Author Topic: Warhammer 7K Rinko, that girl carries a grudge...  (Read 1599 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Warhammer 7K Rinko, that girl carries a grudge...
« on: 17 March 2018, 17:53:40 »
Born to a lower class farming family on Luzerne, Rinko Murasaki (born Rinko Hastings) grew up refusing to bow to clan rule. She was only ten when the Smoke Jaguars landed on her homeworld and she found herself a member of the Combine resistance. Though unwilling at first, she quickly took to guerilla operations, becoming a skilled demolitionist and scout by the time she was fourteen years old. At sixteen, she'd drawn the attention of the resistance's small contingent of mechwarriors due to her exceptional reflexes and was taken on as an apprentice after a Jaguar raid took out several of their remaining mech pilots. By the age nineteen, she was a qualified (though green) mechwarrior and was able to observe the landings of the new Star League's liberation army from the cockpit of her own Wasp.

Of course, the liberators failed to make much of an impression. Intelligence failures had left the League forces savaged in orbit and badly outmatched on the ground, forced into a five week battle for survival, with the resistance providing aid where it could. For her part, Rinko found herself "drafted" into the beleagured Comguard contingent, her performance earning her the right to pilot a Warhammer following the loss of her Wasp during the siege of Thun. After the arrival of reinforcements allowed the Star League to finally liberate the world, Rinko and the rest of the resistance were discharged from service, however her performance sufficiently impressed the commander of Comstar's 208th Divsion that he arranged for her to keep her new battlemech. Six months later, she recieved a full ride scholarship to the newly opened Fotch War College on Terra.

Unfortunately, if her sponsors had expected great things from Rinko, she would quickly disappoint. The street kid who'd thrived in the chaos of the Smoke Jaguar occupation of Luzerne failed spectacularly at adjusting to a disciplined military life, and found herself expelled from the War College before her first year was up. Like so many others, this led her to move on to Solaris VII, where she once again found her niche. Her history, her battlemech, and her adorkably loveable personality quickly made her a favorite among audiences of the Kobe district. Even more so when, in a daytime drama style twist, it was discovered that she was in fact related by blood to the Murasaki family (noble rulers of the Combine planet of Sakuranoki). Though her absent father turned out to be a philandering, disgraced warrior who had been exiled from the Combine, this didn't stop her from taking the Murasaki name for herself, causing controversy among the Kobe community that only increased her exposure.

Just before the Jihad reached Solaris, Rinko arranged for her mech to undergo extensive modifications in preparation for settling a long rivalry with another Solaris duelist, a former Smoke Jaguar warrior named Deacon who was known for piloting an Awesome. Believing no advantage was too cheap to employ, Rinko had her battlemech equipped with a sheath of reflective armor that would allow her to largely shrug off the fire of Deacon's energy based machine while she savaged his own mech with her brutal close range firepower. How this would have worked out will never be known, as their duel was postponed by the Word of Blake's invasion of Solaris.

Warhammer WHM-7K Rinko
Base Tech Level: Experimental (IS)
Level            Era   
-----------------------
Experimental  3072-3080
Advanced        3081+ 
Standard          -   
Tech Rating: E/X-X-F-E

Weight: 70 tons
BV: 1,989
Cost: 7,945,233 C-bills

Movement: 4/6
Engine: 280
Double Heat Sinks: 15 [30]
Gyro: Standard Gyro

Internal: 107 (Endo-Steel)
Armor: 216/217 (Reflective)
                     Internal  Armor   
----------------------------------------
Head                        3      9   
Center Torso               22     30   
Center Torso (rear)               13   
Right Torso                15     20   
Right Torso (rear)                10   
Left Torso                 15     20   
Left Torso (rear)                 10   
Right Arm                  11     22   
Left Arm                   11     22   
Right Leg                  15     30   
Left Leg                   15     30   

Weapons             Loc  Heat 
-------------------------------
Snub-Nose PPC        RA   10   
Snub-Nose PPC        LA   10   
Medium Pulse Laser   RT    4   
Medium Pulse Laser   LT    4   

Equipment      Loc 
--------------------
PPC Capacitor   RA 
PPC Capacitor   LA 
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

bblaney

• Lieutenant
Re: Warhammer 7K Rinko, that girl carries a grudge...
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2018, 19:16:29 »
While I love a slugger, this one has a range problem, and with 4/6 movement it'll get ripped to shreds until the enemy screws up and gets in range. I would still use it, of course.
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2018, 23:29:53 »
I have always loved the WHM-7K since the 1990s, and this is quite a take: up close, it's gonna hurt someone real bad.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2018, 23:47:14 »
Steal her look: Penetrator 4D edition

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2018, 00:02:32 »
While I love a slugger, this one has a range problem, and with 4/6 movement it'll get ripped to shreds until the enemy screws up and gets in range. I would still use it, of course.

True story, I originally intended to keep the ER PPCs from the stock Warhammer 7K, but the more I looked at it, the more boringly efficient it looked, so I went with a more exciting load well suited for Solaris.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

RevenVrake

• Master Sergeant
  • When in doubt, alpha strike!
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2018, 00:25:20 »
I was thinking that running Plasma Rifles would be an even more scary in close fighter but with Solaris as the setting would weapons such as the Plasma Rifle be acceptable? I mean in arena matchs using the super-flamers might be a tad...gruesome.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #6 on: 22 March 2018, 02:32:15 »
I was thinking that running Plasma Rifles would be an even more scary in close fighter but with Solaris as the setting would weapons such as the Plasma Rifle be acceptable? I mean in arena matchs using the super-flamers might be a tad...gruesome.
Isn't that the point?
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 23 March 2018, 14:06:11 »
True story, I originally intended to keep the ER PPCs from the stock Warhammer 7K, but the more I looked at it, the more boringly efficient it looked, so I went with a more exciting load well suited for Solaris.

It would be quite a nasty beast on Solaris
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #8 on: 23 March 2018, 14:15:39 »
A real slugger for close in matches and I love the background too :) 
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Register