Author Topic: What determines opposing forces in AtB  (Read 7362 times)

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
Re: What determines opposing forces in AtB
« Reply #30 on: 29 September 2020, 22:00:11 »
It is potentially related to the other two, there are a aerospace.

As for how to handle the hydra... not at all. I've consifered how to do so as part of implementing noncombatant forces and... it isn't neat.
MegaMek Developer - MekHQ, Personnel, and Internal Focus
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Dr. Banzai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube.
« Reply #31 on: 30 September 2020, 06:56:41 »
This should be fixed in the latest dev release, and if that's not the case I need to know so I can take a second look.
This is still happening for me. When I Add Scenario and choose a template, then save and go back in, whenever I try changing the date, it gives me the error "You cannot choose a date beyond the current week", even if I'm just clicking on the calendar and choosing the same date.

I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube. That person is a hateful person that does not represent the spirit of Buckaroo Banzai nor its fandom.

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 30 September 2020, 09:33:56 »
This is still happening for me. When I Add Scenario and choose a template, then save and go back in, whenever I try changing the date, it gives me the error "You cannot choose a date beyond the current week", even if I'm just clicking on the calendar and choosing the same date.

I cannot recreate this on 0.47.10 nor latest dev, but this was a bug in 0.47.9. However, I did find a few other bugs relating to more recent changes, all of which I've fixed and will open a PR for.
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Dr. Banzai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: 30 September 2020, 21:57:01 »
I cannot recreate this on 0.47.10 nor latest dev, but this was a bug in 0.47.9. However, I did find a few other bugs relating to more recent changes, all of which I've fixed and will open a PR for.
Might it have something to do with the date formatting that just got updated? I had change my short format to dd-MMM-yy.

I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube. That person is a hateful person that does not represent the spirit of Buckaroo Banzai nor its fandom.

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 01 October 2020, 06:40:03 »
Might it have something to do with the date formatting that just got updated? I had change my short format to dd-MMM-yy.

Yes and no. Display Formats are for display only, but I did an underlying rewrite of all date related methods at the same time.

I personally run yyyy-MMM-dd, so... my testing is different than default (which is hardcoded to yyyy-MM-dd, and if that did not work almost all dates would not show up.

I do have an idea... how where you entering in the date on the date picker?
« Last Edit: 02 October 2020, 07:56:21 by Windchild »
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Padraig Tseng

• Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: 01 October 2020, 19:54:57 »
Yes and no. Display Formats are for display only, but I did an underlying rewrite of all date related methods at the same time.

I personally run dd-MMM-yyyy, so... my testing is different than default (which is hardcoded to dd-MM-yyy, and if that did not work almost all dates would not show up.

I had the same issue and was clicking a date on the calendar pop up.  FWIW it does the same thing if you type the date in manually too....
So the Ghost Bear says "Tell me the truth, you don't come here for the hunting, do you?"

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 01 October 2020, 22:46:44 »
I did an underlying fix relating to contract dates that might fix it for the next release, but I'm not sure.
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Dr. Banzai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 05 October 2020, 09:23:54 »

I personally run yyyy-MMM-dd, so... my testing is different than default (which is hardcoded to yyyy-MM-dd, and if that did not work almost all dates would not show up.

Somehow, I missed your response.

Just upgraded to 11 and I'm still getting the error, even on a completely new campaign. I'm just clicking on the date in the scenario, it opens up the date picker and I'm just clicking on any date (including the scenario's set generated date) and I'm getting the error. I've tried typing the date in as well, and tried changing into to the yyyy-MM-dd format, but still get the error. I've attached the Campaign file here, it uses my preset Campaign options. Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: 05 October 2020, 13:41:54 »
Figured out the cause, will have a fix for next release
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Dr. Banzai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: 05 October 2020, 14:00:28 »
Figured out the cause, will have a fix for next release
Thanks!

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 05 October 2020, 15:41:09 »
Thanks!
PR is now open, and thanks for the reports
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: 06 October 2020, 21:16:08 »
Dr. Banzai, until the next release a workaround is to not generate on Monday, as any other day will properly handle the time.

I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Honestly, this is a pretty funny bug for how I handled it on the backend because I specifically researched how to handle this situation and selected the (now obvious) wrong option.
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Dr. Banzai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #42 on: 07 October 2020, 08:33:28 »
No worries, I code for a living, and know how it goes. Thanks for the workaround!

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
« Reply #43 on: 10 October 2020, 00:51:53 »
Honestly, this is a pretty funny bug for how I handled it on the backend because I specifically researched how to handle this situation and selected the (now obvious) wrong option.

That reminds me of when I got a requirement (that was due before it was handed to me) to add two files of input into my code and also handle them.  I'm not saying it was hard at all, but I was rushing.  Now I wasn't dumb enough to do no file error handling, but when I put in a check to make sure I wasn't handled an empty file, I skipped the nice error handling (cause they promised me it wouldn't be empty) and just put down a cout of I don't have time for this shit, for the first one and, I don't have time for this other shit, on the second and skipped the empty file. 

I finished linking in the other code and my lead was excited to see if I had saved their butts, so they all gathered around my machine to see how the first test case went. 

I was horrified to find out I had reversed my greater than and less then signs and my error handling code was tripped on the non empty files, and all my coworkers watched my monitor spit out a pair of somewhat profane error messages, while I turned increasingly red. 

(authors note: a swap of the signs and a recompile led to a successful test and everyone forgot about the faux pas in the new hope of meeting the deliverable)