Author Topic: Making a few hills  (Read 1714 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Making a few hills
« on: 23 July 2016, 00:41:32 »
A while back I posted a question in the Tips forum about making purple foam board into terrain since I got a square on sale at Home Depot.  Lots of helpful tips but I finally had a chance to put everything together . . . and so I have the start of some hills!

Stage one had me get a hot wire cutter . . . tried a few of the other methods mentioned- just too messy and wasted too much material with my clumsy attempts.  The hot wire went back and cleaned up . . . and I also learned it required a very steady hand- wavy edges were not by intention!

I used a primer can of paint to make the purple into green.  I have put green flock on top and will re-watch the video I saw the technique on at first . . . I do not want the flock coming off during play.  I also will be drawing in the hexes.

Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
Re: Making a few hills
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2016, 11:52:45 »
I can't see the pic. Since you wont want to flock, you can get the sheets or "turf" looking paper at michaels and hobby lobby and layer it over the hills. I think it even comes in giant rolls. So, you could lay out a really large area.
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook