Author Topic: Models for 3d printing.  (Read 2941 times)

whiteshadowzo

• Master Sergeant
  • I was raised by a cup of coffee
Models for 3d printing.
« on: 20 July 2019, 21:31:08 »
Posting google drive link to a 3D building I created. You can read the subfolder description to see how I printed it. Obviously, YMMV. I only just finished the top section and have yet to print it but there should be 0% chance of it not fitting with the others. I only altered the roof edge. Hope you enjoy it. If someone wants to throw some paint on it and show me I'd love to see it. I also plan on creating a roof plate with details like roof access and hvac systems than can be easily removed when needed. Add'l buildings will be added in the future.

Created in FreeCAD and printed on a Dremel 3D45. These are only the .stl files. The CAD files are just a mess really and not worth much to anyone I'd imagine.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DlOa5zhDvfgmV8dCb7OeZdlZlolKqgfW

EDIT 07/20/19 2303hrs: Just uploaded Building B. The above link should allow for viewing and download.
« Last Edit: 20 July 2019, 22:03:58 by whiteshadowzo »
it's a bit comforting knowing that to fire we're a same color- flammable. ~Orin J.

pascal

• Corporal
Re: Models for 3d printing.
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2019, 08:02:27 »
Those look cool. It would be supercool if you could add photos of a basic paint job (paint+wash+drybrush?) at some point. The dark/shiny plastic probably doesn't do them justice :)

Also, maybe consider uploading them to Thingiverse? Don't forget to tag them with "battletech" and "6mm"

whiteshadowzo

• Master Sergeant
  • I was raised by a cup of coffee
Re: Models for 3d printing.
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2019, 22:12:58 »
Thank you for the comment. Yes I'm sure they would look much better painted and I might like to do so in the future. The plastic is very shiny and the camera does have a trouble with it but I think the white filament I'm now using looks better on film.

Just added files for Building C to the drive with a warehouse to come once I test print.

And I'll certainly have to look into creating a Thingiverse account. Thank you for the kind words, again.

« Last Edit: 23 July 2019, 22:21:16 by whiteshadowzo »
it's a bit comforting knowing that to fire we're a same color- flammable. ~Orin J.

Register