Author Topic: MekWars Servers List  (Read 52804 times)

Torren_Starfallen

• Recruit
MekWars Servers List
« on: 27 January 2011, 12:14:18 »
Ok all mekwars server ops post you server info here!
« Last Edit: 19 January 2024, 21:12:09 by Hammer »
MegaMek, MekWars, MegaMekLab developer

MekWars
MegaMek
MegaMekLab

Tuco

• Private
  • MegaMekNET System Operator
    • Mekwars
Re: MekWars Servers List
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2011, 10:06:02 »
http://www.mekwars.org - Home of the MegaMekNET Server where it all began.

http://www.mekwars.org/forum - Public Forum for everything Mekwars and MegaMek including Support Forums and Server Operators Forum.

http://www.mekwars.org/mwtracker.html - Frequently updated list of available public Mekwars Servers

NOTE: The mekwars.org forum has MegaMek subforums as well but to get a forum account you should create a game account first.
« Last Edit: 30 January 2011, 04:16:16 by Tuco »
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

- Benjamin Franklin

Ladob

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2011, 08:26:06 »
The Shack, the server which goes through time.

MekWars campaign starting in 2500 (age of war) going all the way to the Jihad, in a fast paced manner (ca. 1 era per 4-6 weeks, restarting fully after about 6 months).

MOD NOTE
REMOVING DEAD LINKS
« Last Edit: 07 February 2021, 14:10:33 by Hammer »
Change, even for the worse

Hubris1987

« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2011, 01:57:00 »
I am not a member of the staff, simply a player.

I heartily recommend the Mekwars: Legends server.

MOD NOTE - REMOVING DEAD LINK

Dedicated staff, passionate community, round-the-clock population- if you want fun games MW:L is the place to go.
« Last Edit: 06 October 2020, 13:31:58 by Hammer »

Kobold

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 27 February 2012, 13:35:21 »
(Can a moderator delete the old posts by Kobold and Machiavelli?  This post contains the newest updated information)

MekWars Forever: New Cycle Launch

It is nearing the midway point of the thirty-first century.  The five great houses are at war, man-shaped monsters of steel stride the battlefield, like unto gods.  At the periphery, small states and pirate bands build their own forces, preparing to take advantage of the houses during the time of turmoil.  Though for hundreds of years technology has been regressing to the ravages of war, the recent discovery of the Helm Core has allowed technicians throughout the Inner Sphere to begin developing new weapons based on LosTech, to better crush their foes.

Meanwhile, far beyond the rim of known space, there is a small cluster of planets whose inhabitants are unknown to the inner sphere.  In orbit of the planet of Bone-Norman, the Explorer Corps jumpship Outbound Light prepares to leave known space...

February 13, 2012 - Live Cycle Re-Launch

MekWars Forever is dedicated to providing players with a Clan Invasion era server that can cater to both casual players and those with a serious interest in the ongoing campaign.  This cycle begins before the launch of Operation Revival.  The five houses war amongst themselves, unaware of the threat lurking beyond the rim.  Meanwhile, the Clan forces fight amongst themselves, preparing for their eventual glorious return to lead the inner sphere into a new golden age, even if it is at the business end of a PPC.  Players will take the role of one of ten factions, standing on the front lines of the thirty-first century.

In response to the feedback from players, as well as extensive discussion among the administration team, we've made a number of changes to the MekWars Forever campaign, some large, some small.

- Build tables have been completely revised.
- Many terrain types have been revised.
- Campaign begins prior to the clan invasion.
- Operations have been reduced to avoid confusion.
- Espionage Points have been revised
- Players will have an impact on how their faction develops over time

On behalf of the administration team and the returning players, I welcome you all back to the newest edition of MekWars Forever.  The battles continue...

--------------------------------
MOD NOTE - Removed Dead links

Feel free to visit our forums if you have any questions or comments.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2023, 13:43:33 by Hammer »

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: 29 February 2012, 00:00:33 »
Ok curious why do we need to download something for the client?  where does it go after download? 

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

BeeRockxs

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 29 February 2012, 17:40:15 »
Ok curious why do we need to download something for the client?  where does it go after download?
Extract it into a new folder, and run it using startClient.bat.
It comes with it's own MM version that should never be replaced manually.

