Author Topic: New Development Snapshot 0.43.8 (0.44 RC2) for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 6526 times)

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
As a reminder when moving between versions:
1)   Make backups of your campaigns and customs.
2)   Always treat each release as a stand alone release and only copy your data forward from older versions.
3)   Mac users will need to perform these steps https://github.com/MegaMek/megamek/wiki/OSX-Permissions to get megamek to run.

Also a reminder to drop into the Slack channel to meet other players and harass the devs that drop in and out.

The change log below lists all the changes.
CHANGE LOGS AND DOWNLOAD LINKS

MegaMek
https://github.com/MegaMek/megamek/releases/tag/v0.43.8
Code: [Select]
+ PR#877: Add the missing new skin files.
+ PR#881: Fixed transparency around buttons in the new skins.
+ Issue #620: Unused bombs are not recovered for VTOLs after battle
+ VTOL cruise MP reduced by 1 per bomb carried per errata.
+ Reports about units being on fire and escaping unscathed are better formatted.
+ Issue 875: Over Verbose Princess.

MegaMekLab
https://github.com/MegaMek/megameklab/releases/tag/v0.43.8
+ Issue #137: BA Printing doesn't print Ammo
+ Issue #138: Changing tech base or tech level resets armor points per ton to 16
+ Issue #139: Right-clicking unallocated armor slot to allocate it uses too many slots in the chosen location.
+ Issue #140: Refresh Issue For Dropships
+ Issue #141: Assign Critical Display Bug

MekHQ
https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/releases/tag/v0.43.8
+ Issue #626: News events with year but no specific date should now fire with better distribution
+ Issue #616: Text rendering issue in Campaign Options screen
+ Data: Fix for multiple issues relating to incorrect capitalization and date omissions in planets.xml
+ VTOL and LAM bomb selections should now be saved when campaign is saved
+ Issue #620: Unused bombs are not recovered for VTOLs after battle (should recover properly for LAMs, as well)
+ Bug: large craft refits calculating ammo loading times incorrectly.
+ Issue #617: Extinct units available for purchase when they shouldn't be.
+ Issue #625: Repair Bay status window not cleared after last unit is repaired.
+ Honor user's press of the cancel button in the briefing screen "load saved game" dialog
+ Dropships and other units with transport bays that have internal components (cubicles, doors) should no longer incorrectly show some of those components as damaged.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Bonus bug fix that I don't see listed as I am pleased to report that portraits are being assigned to female members of the unit as well as randomizing portraits works again in my campaign that was having issues assigning portraits to female unit members.

Okay I thought it was behaving itself but it seems to only be selecting a couple portraits and randomize portrait for an existing member with the default picture stopped working for whatever reason.

Now to re-update the bug tracker.
« Last Edit: 14 February 2018, 00:23:51 by monbvol »

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
So I don't know if this would be technically a bug report or a feature request, but the battle armor generator in megameklab requires you to select an armor type, even if you don't intend to put any armor on the unit.

This is problematic because exoskeletons are available during every era and should be standard level tech. However, the armor isn't, so because megameklab forces you to select an armor type, it won't actually let you build a standard tech succession wars era exoskeleton. The best you can manage is an experimental tech exoskeleton with a 0 value of standard armor.

Also, you could theoretically add a 0 value of stealth armor (or other types) and gain the benefits of it without actually adding any armor.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Battleclad

• Warrant Officer
It's possible to make an ability incompatible with itself.

EDIT: Also is it possible to change the date order? Having it YMD or MDY is offputting for myself as a Brit.
EDIT2: Stray thought, I know in the personnel market we're probably paying the unit cost but it'd be nice to see that listed next to the person (perhaps with the variance of the unit markets in pricing, for example a recruit offered by your employer, etc).
EDIT3: Day progression isn't working properly, which is also breaking payment by contracts.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
It's possible to make an ability incompatible with itself.

EDIT: Also is it possible to change the date order? Having it YMD or MDY is offputting for myself as a Brit.
EDIT2: Stray thought, I know in the personnel market we're probably paying the unit cost but it'd be nice to see that listed next to the person (perhaps with the variance of the unit markets in pricing, for example a recruit offered by your employer, etc).
EDIT3: Day progression isn't working properly, which is also breaking payment by contracts.

Abilities *can* be made incompatible, pre-requisite or self-removing when editing them. Not sure that fixing that is going to make it into the stable, as it's a relatively minor issue that's easily worked around by not doing it.

Date format changes are, I believe, being worked on. However, that's a long-term project that's not going to come out for the upcoming stable.

When you hire someone from the personnel market, you're not paying anything up front. It's more like hiring someone for a job.

You're going to have to be more specific about day progression. Without details, we can't really help you out. I would suggest going on https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/issues and posting your campaign save, game version and what exactly you're doing.

pheonixstorm

• Major
When you hire someone from the personnel market, you're not paying anything up front. It's more like hiring someone for a job.

Incorrect for AtB and also dependent on if you use the pay for recruitment option.

Based on the way the wording is I am guessing he is playing AtB. If that is the case the cost for hiring said new employee with unit is located on the bottom left corner of the market dialog. For hiring personnel w/o a unit (or non atb) then you are only paying 3 months worth of salaries to hire then iirc. That is not listed anywhere other than the ledger.

scJazz

• Captain
If that is the case the cost for hiring said new employee with unit is located on the bottom left corner of the market dialog.

Applies only if you are NOT using the Shares option.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
I am getting:

"Launch4j
The registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation or the runtime is corrupted.
The system cannot find the file specified."

What am i doing wrong?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

pheonixstorm

• Major
Not telling us what you are trying to run in the first place??

Beyond that is sounds like something about your java installation is corrupt. Try reinstalling java and see if that helps.

scJazz

• Captain
I am getting:

"Launch4j
The registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation or the runtime is corrupted.
The system cannot find the file specified."

What am i doing wrong?

From Stackoverflow

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33856461/how-to-setup-java-runtime-environment-on-windows-10

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
Not telling us what you are trying to run in the first place??

Beyond that is sounds like something about your java installation is corrupt. Try reinstalling java and see if that helps.
Thanks, re-installing worked.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

pheonixstorm

• Major
If you didn't the last time, make sure to uninstall prior versions of Java before installing a new one. So when MM & family works well with Java 9, be sure to uninstall Java 8 before installing a new version. I don't know if that might have been the problem but it goes more to the answer scjazz pointed out.

In either case, glad it works now :)

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
If you didn't the last time, make sure to uninstall prior versions of Java before installing a new one. So when MM & family works well with Java 9, be sure to uninstall Java 8 before installing a new version. I don't know if that might have been the problem but it goes more to the answer scjazz pointed out.

In either case, glad it works now :)
I had no prior versions installed and my other java programs worked fine, which made me very confused.
But this shows again that full clean and re-install is still often the best option for Java.

pheonixstorm

• Major
MM et al are the only Java apps I use so I don't know if the others you refer to use Launch4j or not, if they don't it would explain why only MM had the issue.

HMS_Swiftsure

• Master Sergeant
Is it not possible for inferno to ignite clear hexes anymore?  I have the optional rule turned off, and there still appears to be no effect.

Battleclad

• Warrant Officer
Still testing to see if my campaign issue can be replicated, as a different aside though. Is it possible to add a set of ranks to the ranks.xml? I've tried but it's not showing so unsure if it's just the one file that needs editing.

pheonixstorm

• Major
I have my own ranks so it does work. What are you trying to add and where? Also, what rank option are you using in the campaign options?

Battleclad

• Warrant Officer
I didn't mean in there, I meant adding it to ranks.xml so it's a preset as having to add it back manually every time is tedious unless you use a blank save.

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
When you setup your ranks inside HQ under [CUSTOM] from the drop down menu, save the new ranks.xml file that it writes in a folder with all your other customs things and transfer that over to each new version of the program.  I used to have to do all my custom USMC ranks each and every time until I learned about this.

Battleclad

• Warrant Officer
Wheres does it put that, I thought it only saved it into your save file?

Jayof9s

• Captain
The 'mhqPresets' folder in mmconf is where those get saved to. When you set up all your options in MHQ the Options menu has a "save as preset" feature, which makes it very easy to use the same settings across multiple campaigns.

pheonixstorm

• Major
Ranks are not part of the presets and pull directly from ranks.xml In order to continue using custom ranks for each new campaign you have to copy over the ranks.xml every time you update to the newest version.

Battleclad

• Warrant Officer
I tried that, adding a new option didn't work. Overwriting the default Custom ranks did though.

pheonixstorm

• Major
I added my custom ranks directly to the SL rank field.

Battleclad

• Warrant Officer
All right so it came back, the daily log seems to have an intermittent fault that makes the days not proceed properly.

pheonixstorm

• Major
can't help you w/o the log. If there is an issue it will be in the log

Battleclad

• Warrant Officer
Log

AtB also fails to generate Civilian units for missions at times.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
At this point, you're going to want to hit github: https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/issues

Upload the log, the campaign save file, any custom units you have. Write up anything that you were doing prior to encountering the problem. It looks like there's some issue with an on-going refit (maybe on a damaged unit?), but it's pretty difficult to troubleshoot problems without detailed information.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
Also, as a workaround, the generally accepted approach is to delete whichever unit is being refitted and gm-add yourself a brand new instance of whatever you're refitting to.

pheonixstorm

• Major
Might require some option changes though. Since you can have only canon units but non-canon refits now... makes that a more problematic solution. Or at the very least more annoying to do.

Register