Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 237979 times)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
The Khanates are the galaxy like formation. So in theory each Aimag is a cluster. If you look at the organizational charts.

but, like I said, Sea Foxes have never been one to stand on tradition.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Alan Grant

• Captain
Hey, do we ever learn more about Jasmine (Yung)? Notable Diamond Shark personality from FM: WC.

Wondering if she pops up in any later references.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Not that I've seen in anything. They seem to think she is pretty important. But she doesn't seem involved in anything after the switch or before it. I could be wrong. But I never saw her mentioned other than in the notable personalities section.

Alan Grant

• Captain
At the time I saw it and thought they might be setting up a future Shark Khan or something. But in other books we've seen oddball warriors sometimes presented who had no lasting mention, like Darryl of the Paynes (Clan Fire Mandrill) who was just extremely lucky and notable for it. But I don't think we ever heard anything more about him.

So now it certainly feels like Jasmine was just another snapshot of a warrior persona, though it was cool to learn about how the Yung bloodname was shared by 3 Clans, it was a good canon example of the non-exclusive bloodnames.

But recently I had been thinking about that and started digging around trying to find any post-3060s references to a Jasmine Yung.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Find out what unit she's in.  Perhaps she commands the cluster during the Wars of Reaving or Jihad.  The fate of that unit might indicate what happened to her.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Beta Galaxy. Pearl Skate.

They've been sitting around holding Inner Sphere holdings forever. Except when Nykvarn exploded.

Tougher search when it comes to Clan Diamond Shark. You don't get to know what they were up to really.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
That's true.  I was figuring even without that it's still a shot in the dark, but it could lead to something, possibly.  Research in BT is serious business, as we know.

Another of those mysteries, regardless.  The kind that could lead to story time for anyone.
« Last Edit: 11 December 2014, 20:15:08 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Another of those mysteries, regardless.  The kind that could lead to story time for anyone.

Mannnnn I just want to hear more 'bout dem Chainelanes.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

wellspring

• Lieutenant
Beta Galaxy. Pearl Skate.

They've been sitting around holding Inner Sphere holdings forever. Except when Nykvarn exploded.

Tougher search when it comes to Clan Diamond Shark. You don't get to know what they were up to really.

Maybe she just topped out. Especially in the Sea Fox era, it's easy for a superlative warrior's career to plateau because their administrative ability is lacking.

I'm honestly happy to see it when the obligatory Young Ristar Personality never goes anywhere. If they're always foreshadowing, then it stops being interesting. And it fits the clan MO that you have ristars who are the Next Big Thing after a few good early trials and then suffer the rookie curse (aka regression to the mean) and never go anywhere from there. And then every once in a while a rookie gets an entry and turns into a pivotal character, and you can be like "we saw him here first when he was a newbie!"

Many literary tricks are awesome when used sparingly, boring when used too often, and positively cliche when overused.

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Do any of the Shark/ Foxes out there know if there is a gif of the Sea Fox logo that was on the sail on the ship in Invading Clans?

Nav_Alpha

• Major
Going out on a limb here... But there was a Diamond Shark fighting in the Solaris arenas in the lead up to the FedCom Civil War named Jasmine. Can't remember if she had a Bloodname though.
Could that be here?
She gets a mention in Illusions of Victory and maybe the Solaris source book.

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Strange. I've never heard of her. I think there was a Jasmine mentioned in the field manual warden clans. I'll have to read into it.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
Going out on a limb here... But there was a Diamond Shark fighting in the Solaris arenas in the lead up to the FedCom Civil War named Jasmine. Can't remember if she had a Bloodname though.

Jasmine Kalasa, a CDS trueborn fighting for Lion City Stables.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
Jasmine Kalasa, a CDS trueborn fighting for Lion City Stables.

There you go! Different Jasmine. But I knew there was one fighting in the arenas

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Bumping this with the new stuff we've gotten in NTNU of TRO:3150.

We're selling a hot-running Goshawk that uses an XXL, helping start up a Clan-spec Caesar line in Davion space(with Hardened Armor, Talons, TSM, and Clan weapons), building new IS and Clan-spec Shoguns for the 'Goons and other mercs (with the Clan version using Ferro-Lam), selling Clan-spec Gotterdammerung upgrade kits (that uses, once again, Ferro-Lam), and we're tinkering around with an new version of the Cave Lion to sell now that we're the only holders of the production rights left alive.

