Author Topic: Is the search function broken?  (Read 1840 times)

plutonick

• Sergeant
Is the search function broken?
« on: 26 July 2019, 00:52:03 »
I am searching for the keyword 'campaign' and the latest result I get it's from 2013...
Need a newbie guide for Against the Bot (AtB / MekHQ)? Click here (v3 updated August '19)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Re: Is the search function broken?
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2019, 02:48:21 »
If you leave the search tool default of "last 9999 days", you'll still only get 50 hits (the max for any search).  That'll be scattered throughout the timeline.  If you want more recent results, change "9999" to "365" or "30" and you'll get far more recent results.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2019, 08:10:31 »
you can also change the search order to 'most recent topics first'

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

plutonick

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2019, 14:46:51 »
Unless I do what Mendrugo suggested, 'most recent topics first' will not work.
Need a newbie guide for Against the Bot (AtB / MekHQ)? Click here (v3 updated August '19)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2019, 15:04:04 »
Pretty sure it worked before. I do a fair amount of searching and never had this problem to my knowledge. Whatever the case, it’s not working now. I only get results from 2011.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?