Author Topic: (Answered) Level One Buildings  (Read 2007 times)

gwaedin

• Sergeant
(Answered) Level One Buildings
« on: 28 October 2019, 16:39:00 »
I'm about to play a scenario on the WWE2018 map pack.
The Dig Site one has some level 1 buildings.
So far the Battletech Manual had been enough to play with buildings because we always had lvl 2+ ones.
However with lvl1s I'm a bit confused. I have two questions:

1. The easy one: if a Mech is standing BEHIND a level 1 building, it should get partial cover bonus. Does blocked shots (i.e. shots that would hit the legs, not the ones missing) damage the building? It would make sense to me.

2. The hard one: the rules say that Battlemechs within buildings only occupy a single level even if they are two levels tall. If the 'Mech previously standing BEHIND the level 1 building moves INTO the building, what happens? Is it completely into the building, or does it stand out with its upper half? The latter would make sense to me but the rules say nothing about it, thus suggesting that once a 'Mech enters a lvl 1 building it would sort of shrink down to and fit in the single level - which sounds rather odd. Am I missing something?
I tried to search for answers in other threads but I had not luck.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could help.
P.S. I wasn't sure whether posting here or in the Total Warfare subsection. Since the building basic rules are also included in the Battletech Manual, I wrote here.
« Last Edit: 12 August 2020, 01:32:38 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Level One Buildings
« Reply #1 on: 12 August 2020, 01:32:26 »
Okay, the quantum mech / incredible shrinking mech effect has been a long-running annoyance, and so we're axing it.

In short, mechs inside buildings now remain two levels tall just like you'd expect, and a mech entering a level 1 building doesn't shrink to fit, but just gains partial cover that can't be negated by attacker height.  Attacks that would hit the legs damage the building instead.

This will be in the next BMM and TW errata.  Thanks for your patience.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0