And yet, even with these commercial successes, I can't help but feel like soon I'll have to split these sort of lists by Khanate - if even they remain. The money might be rolling in, but each Khanate is becoming more and more interlinked with their territory's host nation(s).

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
*pssst* you forgot to read the NL-45
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Oh. And we have confirmation that we have access to NL-45s, although the Ravens are still the ones who are selling them (from what I can see).

Maelwys

• Major
I find the Shogun pretty sad really. Over 3300 `Mechs, and yet CGL sees the need to bring it back into production? Really? Does it really serve any purpose that another design wouldn't?

And at the request of the Dragoons?

"Oh sure, you're not Clans, you're mercenaries, shell-shocked, reduced to a few companies worth of troops, but yeah. Sure. We'll dedicate production lines to you. You can pay right? Oh. You lost pretty much everything? Don't really have a way to generate income? Living at the forbearance of others and might not be around soon? Sure! No problem! Clantech Assaults are cheap!"

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
I find the Shogun pretty sad really. Over 3300 `Mechs, and yet CGL sees the need to bring it back into production? Really? Does it really serve any purpose that another design wouldn't?

I'm guessing that it has something to do with the Shogun appearing in one of the new Lance Packs more than anything.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
I'm guessing that it has something to do with the Shogun appearing in one of the new Lance Packs more than anything.

Bingo.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel

"Oh sure, you're not Clans, you're mercenaries, shell-shocked, reduced to a few companies worth of troops, but yeah. Sure. We'll dedicate production lines to you. You can pay right? Oh. You lost pretty much everything? Don't really have a way to generate income? Living at the forbearance of others and might not be around soon? Sure! No problem! Clantech Assaults are cheap!"

And they are selling Shogun to mercenaries in general, not just Wolf's Dragoons.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

snewsom2997

• Captain

The Dragoons got that nice DCMS contract to invade the FedSuns, with multiple Dragoon regiments, plus all the FedSuns salvage to part out and sell, money ain't their problem. At this point short of massive civilian atrocities, or trying to steal from the Foxes themselves, their company store is open for all.

Archangel

• Major

Well the Dark Age Dragoons are doing more than their fair share of Davion buttkicking in the Draconis March so I wouldn't dismiss them so readily.  Although of all the possible Dragoon designs to restart production, the Shogun isn't the first design that comes to mind.

Quite possible.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Maelwys

• Major

Oh well. That explains that I guess. Sort of a silly design to put in the lance packs considering its rarity, but atleast it isn't random Dragoon fanboyism :)

And they are selling Shogun to mercenaries in general, not just Wolf's Dragoons.

Maybe selling to mercs, but it was at the request of the Dragoons.

The Dragoons got that nice DCMS contract to invade the FedSuns, with multiple Dragoon regiments, plus all the FedSuns salvage to part out and sell, money ain't their problem. At this point short of massive civilian atrocities, or trying to steal from the Foxes themselves, their company store is open for all.

The fluff says it was done "Shortly after the Jihad." So all that doesn't really matter. Oh well. OOC reasons for its existence. Meh :)

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
I like the Shogun, so I support the Sea Foxes making new ones.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Unlike the 3050 monster, I assume it has DHS?  IS, Clan or mixed?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Maelwys

• Major
It talks about resurrecting the Clan version, but also mentions an IS version with CASE II, and a Clan version with FL armor.

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
Does anyone know what the name of the production facility is on the Skate Khanate's Potemkin-class ArcShip CSF Atlantean? If so...where can I find the info? I'm in need for a Fan TRO some of us are working on in my forums.

Thank you!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Dreyf

• Sergeant
I am pretty sure the name of the facility and what it produces has not been mentioned yet.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
I am pretty sure the name of the facility and what it produces has not been mentioned yet.

In that case, it produces Hellstars, Black Pythons, Dire Wolves, Vapor Eagles, Stormcrows, and Timber Wolves.  Did I miss anything?   ;D
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Register