Author Topic: (Answered) Reconciling AToW p335 payment multipliers with Campaign Ops p25  (Read 1788 times)

Kobura

• Corporal
  • Aliis volat propriis.
Quality/Expertise multipliers just threw my campaign for an eight hour loop today, as we discovered a few costs off-kilter (having five doctors and no medics in a Medical team makes for a lot of cost! oops!) and went to rectify them. During the reverse-engineering process and attempting to backwalk what books were used to determine them, we discovered there were two different Expertise charts with vastly different multipliers for salary...

What supercedes what? Characters run a group, but are billing their client for themselves as their appropriate specialty(s) and the gross mismatch in these numbers is chaotic.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2018, 13:49:41 by Xotl »
Angel of the Light
Serpent of the Night

Proud of Clan
Proud of Honor
Proud of Battle

Kobura Shinja Cape

cray

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?
Re: Reconciling AToW p335 payment multipliers with Campaign Ops p25
« Reply #1 on: 04 December 2017, 17:17:36 »
What supercedes what? Characters run a group, but are billing their client for themselves as their appropriate specialty(s) and the gross mismatch in these numbers is chaotic.

The most recent book/errata usually takes precedence in cases of canon conflict. CO is latest, so I'd go with that until an errata fixes CO or ATOW, or both.

The origins of the CO cost multipliers was FM:Mercs' salaries table (p. 156). When I was writing the force creation rules, I was keeping a close eye on prior force creation rules like FM:Mercs. I noted the difference with ATOW's table, but figured it'd be preferable to maintain continuity with the older force creation rules (on salaries at least, I was throwing in enough changes otherwise).
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

**"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." --Wash, Firefly.
**"Well, the first class name [for pocket WarShips]: 'Ship with delusions of grandeur that is going to evaporate 3.1 seconds after coming into NPPC range' tended to cause morale problems...." --Korzon77
**"Describe the Clans." "Imagine an entire civilization built out of 80’s Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, & Macho Man Randy Savages ruling over an entire labor force with Einstein Level Intelligence." --Jake Mikolaitis

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Kobura

• Corporal
  • Aliis volat propriis.
Re: Reconciling AToW p335 payment multipliers with Campaign Ops p25
« Reply #2 on: 06 December 2017, 04:35:16 »
I'll run with CO as well then, if more rules in the future are going to be eyeing the old rules. There's also no errata for this in AToW which I actually forgot to check until just now (new post incoming for a separate issue, hehehe).

Thanks for your time.
Angel of the Light
Serpent of the Night

Proud of Clan
Proud of Honor
Proud of Battle

Kobura Shinja Cape

cray

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

**"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." --Wash, Firefly.
**"Well, the first class name [for pocket WarShips]: 'Ship with delusions of grandeur that is going to evaporate 3.1 seconds after coming into NPPC range' tended to cause morale problems...." --Korzon77
**"Describe the Clans." "Imagine an entire civilization built out of 80’s Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, & Macho Man Randy Savages ruling over an entire labor force with Einstein Level Intelligence." --Jake Mikolaitis

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Register