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
MekWars: The Wars of Reaving
« Reply #7 on: 02 August 2012, 15:55:44 »
MOD NOTE - Removed Dead link
« Last Edit: 22 January 2023, 13:44:21 by Hammer »
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

Meatgrinder

« Reply #8 on: 16 October 2012, 06:19:26 »
Megameknet starts a new cycle!!

Come to where everything has started!
Play pure 3025 tech against the best in a tough environment!
Stand your ground for one of the five houses or the Periphery.
Push forward to conquer one of the homeworlds since some are in reach for some fractions.
See how much skill is really in you!

If you are tired about all this high end gageting come and play here:

http://www.mekwars.org/

See you at the battlefield

Meatgrinder

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
« Reply #9 on: 29 October 2013, 12:31:44 »
Sad no one seem to post their servers(campaigns) here anymore.

Would be good if this thread is deleted and replaced with a thread were the first post sums up the current and future campaigns and links to the appropriate post within that thread so the server(campaign) boss can post all details in that post.

I know the tracker shows the servers but only if the campaign is running, so one usually see that something new is up when it's already running instead of getting into it before the guns go live.

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 29 October 2013, 13:53:55 »

WWW.MEKWARS-DOMINION.COM

THE CAMPAIGN
MekWars: Dominion focuses on the empires, economies and famous battles fought in this pivotal age of BattleTech history. Players will take the role of one of history's famous units and develop their nation, hangars and pilots in an effort to gain control of the universe.

Playing in the Star League
Users familiar with the 3025 era will find many of the same units available during the 2750 time period. Many Mechs and Vehicles also carry advanced technologies that armies of the Succession Wars could only dream of and refer to as "LosTech". The armies of 2750 were highly advanced and production soared at a time of great excess.

• Play canon-inspired Unit Formations, bringing the most iconic Regiments to life.
• Direct-buy units from their respective factories. Each factory gives a slight chance at its upgraded, Star League version.
• Purchase from Bays at a 40% discount.
• Level your own pilots! RPG skills and skill levels may be purchased as you gain experience.

Age of Empire
The goal of Dominion: Carve out an empire amongst the stars! Faction Leaders have control over their country's economy, steering their military toward success or failure:

• Allocate important resources, changing factory weights and increasing/decreasing production of advanced designs.
• Purchase defense contracts from the Terran Hegemony to manufacture rare and valuable designs.
• Reinforce important worlds with SDS systems.

Rewrite History
Scenario-style games are an important part of the campaign. Re-playing some of history's most important battles, including the infamous Star League Civil War, War of Davion Succession and the Andurien Wars are an optional part of MekWars Dominion's play.
• Create custom designs for use with an RPG-style character.
• Play game-mastered scenarios of important, historical battles.
• Join the SLDF in their crusade to reconquer the Hegemony, or ally yourself with the Amaris Empire and form a new Star League.

We look forward to a successful campaign and having you with us this 1st cycle of MekWars Dominion!

MOD NOTE - Removed Dead Link
« Last Edit: 22 January 2023, 13:45:02 by Hammer »

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
« Reply #11 on: 29 October 2013, 14:33:41 »
Does the link "www.wars-of-reaving.net" belong there?

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 03 March 2014, 20:04:38 »

WWW.MEKWARS-DOMINION.COM

MARCH 15, 2014
THE CAMPAIGN
MekWars: Dominion focuses on the empires, economies and famous battles fought in this pivotal age of BattleTech history. Players will take the role of one of history's famous units and develop their nation, hangars and pilots in an effort to gain control of the universe.

Playing in the Star League
Users familiar with the 3025 era will find many of the same units available during the 2750 time period. Many Mechs and Vehicles also carry advanced technologies that armies of the Succession Wars could only dream of and refer to as "LosTech". The armies of 2750 were highly advanced and production soared at a time of great excess.

• Play canon-inspired Unit Formations, bringing the most iconic Regiments to life.
• Direct-buy units from their respective factories. Each factory gives a slight chance at its upgraded, Star League version.
• Purchase from Bays at a 40% discount.
• Level your own pilots! RPG skills and skill levels may be purchased as you gain experience.

