Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 310227 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #960 on: 29 August 2019, 00:09:41 »
The rounding rules for Agile, C3, and Brawler say "round each modifier to the nearest 0.5".  I've since tweaked that wording, but I'd welcome any wording change you think would make that clearer.  The problem is that Brawler isn't a distinct modifier per se unless you work it out by multiplying by 0.25 and then subtracting that; the way Brawler is worded in the text just directly modifies the Subtotal (i.e. it hides the "modifier" part somewhat).

For the Annihilator, you have a PV Subtotal of 40.5.  The result after applying Brawler is 30.375.  Rounding the modifier's results to the nearest 0.5 gets us 30.5, and rounded a final time to 31.

The Grenadier is the same sort of situation.  PV Subtotal of 16.5, multiplied by 0.75 is 12.375, rounded to 12.5, final round to 13.

There's a rounding step here only because everything in the PV formula always rounds itself off to at least a quarter, for overall ease of math.

Also:
I've corrected the HT values on the Grenadier for the base 4-suit squad, but I don't actually know how to modify the 5 and 6-suit entries, so someone else will have to do that (they should be 16 and 18 PV, respectively).
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Gruber

• Recruit
« Reply #961 on: 29 August 2019, 03:38:44 »
Regarding brawler adding a simple note after the different brawler multipliers are described would do the trick.

Something along the lines:
Round the modified PV subtotal to the nearest 0.5.

Thunder

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #962 on: 29 August 2019, 04:01:08 »
Converting Heat Errata v1.1 for Heat-modified damage says "The result is rounded up to the nearest tenth place, then rounded up again to the nearest whole number".

9.205 gets rounded to the nearest tenth place 9.2, then rounded up to the nearest whole number, 10.

But he's talking about Special ability damage (Which is rounded normally).  The test to see if the unit has that special ability (Medium range damage of just that weapon system of >=1) happens before any final damage rounding.  Thus.  .92 rounds to .9, which is less then 1.  Thus that Catapult gets no LRM ability.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #963 on: 29 August 2019, 06:43:11 »
Heat-modified damage has it's own round up to the tenth place.
This round up to the nearest tenth is for heat-modified step and applies to all damage.
0.34 would round up to 0.4.
0.9205 rounds up to 1.0.
Final damage rounding is a separate step, and rounds to a whole number.  That step has different rounding for base damage (round up) and special ability damage (round normal). 
For the two examples above, final damage rounding would then be
0.4 for base rounds up to 1, 0.4 for special ability rounds normal to 0.
1.0 for base and special ability is 1.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Thunder

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #964 on: 31 August 2019, 06:43:11 »
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/2850/scytha-b

Mounts an AMS.  It should have the AMS special ability.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #965 on: 31 August 2019, 16:12:49 »
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/2850/scytha-b

Mounts an AMS.  It should have the AMS special ability.

Aerospace fighters get PNT, not AMS. That’s why it doesn’t have AMS, it would be redudnadmat.
I do see the ASC is confusing this, so will be posting errata.  But aero fighters can’t subtract 1 with AMS and then subtract 1 again with PNT..
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Thunder

• Master Sergeant

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #968 on: 05 September 2019, 23:59:08 »
I've got a question for MUL team.

What is with the introduction date of the Manticore? Says saw solid service in the Reunification War... introduced in 2660s.

Edit: I didn't check anything else for this, too much effort.
« Last Edit: 06 September 2019, 00:59:30 by VhenRa »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #969 on: 06 September 2019, 07:46:25 »
I've got a question for MUL team.

What is with the introduction date of the Manticore? Says saw solid service in the Reunification War... introduced in 2660s.

Edit: I didn't check anything else for this, too much effort.

An error, intro date changed to 2575.

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #970 on: 07 September 2019, 20:16:34 »
Just an FYI to you guys, wasn't sure where to post this...the MUL has been VERY slow to load pages all day long today.

EDIT: And just like that...it's working quickly again. Ugh, should have waited just 20 minutes longer before posting.

