down, So Costly a Sacrifice, Rain Dance, Quail Hunting, A Show of Force, and A Keystone Arch, Seven Years' Bad Luck, High Value Target, The Face of the Enemy, Horn and Fang, and A Measure of Clarity
Twitter: @JoeChummer
Author Page
Official Website

Kilderkin

• Corporal
Re: Will the Shrapnel Magazine have a comic strip?
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2020, 07:52:32 »
Thank you for responding.

Yeah from what I have read you’re looking at $8-12k dollars for 22 pages. That being a conservative figure, could be higher! Quite an investment. Perhaps a future crowdfunding goal. Think the world lends itself to the medium of comics.

Register