Age of Empire
The goal of Dominion: Carve out an empire amongst the stars! Faction Leaders have control over their country's economy, steering their military toward success or failure:

• Allocate important resources, changing factory weights and increasing/decreasing production of advanced designs.
• Purchase defense contracts from the Terran Hegemony to manufacture rare and valuable designs.
• Reinforce important worlds with SDS systems.

Rewrite History
Scenario-style games are an important part of the campaign. Re-playing some of history's most important battles, including the infamous Star League Civil War, War of Davion Succession and the Andurien Wars are an optional part of MekWars Dominion's play.

• Create custom designs for use with an RPG-style character.
• Play game-mastered scenarios of important, historical battles.
• Join the SLDF in their crusade to reconquer the Hegemony, or ally yourself with the Amaris Empire and form a new Star League.

We look forward to a successful campaign and having you with us this 1st cycle of MekWars Dominion!

MOD NOTE - Removed Dead Link
« Last Edit: 22 January 2023, 13:45:48 by Hammer »

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 29 March 2015, 11:39:07 »
So although it seems there have not been many recent posts to the Mekwars thread, I thought it would be most appropriate to suggest an avenue to which you guys could make the Mekwars server grind a little more enticing from the strategic side...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdHYBhVzGSs

This seems to offer endless campaign options...

Mek
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

TigerShark

• Major
MekWars Dominion: Grand Cycle VI [May 16, 2015]
« Reply #14 on: 14 April 2015, 01:21:06 »

WWW.MEKWARS-DOMINION.COM

GRAND CYCLE VI

2765 Era Campaign

OVERVIEW
Behind the façade of trade and cooperation, man's eternal greed and lust  for power lays in wait. The Lords of the five Great Houses scheme and plot against one-another, creating shadowy feuds and conflicts which threaten to undermine mankind's Great Experiment: The Star League. Each member jockeys for position to become the driving force behind the League's might, blinding them to a greater evil being conjured from the darkness of the Periphery.

MEKWARS DOMINION allows players to participate in the most pivotal age of BattleTech history. Centered around the events of the 2760s, players work to strengthen their faction's position within the League, conquering land and experiencing the era's most iconic battles, including the Star League Civil War.

PLAYING IN THE STAR LEAGUE ERA
Users familiar with the 3025 era will find many of the same units available during the 2765 time period. Mechs and Vehicles carry advanced technologies which Succession Wars armies could only dream of. The armies of the Member States and Territories were highly advanced, with production soaring during a time of excess.

• Choose from among the seven available factions: Capellan Confederation, Draconis Combine, Federated Suns, Free Worlds League, Lyran Commonwealth, Rim Worlds Republic or the Territorial States.
• Play using canon-inspired Unit Formations, bringing the most iconic Regiments to life.
• Direct-buy units from their factories using Real Cost. Each factory gives a slight chance at its upgraded, Star League version!
• Level your own pilots! No automatic leveling here: RPG skills and piloting/gunnery increases may be purchased for your pilots as they gain XP.

NEW FEATURES
Between cycles, we had the opportunity to listen to player feedback and change the campaign. This should give us the most successful and populated cycle yet!

• Registration has been streamlined! Just download the client, register, defect to a Faction and start buying units for play!
• Aero-on-Ground games are now optional! You may request a "no Aero" game from your opponent. See rules for details.
• Aero units are much easier to play against, due to advanced rules which perfectly balance play.
• Infantry costs are much lower, making infantry Formations extremely deadly!

Download the Client and Join the Fight!

« Last Edit: 30 April 2015, 23:59:26 by TigerShark »

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
« Reply #15 on: 26 June 2018, 14:04:59 »
Is the tracker not up-to-date or are we really down to just 4 servers?

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #16 on: 26 June 2018, 14:25:34 »
Is the tracker not up-to-date or are we really down to just 4 servers?
Three, really. MMNet, Dominion, and Legends. The "Succession Wars" server isn't actively campaigning, I don't believe. I'd have to ask Gunslinger.
I am planning on a cycle reset soon, however.