Second EDIT I take that back...it's back to being super slow again.
« Last Edit: 07 September 2019, 20:56:10 by Dragon41673 »
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #971 on: 11 September 2019, 10:50:28 »
When looking at Wolf Clan for Invasion Era it shows the Black Knight 6 but not the Royal . . . and the line right above is the Warhammer 6Rb, but no -7A either.  Since it includes IS Clan General, I think both would be added to that list.  It also lacks the Marauder 3R (C).
« Last Edit: 11 September 2019, 10:52:37 by Colt Ward »
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #972 on: 14 September 2019, 15:04:38 »
Looking at the Alpha Strike cards for all the Boreas units (e.g., http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/7352/boreas-a), they list the movement as 12"qt. I believe this may be a mistake as they all have a Walk MP of 4 as well as a Cruise MP of 4 (while in vehicle mode). Since movement is based off Walk for BattleMechs, I believe these should all be changed to 8"qt.

Henning

• Private
  • Per aspera ad astra.
« Reply #973 on: 24 September 2019, 04:05:28 »
Short question on the skill conversion tables per Mech etc:
Is this table still correct or is this in need of updates after some errata in the tech manual regarding modifiers for skill conversion?

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #974 on: 24 September 2019, 09:53:24 »
The TechManual table errata is years-old and so the MUL is fully up to date in that regard.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #975 on: 28 September 2019, 18:06:59 »
I'm getting different damage values and Overheat for the Malice MAL-YZ.

The MUL lists the damage values of 3/3/3 with an OV of 2.
But my calculations are yielding damage values of 2/2/2 with an OV of 3.

Since the calculations are effectively the same at each range, I'll show mine for medium (since it shows OV). It shows the normal damage value would be 5, and after all the heat it should be 2, thus an OV of 3. Am I doing something wrong or is the MUL wrong?

Code: [Select]
======================================================================================================================
Determine Medium Range Damage Value
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Heat Efficiency:            Unit is inefficient                                                                     
     4 (Base) + 24 (Heat Sinks) + 2 (Coolant Pods)                                                          =       30
     6 (Movement) + 44 (Weapons) + 10 (Anti-Missile)                                           (-)      60  =      -30

Offensive Equipment:                                                                                      =    0.000
     ER Large Laser                                                                            (+)   1.000  =    1.000
     ER Large Laser                                                                            (+)   1.000  =    2.000
     Large Pulse Laser                                                                         (+)   1.100  =    3.100
     Large Pulse Laser                                                                         (+)   1.100  =    4.200

Heat-modified damage value:                                                                                         
     Damage subtotal multipled by the total heat dissipation                                   (*)      26  =  109.200
     Divided by the maximum heat output - 4                                                    (/)      56  =    1.950
     Rounded up to the nearest tenth                                                                        =      2.0
     Unit receives Overheat (OV) value of 3                                                                           
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Medium Range Damage Value:                                                                                     2

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #976 on: 28 September 2019, 18:15:47 »
Think I figured it out. The old heat rules doubled movement heat for units with an XXL. The errata'd version has heat for units with an XXL at a minimum of 6. That makes the entire difference with this unit, because the heat-modified damage with 4 movement heat would be 2.022 (whereas it is 1.950 with 6 movement heat); rounded ultimately to 3.

So, I believe more firmly now that the MUL needs to be updated. :)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #977 on: 28 September 2019, 18:34:56 »
Yeah, and that means AS Companion needs errata and every single XXL engine unit needs to be rechecked.  Remind me not to check who is responsible for that errata :).

EDIT: actually the AS Companion already has the errata...still have to recheck all the XXL engine units..
« Last Edit: 28 September 2019, 18:38:14 by nckestrel »

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #978 on: 28 September 2019, 19:11:33 »
...still have to recheck all the XXL engine units..

You're welcome!!  :thumbsup:

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #979 on: 28 September 2019, 19:16:51 »
If you'd like, I can run through units with XXL engines and verify the stats for you. I count 79 canon units with an XXL engine. Will be simple enough for me to cross-check my data and flag any that are different. You can then verify my math. Or you can do it yourself if you'd like. Let me know as I'm happy to lend a hand. :)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #980 on: 28 September 2019, 19:31:18 »
That would be awesome.

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #981 on: 28 September 2019, 19:33:25 »
That would be awesome.

OK, give me a few days and I'll let you know what I find!

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #982 on: 29 September 2019, 20:10:27 »
Done! I've looked through all 79 designs with XXL engines. I found 15 had issues with Short, Medium, or Long range damage values, or the Overheat value. Of those 15, I could only attribute 3 being due to the XXL change.

