Author Topic: Wars of Reaving: Kindraa Mick-Kline-Kreese/Blood Spirit vs Star Adder Battle  (Read 2035 times)

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
Wars of Reaving talks about an action in which Kindraa Mick-Kline-Kreese attempted to intervene in a Trial  between the Star Adders and the Blood Spirits, over the protests of Khan Schmitt of the Blood Spirits, resulting in the Star Adders declaring both to be dezgra and inflicting heavy damage. I think the same battle is mentioned in two different sections, but I'm not sure if I'm right because the world on which the battle took place is different in each account.

In "The Strange Rise of Kindraa Sainze" on page 50, the battle happens on Albion, with the Kindraa Mick-Kline-Kreese forces losing the 23rd Air Assault Force and the 32nd Vanguard Battle Cluster along with half of the 11th Battle Force Cluster.

In "Fuel for the Blood Feud" on pages 54 and 55, an almost identical battle is described, matching that in the previous section in that Khan Schmitt repeatdly attempts to get the Kindraa Mick-Kline-Kreese forces to abort their landing and the Star Adders declare both factions dezgra, deny them hegira and inflict heavy losses, but the forces mentioned on page 54 and 55 are the Blood Spirits Omega, Sigma and Zeta Galaxies, and the battle takes place on Circe, rather than Albion.

I'm not sure if I'm getting confused, and it's two different battles that occured at slightly different times, were similar and both went the same way, or if it's one battle being reported twice, with a different planet name in each - in which case one of the names is wrong.

Is it possible to confirm whether the two battles are one and the same, or if they were two battles a similar timeframe with a similar result in each case?

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
Wars of Reaving talks about an action in which Kindraa Mick-Kline-Kreese attempted to intervene in a Trial  between the Star Adders and the Blood Spirits, over the protests of Khan Schmitt of the Blood Spirits, resulting in the Star Adders declaring both to be dezgra and inflicting heavy damage. I think the same battle is mentioned in two different sections, but I'm not sure if I'm right because the world on which the battle took place is different in each account.

In "The Strange Rise of Kindraa Sainze" on page 50, the battle happens on Albion, with the Kindraa Mick-Kline-Kreese forces losing the 23rd Air Assault Force and the 32nd Vanguard Battle Cluster along with half of the 11th Battle Force Cluster.

In "Fuel for the Blood Feud" on pages 54 and 55, an almost identical battle is described, matching that in the previous section in that Khan Schmitt repeatdly attempts to get the Kindraa Mick-Kline-Kreese forces to abort their landing and the Star Adders declare both factions dezgra, deny them hegira and inflict heavy losses, but the forces mentioned on page 54 and 55 are the Blood Spirits Omega, Sigma and Zeta Galaxies, and the battle takes place on Circe, rather than Albion.

I'm not sure if I'm getting confused, and it's two different battles that occured at slightly different times, were similar and both went the same way, or if it's one battle being reported twice, with a different planet name in each - in which case one of the names is wrong.

Is it possible to confirm whether the two battles are one and the same, or if they were two battles a similar timeframe with a similar result in each case?

This one's most likely an error during one of the rewrites, where I had to shift from one planet to another.

So you can do one of two things as a canon answer:

1.) Assume the Sharks got all confused in their reporting of the accounts and got one of the worlds wrong but the forces right.
2.) It's two similar battles with similar results.
Eh.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
Thank you - I prefer option 1 myself, because there are later references to the Blood Spirits having retained their holdings on Albion until at least 3072, whereas the two battle reports suggest in both cases that the Spirits and the Mandrills were completely routed. It would also give the details of who the bulk of the combatants were from all three parties in the one battle, which is satisfying.

There are some inconsistencies, though - the section on page 50 talks about the Fire Mandrills being pushed out of their enclaves, but there's no mention of them getting enclaves on Circe. The section on page 54 talks about the Fire Mandrill forces being led by saKhan Samantha Kline, but takes place in 3071, while the entry on page 50 talking about the Grand Council session in March 3070 has the saKhan of the Fire Mandrills as a saKhan Carrol, and notes that Samantha Kline had died of spinal cancer. That suggests that the Circe battle may have been misreported.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo