Author Topic: Physical displacement attack order of resolution?  (Read 313 times)

Nethog

• Recruit
Physical displacement attack order of resolution?
« on: 07 February 2024, 17:43:09 »
Reading the rules regarding the physical attack phase in the BT:AGoAC rulebook, I believe in general all damage from physical attacks is considered to be applied simultaneously just like the weapon attack phase with the following exception - on page 24, there is a section labeled "Initiative and displacement" with the statement: "If one Mech's charge, push, or DFA attack would displace the target of another Mech's physical attack, the Mech with the lower initiative (i.e. the first to move) resolves its physical attack first".

So is this the only exception where the order of resolution is sequential? For example if a Mech is performing a kick attack against another Mech which is charging a third Mech, since this situation does NOT match the exception I mentioned above, then the kick attack if successful, will still damage the charging mech, even if the charging mech has a lower initiative and its charge is successful and hence the charging Mech will vacate the hex it is being kicked in. In other words initiative is NOT used in this case. Is this a correct interpretation of the rules?

Nethog

• Recruit
Re: Physical displacement attack order of resolution?
« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2024, 17:59:20 »
After reading through the BT:AGoAC rules "Displacement" section starting on p40, in the "Timing" section on p42, there is a much more general statement on what order to resolve displacement physical attacks, then the very specific statement I cited in my original post on p24. So strictly following the RAW on p42, my conclusion is that initiative is always used when resolving displacement physical attacks. The statement on p24 does not at all conflict with the statement on p42, so the RAW are OK. I do however recommend that the statement on p24 be revised to match what is written on p42. Hopefully this helps you process closure of this question. Thanks

Register