Author Topic: A quick question about the lower castes  (Read 1178 times)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
A quick question about the lower castes
« on: 13 November 2019, 10:14:12 »
Basically would they speak the formal english that the Warrior's use or would they speak more informally (IE normally) in their own company but probably formally around Warriors.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: A quick question about the lower castes
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2019, 12:52:31 »
Probably the latter, with possible exception to the Scientist Caste.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2019, 14:42:41 »
I'd say informally.  Though depending on the Clan, how formal they speak to the Warriors would depend.  Some of them probably speak formally in the stricter clans(Jags, Falcons), or if they slip into informal, they probably get shown contempt or worse, causing them to either a) speak formal out of fear, or b) speak informal out of contempt, probably getting the ire of the warriors.  In some of the more "relaxed" clans(Wolf, Diamond Shark, maybe Nova Cats), they probably speak informal around the warriors, though even in those Clans, I'd say there's probably still some cringe from the warriors to hear it.  But I could be wrong about that, ymmv.
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2019, 14:50:11 »
If anything, I imagine they're probably a little closer to this.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Register