Author Topic: Any idea when we will see a new VTOL mini?  (Read 2806 times)

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
Any idea when we will see a new VTOL mini?
« on: 04 May 2012, 13:53:22 »
I was looking at the release schedule and realized that there weren't going to be any VTOL miniatures coming out this year.  Where's the VTOL love?   :'(

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: Any idea when we will see a new VTOL mini?
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2012, 00:25:49 »
Where's the VTOL love?   :'(
I second this.  (Especially since I helped fund the Sprint & its not on the schedule)

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2012, 16:49:36 »
Where's the VTOL love?   :'(

I don't want to alarm you, but there's 4 VTOL's on the Archive List.  Maybe this accounts for the lack of haste in getting more released?   ???  I've got 7 different VTOLs, and the Donar (which is Archived, but not one I own) makes 8.  When you Archive HALF of a particular type of vehicle due to slow sales . . .  :o  Well, it sounds to me like it's not very High on their Priority List, compared to 'Mechs, Aerotech Warships, Aerospace Fighters and ground vees.  Although I understand their reasoning, to release minis that will sell Well before those that will/may sell Poorly.  I guess, "Better Late Than Never" applies, right?  O0
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2012, 20:05:57 »
I am fully aware of how many VTOLs are in the archive.  I would also say that there are a lot of tanks, mechs and aircraft in the archives and then say, so what?

There are also several VTOLs still in the regular inventory too.  I really don't think I am asking so much if one new VTOL per year showed up on the schedule.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2012, 21:10:55 »
I'd take a new vtol as long as it was more in the Warrior / Yellowjacket scale and less in the Hawkmoth scale.  It's more like Mothra than a vtol.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2012, 22:18:11 »
I'd take a new vtol as long as it was more in the Warrior / Yellowjacket scale and less in the Hawkmoth scale.  It's more like Mothra than a vtol.

Gauss-zilla v Hawk-Mothra!  I demand it happen.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2012, 00:32:27 »
Given what TW did to Vtol rules I'm really surprised that they would sell poorly.
Then toss in the fact that they are an "air" unit that doesn't require a separate map to use them, and I'd think they would be quite popular.

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2012, 01:25:48 »
I am fully aware of how many VTOLs are in the archive.  I would also say that there are a lot of tanks, mechs and aircraft in the archives and then say, so what?

There are also several VTOLs still in the regular inventory too.  I really don't think I am asking so much if one new VTOL per year showed up on the schedule.

I don't have a problem with VTOL's, so Please don't jump down my throat simply because I pointed out that nearly half of the ones they've got minis for are Archived.  I don't KNOW why they aren't releasing any, I'm simply suggesting a Possible reason.  I'm as "Out of the Loop" as you are about the Inner Workings of IWM.  I'm simply using the ""SWAG" principle to toss out a possible reason.   :P  My opinion in NO way expresses that of IWM, CGL, or that old dude that lives under the bridge.
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2012, 07:33:45 »
I was looking at the Aeron for fan funding shortly before the freeze on it.  Maybe when the backlog is cleared, we can fund some VTOLs.

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2012, 09:33:34 »

+1.  the Hawk Moth is way too big. 

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 07 May 2012, 09:54:55 »
I was looking at the Aeron for fan funding shortly before the freeze on it.  Maybe when the backlog is cleared, we can fund some VTOLs.

Not sure that will ever happen.  Sawbones' post made it seem like he might be done w/ that project forever.  And honestly, given the HUGE backlog we already have and the stuff that seems to be the priority (BF Scale mechs) right now, I think its a long way off before that backlog gets cleared.  I'd guess probably a few years away, sadly.

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #11 on: 07 May 2012, 11:52:43 »

I don't want to alarm you, but there's 4 VTOL's on the Archive List.  Maybe this accounts for the lack of haste in getting more released?   ???  I've got 7 different VTOLs, and the Donar (which is Archived, but not one I own) makes 8.  When you Archive HALF of a particular type of vehicle due to slow sales . . .  :o  Well, it sounds to me like it's not very High on their Priority List, compared to 'Mechs, Aerotech Warships, Aerospace Fighters and ground vees.  Although I understand their reasoning, to release minis that will sell Well before those that will/may sell Poorly.  I guess, "Better Late Than Never" applies, right?  O0

I'm not trying to jump down anyone's throat but I DO want to make the point that while some VTOL's sell poorly others do not.  As Hellraiser points out I would think that a Sprint would be popular as it is a superior spotting unit.  Same goes for the Ferret which is one of THE cheapest spotting units in the game. 

I would really love to see a Nightshade mini come out sometime as well.  There are some really nice variants for that unit too.   If fan funding were ever possible again (I know not likely) then this would be the one I would contribute for.  O0

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 07 May 2012, 18:02:08 »
I would really love to see a Nightshade mini come out sometime as well. 

Oh the Nightshade,  my favorite SLDF VTOL...........  /sighs whistfully