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
« Reply #17 on: 14 August 2020, 20:22:29 »
A clean up would be nice, most of the above links are dead.

And can someone please update the sever links on the tracker?
MegaMekNET = Not Found
MekWars Starterra = Not Found

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #18 on: 14 August 2020, 23:39:43 »
I miss the Shack, and I miss Ladob. What a dude. :)
I know, man. Wonder what happened to that guy.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #19 on: 16 August 2020, 19:09:02 »
A clean up would be nice, most of the above links are dead.

And can someone please update the sever links on the tracker?
MegaMekNET = Not Found
MekWars Starterra = Not Found
I can clean things up, but would need a list of posts that have dead links and updated links.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #20 on: 16 August 2020, 19:19:08 »
I can clean things up, but would need a list of posts that have dead links and updated links.

CAMPAIGN RULES

MEKWARS DOMINION: SIMPLE CYCLE

MekWars: Dominion is a campaign set in the 2765 era, just prior to the Star League Civil War. You may choose from any of the major factions of the time: Capellan Confederation, Draconis Combine, Federated Suns, Free Worlds League, Lyran Commonwealth, Rim Worlds Republic, or the Territorial States.
  • You may nominate one commander per full Lance. A full Lance is (4) non-support 'Mechs or vehicles.
  • Commanders are either the most-skilled unit in your army or the highest BV. The player may choose.
  • You may bring one Support Unit per (4) non-support 'Mechs or vehicles.
  • Minimum BV for games is 4,000 BV.
  • Players may request a "no Aero" game. If they request this from you, you may request that they don't bring (1) type of support, in return.
  • All games are arranged. Players discuss a BV range they wish to play in (ex.: 6,000 - 8,000 BV) Both players use the "roll" command in Main Chanel (type "/roll"). The winner announces the target planet and BV. The defender then builds to the terrain (within +/- 150 BV of the attacker) on that planet and announces their BV. The attackers sends and AFR ("attack from reserve").
  • If you are attacking a planet where you hold 0%, it is customary to allow the defender to attack for your next game if they are the winner. This is not mandatory, but a courtesy.
SUPPORT TYPES
  • Aerospace Fighter
  • Artillery
  • Conventional Fighter
  • Light Infantry (2 Foot Platoons, or 1 Foot Platoon + APC)
  • Medium Infantry (1 Mechanized, Motorized, Tracked, Wheeled, Jump, or Hover Platoon)
  • Heavy Infantry (1 Field Gunner platoon)
  • VTOL
OPERATIONS RULES
  • If you are given free mines during deployment, they may be set to a 10-point strength each, maximum.
  • Each player is allowed (1) opportunity to remap (resetting the map from within the dedicated host). This is to avoid unplayable maps.

DOWNLOAD
 MWDominion-Client-0.3.7.3.zip
« Last Edit: 16 August 2020, 19:22:10 by TigerShark »

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
« Reply #21 on: 16 August 2020, 20:08:48 »
Thanks.

MOD NOTE:
Dead links removed.
« Last Edit: 06 October 2020, 13:35:03 by Hammer »

Ironboot

• Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: 08 October 2020, 16:44:19 »
Client for the 3nd Campaign is available for Mekwars Legends 2.0.  This is a Mekwars server set 3068.  WoB, Clans, IS, Pirates and Mercenaries.

This season I will let players have 1 account with Clans/IS and 1 account with Mercenary.  Once you have your Clan/IS all set, please PM me so we can set up your Mercenary account.  I need to place you in the Mercenary account manually so I can add 30 components to Light/Medium/Heavy/Assault to the Mercenary faction.  With players having two accounts they should in theory be able to play against any player.  For example, Everclear (this is my alt account) is playing Warden Clans.  Rabid Foxes, logs in playing Trinity Alliance.  Since Warden Clans and Trinity Alliance are to far apart from each other, one of us can log into their Mercenary account so they can play against each other.
If you have a account @ the forums you can find the client here....

MOD NOTE - Removed Dead Links
« Last Edit: 22 January 2023, 13:47:09 by Hammer »

Register