Author Topic: Problem replying  (Read 1219 times)

Mystic

• Sergeant
  • AKA that RJ Thomas dude
Problem replying
« on: 16 December 2022, 01:03:54 »
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I've come back after a very long absence and when I go to certain threads or topics, I don't see the reply button. Is there something wrong with my account? Is there anything a moderator can do to help? Much appreciated.

-RJ Thomas aka "Mystic"
"Close air support covers a multitude of sins" - Schlock Mercenary

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Problem replying
« Reply #1 on: 16 December 2022, 01:08:02 »
are said threads locked?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Mystic

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 16 December 2022, 01:10:10 »
Not that I can tell. I don't think the "Ask a Writer" thread is locked as the specific thread in question was posted today.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 16 December 2022, 04:10:39 »
"Ask the Writer" threads are, IIRC, set so that only appropriate coloured beemer owners, and the original poster, can post therein. This was done to avoid general forum members a) answering questions sent to the writers, or b) derailing the question.

It's been like that for ages - if it's been long enough that the last time you were on was before the most recent forum crash, that might explain it.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Mystic

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 16 December 2022, 10:54:53 »
Ah, that makes sense. OK, I wanted to know because I AM an author and was trying to answer a question posted about one of my recently published stories.

(OK, that was a bit of a humble-brag, but I'm still excited about it) 8)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #5 on: 16 December 2022, 13:02:48 »
Ah, that makes sense. OK, I wanted to know because I AM an author and was trying to answer a question posted about one of my recently published stories.

(OK, that was a bit of a humble-brag, but I'm still excited about it) 8)

Sorry, you'll need to qualify for a writer's yellow beemer, and that's the Editor's perogative, not the forum teams.

Congratulations on being published!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"