I want to review my work on the other 12 to make sure I didn't screw up, but what's the best way to communicate those to you? Want me to just place them here along with my work? Don't want to SPAM the MUL thread. :)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #983 on: 29 September 2019, 20:25:06 »
That's what this thread is for.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #984 on: 29 September 2019, 20:55:51 »
Hellstar (Matt Houan)

Not sure if this is a canon variant. The naming convention is unusual, plus I don't see anything in TRO:3085 or RS:3085. If it is legit, "Sniper" is listed in the specials. That isn't a special to my knowledge.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #985 on: 29 September 2019, 21:23:07 »
It's from the first Alpha Strike Unit Card deck.  It's a unique pilot/mech, Sniper is a Special Pilot Ability.  We list those on the same block.

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #986 on: 30 September 2019, 15:43:06 »
The following three units appear to have slightly wrong stats due to the errata with the XXL engine (what the values should be and my calculations are shown for each):

Dark Crow 3
Short-range damage should be 2; Medium-range damage should be 2; OV should be 2
===========================================================================================================
Determine Short Range Damage Value
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Heat Efficiency:                Unit is inefficient                                                     
     4 (Base) + 20 (Heat Sinks) + 3 (Partial Wing)                                                =      27
     16 (Movement) + 26 (Weapons)                                                    (-)      42  =     -15

Offensive Equipment:                                                                            =   0.000
     Rotary AC/2                  [Insufficient Ammo]                                (+)   0.600  =   0.600
     Rotary AC/2                  [Insufficient Ammo]                                (+)   0.600  =   1.200
     Improved Heavy Medium Laser                                                     (+)   1.000  =   2.200
     Improved Heavy Medium Laser                                                     (+)   1.000  =   3.200

Damage subtotal multipled by the total heat dissipation                         (*)      23  =  73.600
     Divided by the maximum heat output - 4                                          (/)      38  =   1.937
     Rounded up to the nearest tenth                                                              =     2.0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Short Range Damage Value:                                                                           2

===========================================================================================================
  Heat Efficiency:                Unit is inefficient                                                     
     4 (Base) + 20 (Heat Sinks) + 3 (Partial Wing)                                                =      27
     16 (Movement) + 26 (Weapons)                                                    (-)      42  =     -15

Offensive Equipment:                                                                            =   0.000
     Rotary AC/2                  [Insufficient Ammo]                                (+)   0.600  =   0.600
     Rotary AC/2                  [Insufficient Ammo]                                (+)   0.600  =   1.200
     Improved Heavy Medium Laser                                                     (+)   1.000  =   2.200
     Improved Heavy Medium Laser                                                     (+)   1.000  =   3.200

Damage subtotal multipled by the total heat dissipation                         (*)      23  =  73.600
     Divided by the maximum heat output - 4                                          (/)      38  =   1.937
     Rounded up to the nearest tenth                                                              =     2.0
     Unit receives Overheat (OV) value of 2                                                               
Final Medium Range Damage Value:                                                                          2

Warhammer IIC 12
Short-range damage should be 5; Medium-range damage should be 5; OV should be 2
=====================================================================================================================
Determine Short Range Damage Value
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     4 (Base) + 40 (Heat Sinks)                                                                            =       44
     6 (Movement) + 48 (Weapons)                                                              (-)      54  =      -10

Offensive Equipment:                                                                                     =    0.000
     ER Small Laser                                                                           (+)   0.500  =    0.500
     ER Small Laser                                                                           (+)   0.500  =    1.000
     ER Medium Laser                                                                          (+)   0.700  =    1.700
     ER Medium Laser                                                                          (+)   0.700  =    2.400
     SRM 6                                                                                    (+)   0.800  =    3.200
     ER PPC                                                                                   (+)   1.500  =    4.700
     ER PPC                                                                                   (+)   1.500  =    6.200

Damage subtotal multipled by the total heat dissipation                                  (*)      40  =  248.000
     Divided by the maximum heat output - 4                                                   (/)      50  =    4.960
     Rounded up to the nearest tenth                                                                       =      5.0
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Short Range Damage Value:                                                                                     5

=====================================================================================================================
     4 (Base) + 40 (Heat Sinks)                                                                            =       44
     6 (Movement) + 48 (Weapons)                                                              (-)      54  =      -10

