Author Topic: Looking to start AS campaign in Fairfax, VA  (Read 1882 times)

panzerfaust150

• Master Sergeant
Looking to start AS campaign in Fairfax, VA
« on: 18 July 2016, 08:36:48 »
Hey guys,
 So I have been playing Alpha Strike with another group occasionally in Alexandria..and what can I say, I like it! It has a lot of promise for the Guderian or Zhukov in me and I like doing the operational level stuff. So...with that said...I would love to organize some like minded individuals to get together once a month starting in August to do some Alpha Strike and see if we figure out where we'd like to do a campaign?

Some possibilities include?

• Fedcom Civil War
  • Clan Invasion
  • 1st Succession War
  • 4th Succession War

Yes, I like the past eras. I am definitely leaning towards a merc style campaign. But that said, I am looking to see what the interest is? So, if interested, please PM me care of the site?

Tentative date and time would be Saturday, August 13th, beginning at noon. Address will only be given out to serious replies.

Light refreshments (chips and sodas) to be served. But I can be convinced (easily) to order a pizza or two.
Clover Spear author and cat wrangler!
FedCom Fan!

panzerfaust150

• Master Sergeant
Re: Looking to start AS campaign in Fairfax, VA
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2016, 08:17:21 »
Ok, we have a definite start date of 13 August, with our start time being 1200. For location, you have two options?

1. Go to meetup.com and look for the NOVAG Gaming Pavilion, then look for the Alpha Strike event, that will give you my location.

2. PM me.

Hope to see you there.
FedCom Fan!

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2016, 16:12:17 »
AS isn't my cuppa, but I'll give it a shot. 

panzerfaust150

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2016, 14:52:52 »
Hi all,
 The first game was a simple affair, with three attendees. A company of the 7th Crucis Lancers and another of the 6th Lyran Guards versus a Trinary of Jade Falcons. The game went well, and I think we got ten turns in before the affair was fought to a conclusion, where the Falcons won on points, but I will say the casualties seemed about even.

One thing about Alpha Strike..it does run up the kill total and fast.

Next get together will be Saturday, September 10th (again, address of the event will only be given out to serious replies via PM) and will also be advertised on Meetup under the NOVAG Games Pavillion. I look forward to seeing you all there.
FedCom Fan!

panzerfaust150

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 05 September 2016, 08:20:54 »
Just a reminder. Next game at my place is September 10th, at noon. Please PM for address, or look on meetup.com at the NOVAG Gamers Pavilion.

It would be good to see you.
FedCom Fan!

panzerfaust150

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 13 September 2016, 12:09:32 »
Our next game is Oct 22nd, same bat time, same bat place! Please either pm for the address or look on meetup.com under NOVAG Games Pavilion.
FedCom Fan!

panzerfaust150

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 17 October 2016, 09:42:23 »
Just a reminder of our next game, October 22nd, at noon. Please PM me for the location, as I would love to have more folks show up. It would be a blast!
FedCom Fan!

panzerfaust150

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 28 October 2016, 10:28:49 »
Just to let everyone know, the next installment of Alpha Strike goodness will be on the 26th of November from noon to five. If you wish to come, either look me up on Meetup under NOVAG Games Pavillion or PM me care of the site.
FedCom Fan!

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 20 March 2018, 16:31:43 »
Hi there!

Saw the thread here and was interested in joining your group.  I know this thread is a bit old since someone last posted, but just in case you all still play I would be delighted to push some metal around and do the occasional DFA.

Cheers!
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Register