Author Topic: “Save” the Jags  (Read 136599 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: Save the Jags
« Reply #360 on: 12 June 2019, 01:08:27 »
Presumably he was to worried about surviving the immediate threat to really bother planning for a threat that was years in the future.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #361 on: 12 June 2019, 09:40:43 »
And while the Jaguars had a repository on Huntress the 'master' copies of everything were on Strana Mechty, home of the Blood Chapels.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #362 on: 13 June 2019, 07:24:51 »
I recall that he wanted to save what's left of his clan and insure himself a line or two in the Remembrance verse for saving it. That and a more prestigious linage bloodhouse named after him, if his was a minor one to start. Form a Minor to a Major one.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #363 on: 09 July 2019, 14:04:14 »
I recall that he wanted to save what's left of his clan and insure himself a line or two in the Remembrance verse for saving it. That and a more prestigious linage bloodhouse named after him, if his was a minor one to start. Form a Minor to a Major one.

TT

Wait what!? So did he purposely leave huntress to fall so he could make a bigger name for himself?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #364 on: 09 July 2019, 16:51:14 »
To be fair, the writing was on the wall for Huntress before then anyway.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Frank

• Master Sergeant
  • The True Holders Of Kerensky's Legecy
« Reply #365 on: 17 July 2019, 23:27:51 »
Tiarret Neversson. Would have had like to have more information on what happened to her during the Jihad and after. Except for some hints in novels nothing.

abou

• Captain
« Reply #366 on: 18 July 2019, 06:30:21 »
Wait what!? So did he purposely leave huntress to fall so he could make a bigger name for himself?
I wouldn't get too bent out of shape on the details. The story was based on Mechwarrior 3. Great game though.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #367 on: 18 July 2019, 13:27:35 »
Tiarret Neversson. Would have had like to have more information on what happened to her during the Jihad and after. Except for some hints in novels nothing.

Precentor Rudolf Shakov got to climb onto that mountain every night . . .
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #368 on: 11 August 2019, 08:49:04 »
Did the IS forces immediately scuttle the defeated jag warships around huntress? I know several were recoverable so the IS destroyed then to prevent that. Would another clan be within clan law to trial for the salvage?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #369 on: 20 August 2019, 17:31:23 »
Did the IS forces immediately scuttle the defeated jag warships around huntress? I know several were recoverable so the IS destroyed then to prevent that. Would another clan be within clan law to trial for the salvage?

Also what would have happened to the crews?

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #370 on: 20 August 2019, 17:41:07 »
Also what would have happened to the crews?

The SLDF captured 2 warships and the Jaguar merchant fleet, keeping them parked and uncharged near Huntress with their crews aboard, until Paul Moon and Baldur enacted their plan and made off with them. See "Forever Faithful" for details.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #371 on: 20 August 2019, 17:46:22 »
The SLDF captured 2 warships and the Jaguar merchant fleet, keeping them parked and uncharged near Huntress with their crews aboard, until Paul Moon and Baldur enacted their plan and made off with them. See "Forever Faithful" for details.

Dang I gotta get this book!

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #372 on: 20 August 2019, 17:47:22 »
Dang I gotta get this book!

Yep. It really is a must read for any Smoke Jaguar fan.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #373 on: 26 August 2019, 11:52:34 »
Yep. It really is a must read for any Smoke Jaguar fan.

Forever faithful may address this but with their fall being so sudden did the jags have additional warships which were cached and not claimed?

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #374 on: 26 August 2019, 11:56:09 »
Forever faithful may address this but with their fall being so sudden did the jags have additional warships which were cached and not claimed?

None that were mentioned. My best guess would be that the Jags traded them away years ago for other resources.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #375 on: 26 August 2019, 12:02:13 »
None that were mentioned. My best guess would be that the Jags traded them away years ago for other resources.

They did have the quick silver mongoose cached away but that is the only one I can think of

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #376 on: 26 August 2019, 13:35:42 »
The Star League warships are interesting for the 'economies' of the Clans . . . basically they are a economic storehouse that is not tapped.  They represent several times the GDP of the Clans that own them.  Yes, small ships have been made and the very 'wealthy' Bears started to produce two superbattleships, but they did not complete them or build the 3rd until they had a whole Occupation Zone to draw on.  A case could also be made that trading their Homeworlds Enclaves is what got them the capital to finish/build the three Leviathans as warships.  Otherwise all we see is some building of corvettes, frigates, destroyers and light carriers (York).  Not even the Snow Ravens carried out a mass production ship building program, instead they built one offs- which had to hurt them b/c of economy of scale.
Colt Ward

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #377 on: 27 August 2019, 05:18:47 »
On the other hand we have something like the Nightlord. So far we know of 8 existing ships - it is unlikely one was destroyed in the undocumented past. And only one ship the Ravens build for themself.
But in the end we have to acknowledge that the clans are able to produce large scale battleships. There was just no need to have them - until the WoR and that is long after the fall of the Jaguars.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Re: “Save” the Jags
« Reply #378 on: 24 September 2019, 10:58:28 »
Just discovered I could edit my thread title. I have added “ marks around save. As when I started this thread it was for ideas on how to absorb or keep the jags as a vassal for another clan

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #379 on: 24 September 2019, 11:52:34 »
Ahhh, a vassal Clan led by Khan Biff Tannen.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #380 on: 24 September 2019, 13:51:38 »
Ahhh, a vassal Clan led by Khan Biff Tannen.

Back to the future we go!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #381 on: 24 September 2019, 14:37:52 »
Great Scott!

For this we'll need Calvin's underpants to be purple, he hates that color the most.

Alright.... *sigh* You can Trial him for that decision.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #382 on: 24 September 2019, 17:49:01 »
They did have the quick silver mongoose cached away but that is the only one I can think of

Who had the security clearance to know of the location of the quick silver mongoose and or any other cached ships? Khan and star admiral only? Merchant factor?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #383 on: 24 September 2019, 19:30:18 »
Definitely not anyone who wasn't a member of the Warrior Caste, but high ranking scientists and technicians might have the info anyway.

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #384 on: 26 September 2019, 09:44:48 »
Would it not be quite interesting if in the continuation of the ilClan story arc the Fidelis would be betrayed again and then annihilated?
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Warship

• Sergeant
  • Once more into the fire
« Reply #385 on: 02 October 2019, 21:08:06 »
Without rereading the thread, do we know Jag holdings before their destruction? 

Mohammed As`Zaman Bey

• Captain
« Reply #386 on: 03 October 2019, 03:48:57 »
  Simply put, we know as much as the writers want us to know, at this time. There are people waiting for the Wolverines to reappear...

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #387 on: 05 October 2019, 01:14:35 »

You can get a pretty solid list from Warriors of Kerensky w/comparison to Wars of Possession and Explorer Corps.
Colt Ward

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #388 on: 05 October 2019, 07:01:55 »
You can get a pretty solid list from Warriors of Kerensky w/comparison to Wars of Possession and Explorer Corps.

Besides the two galaxies on huntress, which had been noted as paper tigers, did the jags have a dedicated homeworlds defense galaxy?

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #389 on: 05 October 2019, 08:19:58 »
They may have at one time, but that was probably cannibalized after the twin debacles of Luthien and Tukayyid.

Register