Offensive Equipment:                                                                                     =    0.000
     ER Small Laser                                                                           (+)   0.500  =    0.500
     ER Small Laser                                                                           (+)   0.500  =    1.000
     ER Medium Laser                                                                          (+)   0.700  =    1.700
     ER Medium Laser                                                                          (+)   0.700  =    2.400
     SRM 6                                                                                    (+)   0.800  =    3.200
     ER PPC                                                                                   (+)   1.500  =    4.700
     ER PPC                                                                                   (+)   1.500  =    6.200

Damage subtotal multipled by the total heat dissipation                                  (*)      40  =  248.000
     Divided by the maximum heat output - 4                                                   (/)      50  =    4.960
     Rounded up to the nearest tenth                                                                       =      5.0
     Unit receives Overheat (OV) value of 2                                                                         
Final Medium Range Damage Value:                                                                                    5

Zeus-X ZEU-X4
Medium-range damage should be 3; OV should be 1
====================================================================================================================
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     4 (Base) + 22 (Heat Sinks)                                                                            =      26
     6 (Movement) + 25 (Weapons)                                                              (-)      31  =      -5

Offensive Equipment:                                                                                     =   0.000
     Medium X-Pulse Laser                                                                     (+)   0.660  =   0.660
     Light Gauss Rifle                                                                        (+)   0.800  =   1.460
     ER Large Laser                                                                           (+)   0.800  =   2.260
     LRM 20                                                                                   (+)   1.200  =   3.460

Damage subtotal multipled by the total heat dissipation                                  (*)      22  =  76.120
     Divided by the maximum heat output - 4                                                   (/)      27  =   2.819
     Rounded up to the nearest tenth                                                                       =     2.9
     Unit receives Overheat (OV) value of 1                                                                         
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Medium Range Damage Value:                                                                                   3
« Last Edit: 08 October 2019, 15:00:41 by Xotl »

Thunder

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #987 on: 30 September 2019, 23:31:25 »
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/269/battle-cobra-btl-c-2of

The HT1/1/1 should be HT1/1/0.
Plasma Rifles don't produce heat past medium range.

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Card/1470?skill=4

Bomb Special ability should be BOMB2
Fighters bomb special is equal to it's size.
« Last Edit: 30 September 2019, 23:52:23 by Thunder »

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #988 on: 01 October 2019, 20:21:54 »
A couple more...

Ostscout IIC (Standard)
There doesn't seem to be an Alpha Strike card at all for this unit.

Mad Cat Mk IV (Savage Wolf) C
Long-range damage should be 3 (currently listed as 4). I believe the long-range weapon heat was used instead of the full weapon heat when calculating heat-modified damage (per the errata). My calculation is below.
========================================================================================================
Determine Long Range Damage Value
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     4 (Base) + 30 (Heat Sinks)                                                               =       34
     6 (Movement) + 34 (Weapons)                                                 (-)      40  =       -6

Offensive Equipment:                                                                        =    0.000
     ER Large Laser                                                              (+)   1.000  =    1.000
     ER Large Laser                                                              (+)   1.000  =    2.000
     LRM 15 w/ Artemis V FCS                                                     (+)   1.260  =    3.260
     LRM 15 w/ Artemis V FCS                                                     (+)   1.260  =    4.520

Determine Overheat Long:                                                                             
     Damage subtotal multipled by the total heat dissipation                     (*)      30  =  135.600
     Divided by the maximum long-range heat output - 4                           (/)      36  =    3.767
     Rounded up to the nearest tenth                                                          =      3.8
     Unit receives the Overheat Long (OVL) special ability                                             

Damage subtotal multipled by the total heat dissipation                     (*)      30  =  135.600
     Divided by the maximum heat output - 4                                      (/)      54  =    2.511
     Rounded up to the nearest tenth                                                          =      2.6
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Long Range Damage Value:                                                                         3

Thunder

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #989 on: 02 October 2019, 13:53:31 »
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6998/foot-level-i-laser-x2

The armor on these guys seems off. (And by extention the other Comstar split platoons)  The Card is supposed to represent 18 men (Half a level 1).  In order to have 3 points of armor, they would need an armor divisor of 3.  So unless Comstar's infantry are either cyborgs or belters with heavy armor...

I'd be able to give better math, but I can't find a record sheet or TRO for them.  I would assume that comstar forces tend to have heavy armor for a armor divisor of 2.  (Based on the TRO 3085 entries.)

Register