Author Topic: Clan Wolverine paint scheme?  (Read 3694 times)

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
Clan Wolverine paint scheme?
« on: 04 February 2018, 12:44:17 »
So I found this and like the colors (and Clan). Now I could use a little (a lot) of help in how to paint this scheme. I have a little experience  with painting minis, but mostly just custom Merc stuff.

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

Robroy

• Lieutenant
Re: Clan Wolverine paint scheme?
« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2018, 23:17:02 »
http://camospecs.com/Article/Details/54/painting-a-clan-wolverine-scheme

Am I missing something? That link takes me to a page on the blue and gold scheme, I have seen before when looking for info on the black and tan scheme.

Or maybe I was not clear, I do that as I try to save words, don't like typing. Or did the attachment not go through? There is supposed to be a pic of a black and tan Pulverizer.

What I am looking for is a how to guide for the black and tan scheme. Or at least what paints?
What base coat?
What primer?
Washes and dry brushes, that kind of stuff.
« Last Edit: 06 February 2018, 08:03:02 by Robroy »

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 04 February 2018, 23:55:45 »
 No specific guides other than that article.  Be creative with the information provided.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2018, 11:51:37 »
Well here we go. I think they came out pretty good for not painting anything since 1994. Got the paints from a near by Games Worship store. The salesman was very helpful, recommending colors after just a glance at the photo of what I wanted.

Primer coat is Chaos black.
Base coat is Rhinox Hide and Zandri Dust.
Wash, which GW calls shade is Nuln Oil.
Dry brush with Tyrant Skull and Verminlord Hide.

Cockpits done with a base of Stormhost Silver and Soulstone Blue over it.
And a couple barrels highlighted with Leadbelcher.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 04 March 2018, 12:01:17 »
And the other two.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 04 March 2018, 12:11:32 »
Looks good!  I'm tempted to paint up some examples of the other schemes at some point as well.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 04 March 2018, 12:42:51 »
Thanks. Next time I do a mini i will mix the two different rocks on the base for the color instead of having them separate.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 04 March 2018, 12:46:46 »
Those darn microbiomes!

Thanks. Next time I do a mini i will mix the two different rocks on the base for the color instead of having them separate.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 10 March 2018, 10:15:19 »
I forgot to mention, I drilled and pinned the joints because too many of my first minis fell apart. I got a pin vice with drill bits, first time I used it I broke a bit right off the bat. So I found a center bit/counter sink bit. The little point is .030 inch which is the size wire I am useing. It makes starting holes much easier as it is not as flimsy as the bits and on thin pieces it is as deep as I need to go. I also use a 3/8 variable speed drill, just go slow, and it will clamp the pin vice bits.