Author Topic: Manufacturing Questions  (Read 2550 times)

Countergod

• Recruit
Manufacturing Questions
« on: 04 March 2011, 19:13:45 »
Dear Developers/anybody who might have the answers

Is there a full list of Erratas or 3067 manufacturing list (pre Jihad) availible somewhere? I was trying to compile a full listing for a campaign some friends of mine asked me to make (I dont know WHY i always get stuck with the job of putting it together ... >.>) and we wanted to include manufacturing numbers. I have been using the TRO's and FM's where possible, and Gause Bear's older manufacturing list where I was not sure. If such a list is not availible, could the following questions be answered please?

1) The Clint was listed in 3050 Upgrades as being manufactured at Furillo in Def Hes, but uses a C3 slave, which is not a Lyran technology (though, acknowledged, it was also used on the Thanatos). Is this correct and if so, does the Lyrans actually have access to and use C3 units?

2) The Assassin is listed as being manufactured at "a location" by Def Hes in 3050 Upgrades, but which one was not listed. This variant, I assume, is the LB-5x variant. Is this still being manufactured, or was it discontinued during the civil war, and what planet was it manufactured on?

3)  The Hamamoto-Chi is listed as being manufactured at Errai in 3050, and I cannot find the planet listed in 3050 Upgrades on any map. Which planet is this mech manufactured on and has it been made there since it was first introduced?

4) Where are the new Stalker models for the FS and LA manufactured? (the H Gause and the ERPPC/TCPU ones)

(will be continued in another post, i think I hit the line limit for a post)

Countergod

• Recruit
Re: Manufacturing Questions
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2011, 19:22:29 »
5) Heavy Metal Pro has a new Cyclops model, but 3050 Upgrades Variants dont list it. Is this mech canon, and is it manufactured or modified outside of a manufacturing facility, and who uses it? (it was listed as every nation under the sun)

6) is the Caesar manufactured in Lyran Space? the CES-4R is an obvious Lyran design but it would not make sense for it to be made on New Syrtis due to the light engine and Hgause.

7) is the newest Grasshopper design manufactured at some place, or is it just a repair shop upgrade?

8) A friend of mine mentiond an errata for the Spider, Venom, and Bishamon manufacturer (all listed as either Kuritan mechs or made in kurita in the fluff) but the manufacturer is in the FWL. He said there were two planets, with factories owned by the same company. Can I have this verified and, if so, which products made on "Tematagi" is made on each planet?

9) I have some sketchy info that says that the Whitworth is made on Derion, but 3050 Upgrades says it was discontinued. The new variant could be either a manufactured one or a field upgrade. Could I have some guidance on this?

10) is the Hunchback made in the Lyran Alliance? there is an obviously Lyran variant, but I dont see any info of it ever being made in the nation.

11) 3058 Upgrades lists several new Emperor variants. Is the old 3058 variant still in manufacture, or was it replaced. If it is still made, is it made at all five sights that make the emperor, or only the original sights listed in 3058?

(continued)

Countergod

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2011, 19:33:13 »
12) The Kabuto is listed as being made on Ozawa, which the map I consulted has in the FS as of 3060 (the TRO it is introduced in). Is this correct or was this mistaken?

13) Somehow, I dont think the people of the FS would be very happy at Vicky Steiner-Davion spending lots of money upgrading the Quentin factory owned by the DC to make the Jagermech III. Is this listed correctly (and if so, does the Kuritans use the variant?) or was this factory not upgraded, as 3060 says it was?

14) 3058 upgrades lists several Pillager variants, and it is not clear which are made, where they are made, and which are discontinued (if any). Could I get some guidance on this?

15) where are the following mechs from TRO:PP made and what companies make them?
BLR-CM, BLR-K3, TDR-7SE, TDR-10SE, TDR-9NAIS, Archer Steiner Variant, GRF-6CS, Phoenix Hawk CS/wob variant, SCP-12C, SHD-7CS

16) TRO:PP states that a FWL exclusive Warhammer variant is being designed on Emris IV, but does not say what it is. Was this ever specified or will this be coming in a future publication?

17) TRO:PP states that the FWL is not doing an upgraded variant of the wolverine, despite 2 planets being listed as making it. Will this be changed or is the 3050 variant still the FWL official variant. In addition, TRO:PP states taht the FS variants are made on Talon, but 3050 states Nanking. Was this misprinted? if not, what is the Nanking factory doing?

(last question to follow)
« Last Edit: 04 March 2011, 19:43:59 by Countergod »

Countergod

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2011, 19:39:18 »
This last question is one of some contention, due to varying sources stating different things. the Fedcom Civil war book states that it will take decades for the Lyrans and FS militaries to rebuild themselves. In addition, FM:Updates states that the FWL is comissioning 2 regiments a year.  For this to be anywhere near true (assuming no losses, as the FWL has not been involved in anything remotely resembling combat that would incur significant losses), Each mech manufacturing line would be forced to produce between 8-12 mechs a year, and this would mean that the Lyrans would be rebuilt completely in one decade (still a long time, but not decades, plural)

This number would make no sense, as I cant imagine a factory making this few. In addition, 3050 states that the Spider is produced "only" at a dozen a year, implying more, if not much more should be the norm. 3025 (admitted a VERY old source) states 130 valkyries a year being made. About how many mechs per manufacturing line is reasonable to be made?

My baseline estimate is that the US Military is theoretically able to replace its entire military in approximately 5-8 years, depending which branch (Navy longer, obviously) if required. If this were applied to the Lyrans and FS, this would mean a much healthier 24-36 mechs made per year per manufacturing line, or about 1-2 mechs a week per line. Still rather slow, but certainly much more reminiscent of a factory.