Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 237997 times)

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
You have to look at the MWDA mini's. That's all we got.
Returns from the Dead to be a Taurian and Shark/Fox Fanboy

Kat

• Freelance Artist
  • Warrant Officer
    • Kat's deviantART
Thanks, Bergie.
The preceding post has been Smart Wolf®-Approved for quality!

BattleTech and original art          Free hex map template!

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
Does anyone happen to have info on Sea Fox paint schemes? CSO only has the diamond Shark schemes.

I figure that some of those might have been carried over, but with the Clan's new structure I'm not sure what units came from what galaxies.

I've been working on that, but it might take a little time.  Needless to say I have descriptions for everything except Fox (and Psycho's taking up the banner for them at the moment) and am starting the process to get them hashed out :)

Kat

• Freelance Artist
  • Warrant Officer
    • Kat's deviantART
Ooh, I'll be looking forward to that.
The preceding post has been Smart Wolf®-Approved for quality!

BattleTech and original art          Free hex map template!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
We might be vikings...

Its from a marinejegerkommandoen tshirt. So not exactly ancient. But very clan sea foxy. Now to bring back the erikson bloodline.
« Last Edit: 04 October 2013, 22:47:58 by Kitsune413 »
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
Sad that the Mad Cat Mk III variants are just retreds of the MWDA record sheets :( 

Prototypes is still the best of the bunch!

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Sad that the Mad Cat Mk III variants are just retreds of the MWDA record sheets :( 

Prototypes is still the best of the bunch!
Keep going up in tonnage, there's new Mad Cat II's as well.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
And warhammer iics!

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
Keep going up in tonnage, there's new Mad Cat II's as well.

Yup, I had read the blurp on the III's and jumped there thinking I'd find something "new."  I'll stick with prototype's as the Artemis V and two tons of ammo per launcher make it "worth it" to me!  The Mad Cat II's are pretty cool as are the Warhammer IIc's.  As I'm painting one know, I noticed no new Grendel's.  I know not every 'mech can get something... poor guy's sad lol.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Yup, I had read the blurp on the III's and jumped there thinking I'd find something "new."  I'll stick with prototype's as the Artemis V and two tons of ammo per launcher make it "worth it" to me!  The Mad Cat II's are pretty cool as are the Warhammer IIc's.  As I'm painting one know, I noticed no new Grendel's.  I know not every 'mech can get something... poor guy's sad lol.

I'm not sure we're still making Grendels. Clan Hells Horses and Sea Fox still field them. But I'm not sure it isn't just, "We have a lot left over." or not. =\

That Mad Cat III with the ppc and artemis 6 isn't bad. But I think Eve's variant is better.

Whats with all of our new Dominatrix Dasher II's?  ;D

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
Dear Clan Sea Fox,
Please start up Sphinx production and ship it to the Protectorate.
Thank you.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Dear Clan Sea Fox,
Please start up Sphinx production and ship it to the Protectorate.
Thank you.

Some of the Sphinx variants are called 'Diamond Shark' variants in the 3085 book.

But I'm not sure if we just buy them from the Nova Cats like we did with Shadow Hawks and Griffins or if we make them. Though, the Spirit Cats have their own factories now

Dreyf

• Sergeant
Some of the Sphinx variants are called 'Diamond Shark' variants in the 3085 book.

But I'm not sure if we just buy them from the Nova Cats like we did with Shadow Hawks and Griffins or if we make them. Though, the Spirit Cats have their own factories now

I thought there was a passage in the new ER or FM that hinted at the possibility the Foxes were producing the Sphinx.  When I get home I will try to find the mention.

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
In RS 3145: NTNU the last sentence for the Sphinx says the Foxes sell both models, I guess implying they are making them?

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
In RS 3145: NTNU the last sentence for the Sphinx says the Foxes sell both models, I guess implying they are making them?
Not a specific mention, but the first notable pilot for the Wendigo TRO entry says that after the Combine killed off the Nova Cats, they offered the Sea Foxes and opportunity to acquire some of the Nova Cat's stuff in exchange for helping dismantle and relocate some of the remaining factories.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Used a Marauder mk ii 4 yesterday. That thing has alot of ammo! Also its really impressive. Especially in atow.

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
Used the Tiburon the other day and they were fun heh.  Little expensive BV-wise but effective.

Ran a star the other day using the RATs (Mad CAt Mk IV Prime, Grendel D, Goshawk II, Cougar Prime, Arctic Fox B) against some Marik militia units (all 3050 upgrade models plus a royal Highlander)  They had 200ish tons on me and made it interesting, but it's the bot so I only lost the Goshawk II.  Arctic Fox was almost dead as well, but the other three cleaned up the final stragglers.  Interesting game, especially for a random force.

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
Silly question , but do we have much files for the 3145 mechs now?  Didn't see them in the latest MM
Returns from the Dead to be a Taurian and Shark/Fox Fanboy

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Silly question , but do we have much files for the 3145 mechs now?  Didn't see them in the latest MM

They have to wait for them to pass a moratorium period. I think they can add them after three months or so.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Used the Tiburon the other day and they were fun heh.  Little expensive BV-wise but effective.

