Author Topic: Customizable 3D Printable Building #2  (Read 3212 times)

pascal

• Corporal
Customizable 3D Printable Building #2
« on: 03 August 2019, 12:29:04 »
So I just tried my hand at designing a basic 6mm building from scratch using OpenSCAD (which is amazing btw) and this is the result:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3786199

It includes a sample building in standard STL format ready to be sliced. But you can generate custom versions using "Open in Customizer" (in the right sidebar on Thingiverse).

Since I'm still on the fence about getting my own 3D printer, the design has not yet been print tested, so your milage may vary.

If you do happen to try to print it, please do report back if it printed fine for you, and please consider posting photos of the resulting 3D print.
« Last Edit: 04 August 2019, 08:57:38 by pascal »

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Customizable 3D Printable Building #2
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2019, 15:31:55 »
Very cool! I also like your Hong Kong housing. How long do they take to print?

One of my staff has a 3D printer, so I've heard him going through the learning curve. If I did that, I'd not have time to paint minis :( Unfortunately I can't order him to use work-time to print things for me ...
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

pascal

• Corporal
Re: Customizable 3D Printable Building #2
« Reply #2 on: 04 August 2019, 05:37:00 »
It heavily depends on a boatload of factors, but probably somewhere in the 8-16 hours range.

BTW, I updated the OpenSCAD file, with more detail and configurability added. I replaced the example STL with two new ones as well.
« Last Edit: 04 August 2019, 08:57:22 by pascal »