Author Topic: Miniatures of the Fortnight #76: Vixen (Incubus) and Incubus II  (Read 2681 times)

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
Here we are at the end.  Not of Miniature(s) of the Fortnight, oh no (we still have so much ground to cover), but of the Clan 'Mechs in Technical Readout: 3055.  This fortnight, we look at the Vixen (Incubus), which originally appeared in the Jade Falcon Sourcebook.

If you don't believe me, it's on page 102.  There's a picture on page 103... unless you have the PDF.  That's right.  The original Vixen (Incubus) is, like all of the Clan BattleMechs in TRO: 3055, Unseen.

The original resembles an evolution of same aesthetic line as the Stinger, Wasp, and Phoenix Hawk.  This lineage is not as apparent in the Reseen version first seen in Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, probably deliberately.

Technical Readout: Prototypes gives us the Incubus II, a new 'Mech developed by Clan Hell's Horses and Clan Wolf-in-Exile.  Aesthetically, it resembles the Reseen Vixen (Incubus).

As far as how to use either 'Mech and their variants in game, I'll refer you to Moonsword's 'Mech of the Week article, who covers both much better than I could.  Kotetsu covers the Incubus II specifically in another 'Mech of the Week article.

On to the miniatures!  The Vixen (Incubus) has had four miniatures:
  • The original Unseen sculpt (20-661).
  • The Reseen sculpt for the 4 variant (20-338).
  • The BattleForce-scale sculpt of the Vixen (Incubus) 4 (20-9113).
  • The newest sculpt for the Vixen (Incubus) 6 mentioned in the New Tech, New Upgrades section of Technical Readout: 3150 (record sheet available from IWM) (20-5168).
The Vixen (Incubus) should also get a Classic sculpt from the recent Kickstarter as part of the Clan Striker Star pack.

The Incubus II has a single sculpt available (20-5047).

So let's send off the Clan section of TRO: 3055 with a bang.  Post pictures of all of your painted Vixen (Incubus) or Incubus II minis.  We'd love to see them!

Thank you for reading.  And a special thank you to those of you who will post pictures!

Our next two fortnights will be:
  • Inner Sphere (9/9): Griffin and Super Griffin
  • Clan (9/23): Invading Clans: Ghost Bear Edition (Grizzly and Kodiak, with special guest Kodiak II)

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
Re: Miniatures of the Fortnight #76: Vixen (Incubus) and Incubus II
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2019, 09:45:12 »
Only the reseen Vixen is ready.
Clan Hell's Horses Delta

shadowdancer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2019, 19:12:27 »
Here are two of the unseen and one of the new ones.
Wishing the Worse on your Enemies
Contact the 13th Armored Calvary
Deliverers of "BAD LUCK"
Anytime
Anyplace
If the Price is Right

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2019, 00:47:00 »
3 originals, and 1 reseen.  I guess I was in a very anime inspired phase for the old VMI version.

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2019, 12:48:42 »
Wow, it stunning how the resculpt looks so pathetic and lame when stacked up against the original sculpt. 8)

Great job to all those who painted either version though! :thumbsup:

.RL

• Master Sergeant
  • Freeborn Scum
« Reply #5 on: 29 August 2019, 23:27:52 »
Wow, it stunning how the resculpt looks so pathetic and lame when stacked up against the original sculpt. 8)

Great job to all those who painted either version though! :thumbsup:

yeah... I wish I could get my hands one of the old sculpts.

Great collection you have there Luciora.
A bit obsessed with the BattleTech universe since I saw the glorious TV show as a kid...

My humble offering of painted 'Mechs

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
« Reply #6 on: 07 September 2019, 14:31:47 »
I have four Incubus including 2 unseen. Here's their pics.

Register