The Tiburon is a blast. Its mp isn't the best for alpha strike play, but its a slower version of that awesome Dasher variant with the targeting computer and the medium lasers.  ;D

The first grinder I ever played in I took one and had a goal of keeping it unharmed. Managed to achieve my goal! (And won the game, by a series of technicalities that any Sea Fox should appreciate)

Ran a star the other day using the RATs (Mad CAt Mk IV Prime, Grendel D, Goshawk II, Cougar Prime, Arctic Fox B) against some Marik militia units (all 3050 upgrade models plus a royal Highlander)  They had 200ish tons on me and made it interesting, but it's the bot so I only lost the Goshawk II.  Arctic Fox was almost dead as well, but the other three cleaned up the final stragglers.  Interesting game, especially for a random force.

It took me awhile to figure out that the Savage Wolf and the TimberWolf are really different mechs.  ;D The Savage Wolf is an amazing Fire Support Platform. Like the old Mad Dog. The Timber Wolf is a good Cavalry/Brawler mech.

These days in Clan Sea Fox I think the Vulture IV does most of our infighting with the Savage Wolf giving fire support... kind of a flip from the previous years. Though the primary Savage Wolf with the streak launchers isn't bad close up. The feel like the best one is the one Paul built. The one with the LRM's, ER Large Lasers and Case II. You don't have to put your massive engine in to much danger with that one. Just hang back and make people miserable.

I'm still not sure how I feel about these new Dasher II's. On one hand, they'll never show up in the first place because our second line forces are a mystery to everyone! But on the other that Dasher II 3 has full armor (That same weird movement profile as the Tiburon) a scary clan ppc and claws. While the other one has rabies or something!

Is there anything about the Dasher II 4 that isn't insane? The more I look at it the more confused I get.
« Last Edit: 18 October 2013, 18:28:09 by Kitsune413 »

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
I used the Mad Cat Mk IV Prime up close to support the speedy little buggers (well, and the Cougar was pacing the Mk IV and providing LPL's and LRM's in the mix as well.)  The ferro lamellor worked well for that and made it hard enough to deal with.  Backstabbers stabbed and did their thing.

I do agree the Vulture Mk IV is the trooper of the whole equation for Shark forces, though I've been thinking of using faster 'mechs like the Tiburon, Hellion, Goshawk II, Grendel, or Arctic Wolf II.  Support with hovers, VTOL's, and BA and enjoy.  Like a fast paced trading envoy capable of rapid reaction.  Or something. 

Of course, seeing a Tiburon, Goshawk II, or Arctic Wolf II miniature in the next year is probably slim to nonexistent. :(

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Which is a shame. I could use a tiburon mini or five.

Baron RedSkull

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm bringin' macho back!
    • Tidewater Battletech Club
Which is a shame. I could use a tiburon mini or five.

I would also love a Tiburon. 2 questions: What colors to paint it, and who do I have to threaten to make this a reality in the next 6 months?
Why not Zoidberg?

(V){;,,,;}(V)

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
I have no offical in with IWM... I just figure since I want it it won't be out for awhile.

As for offical schemes, well, I'm working on that!  ;D

Finished up a Warhammer IIc 8 for Tiburon Khanate to go with a Grendel i did as a proof-of-conecpt for their scheme!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I love the way warhammer iic's look. I love the way diamond shark products look now.

I never loved the pirahna or thresher. But mad cat 2-4 warhammer iic's, vulture iv and tiburon are all gorgeous mechs.

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
You know, I've never used the Grendel B.  The UAC-5's just a joke.  Maybe I'll be changing my mind after today.  Used one in MM and set the gun on double rate to burn through the ammo.  Now, while I was running through a game against defenders of the FedSuns (465 tons to 250 tons,) this guy cleaned up, taking four kills out of five total units on the field. 

We were combined firing of course because the bot can't be trusted to duel.  No matter.  The Grendel B was on fire.  Arctic Wolf II Prime was also a nice closer who kept obliterating 'Mechs that had already been destroyed.  Solitaire was it's normal self, while the Vulture Mk IV A was a great trooper.  Also tried the Omen, and while it isn't on the RAT's, the presence of a Deimos makes me think that there could be a chance.  It performed well as well.  The suns had, uh a 2G Warlord, 3S Caesar, 8D Warhammer, 8D Ostsol, 9D Dervish, 10SR Hellspawn, XL Blade, 11D Javelin, and a 11D Fireball.  All rolled from their RAT's using no modifiers.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
So I was going to build a freeborn in ATOW and noticed...

Things have to be nuts in the Chaineline islands for their characters to be starting with Wealth.  ;D Man.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Im trying to find the passage that talks about how our clan trades bondsmen With little success. Invariably I find these things then forget qhere they are when I need them. Ill make an index some day.

Anyways, reading the history again I find it ironic that the wolves issued a trial of grievance against our bidding practices. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
The bondsman thing is in clans warriors of kerensky.