Author Topic: I have a question about drone controller systems  (Read 947 times)

Thanos1978

• Recruit
I have a question about drone controller systems
« on: 26 May 2019, 16:27:29 »
 Hi guys I’m new here, I have a question about drone controller systems. In the basic game you have mechs like the celebrity which has a drone controller system located in its torso. For game purposes I was wondering if I could just have a standard pilot in these mechs as they do possess cockpits

So in case of the celerity would I be able to run it with a standard pilot versus having to purchase a fury tank to actually run them

Obviously if there is a standard pilot in them it would follow the standard rules of having a normal pilot in them

I looked at tactical ops and it says crew of zero for drone controls but on the same token it also has a cockpit

So can I stuff a meat popsicle into my celerity I think that would be great any help on that would be nice

dgorsman

• Captain
Re: I have a question about drone controller systems
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2019, 16:39:43 »
The "cockpit" represents the drone controls, it's not an actual human usable one.  Keeps the record sheets and game mechanics in line with other units.

Nothing says you can't create a custom variant with a standard cockpit though.

And the first time reading that through,  I was wondering "Whats a furry tank, and why is it a drone controller? "  :D
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Thanos1978

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2019, 16:46:45 »
Lol It’s a goofy tank it really doesn’t have much on it but it is kind of useful because of all that’s equipment

I generally play a lot of comstar And I have a mess of their mechs

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2019, 16:53:09 »
it has a drone cockpit.. no room for a pilot but takes up the same space.

you need a controller to use a drone. that CX-17 Fury command tank is what the Celerity was originally meant to team up with by comstar, but there is also the old Hi-Scout, the Diggs Drone Control Tank, the Ajax Assault Tank D, or the Lament LMT-2D. all but the lament can control multiple drones at a time. (usually 4-6.)