Author Topic: TRO 3145--Federated Suns  (Read 186231 times)

MarauderD

• Major
TRO 3145--Federated Suns
« on: 26 May 2013, 13:34:02 »
Since we were so lucky to get the 3145 DC one week after the Capellan TRO, I figured it might be time to start thinking about the next in the series. What are you all expecting/hoping to find?

Myself, after all the great toys the CCAF and DCMS received, I'm just hoping the FedSuns can compete!  Also an Omni-Valkyrie and Enforcer might be nice.  ;p

Cheers,
MarauderD

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: TRO 3145--Federated Suns
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2013, 13:39:07 »
Complete (or almost complete) rearment with the ClanTech.  ;)

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2013, 13:42:12 »
the son of the suns in me, isn't going to say no to that in the slightest.

I'm not sure what to expect, though. Something to replace the legionnaire would be nice. I'm curious about the hinted at Atlas III (though I never felt like the Fed Suns were prolific atlas users) and Templar III (I really wouldn't mind seeing a Clan XL equipped templar. it would fix so much about that mech.)

What I'm really looking forward to, though, is the data we can infer from the TRO, about the state of the suns.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

caioaf

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2013, 13:53:26 »
I would be happy with a 50-65 quad mech.
see a preview of the cover art wouldn't hurt too  8)

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2013, 14:04:28 »
I'm curious about the hinted at Atlas III (though I never felt like the Fed Suns were prolific atlas users)

That's the smallest problem.

Look at the BL-12-KNT Black Knight or the GLT-8D Guillotine. One day they knew those 'Mechs only from picture books. Bang! The next day the have started production of their most advanced variants.

Fallen_Raven

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2013, 14:11:39 »
As long as I get something equipped with more dakka than any sane person would ever want I'm happy. And I mean dakka, not Gauss weapons, not PPCs, and not MMLs, but good old fashioned high explosive propelled rapid fire chunks of metal filled with more high explosives!  [drool]

I'd also like to have a few more solid medium weight units. There hasn't been many medium 'mechs (or tanks) that have wowed me for the Fed Suns in a while.
Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2013, 14:18:17 »
In addition to the mentioned Atlas III & Templar III, we have at least:
- Hanse MBT
- Sortek Hovercraft
- Hasek tank
- Cutlass ASF

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2013, 15:16:52 »
I want a heavy omnimech, something well armored and powerful. Ever since I heard about the possible omni Argus and Thanatos I have really wanted some kind of heavy omni for the Suns. An omni medium would be nice definitely but with the DC already getting two medium Omni's I want the FS to have something different.

Also, I think the Templar III will probably be an omnimech as well or at least I hope so. Of course, does anyone know what the Templar II was?
Made by HikageMaru

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2013, 15:47:38 »
Hanse MBT? First I've heard of that. What I would like to see is a Pocket Warship that practically verges on a true warship, and some new snazzy Battle Armor for the troops. Seems we keep getting *Blank* Carriers, so maybe we will see some kind of new multi_Autocannon Carrier for the FedSuns armor forces, something along the lines of a Onto's but with RAC's.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Adridos

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2013, 15:49:16 »
Of course, does anyone know what the Templar II was?

Same deal as the Enforcer, someone got the brilliant idea to skip numbers to make it appear more advanced.  ;)

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2013, 15:55:35 »
Hanse MBT? First I've heard of that.

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 26 May 2013, 16:06:30 »
Same deal as the Enforcer, someone got the brilliant idea to skip numbers to make it appear more advanced.  ;)

Haha.  :P Maybe they made a non-omni Templar which is the II and then made a new omni version which is the III? Seems odd but I don't know really.

Huh, nice mini for the Hanse....looks like a real beast. Lets hope the stats turn out to be good.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2013, 16:08:58 by FedSunsBorn »
Made by HikageMaru

A. Lurker

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 26 May 2013, 16:09:40 »
Seems we keep getting *Blank* Carriers, so maybe we will see some kind of new multi_Autocannon Carrier for the FedSuns armor forces, something along the lines of a Onto's but with RAC's.

Quikscell representative: "A RAC/5 carrier? Fabulous idea, your Highness! Yes, we'll have just what you need ready if you come back in a couple of days...say, while I'm at it, could I also interest you in some unattached LRM 20 launchers that I've only just discovered we should have in stock by then?"

;)

verybad

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 26 May 2013, 16:18:04 »
I must admit that I just don't like the Fed Suns terribly much due to their "smug-run" during the Hanse era where they simply could do no wrong and were white-knights etc. However I think they should get some good toys.

They should get a slower bigger version of the RACs for one (e.g. RAC-10 that can fire up to 4 rounds but with greater chances of jamming on lower rounds fired. Or perhaps figure out how to fire LBX rounds in normal ACs so the LBX ACs can be combined with normal ACs (because they're really not much more than an ammo type right?)

In terms of mechs they should get. I could see an Omni Enforcer as making sense (with two initial configs just switching the AC and Large Laser from either arms :) ) An Omni Valkyrie with more variants would be a huge plus for them also some stuff that helps their mixed forces doctrine. Perhaps an interesting support Omni designed to provide BA carrying, artillery, engineering, mine laying/destroying and even cargo carrying. A mech that can engage in combat, but is intended more for support of combat operations in rough (mech and infantry only) terrain.
Let Miley lick the hammers!

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 26 May 2013, 17:08:45 »
Quikscell representative: "A RAC/5 carrier? Fabulous idea, your Highness! Yes, we'll have just what you need ready if you come back in a couple of days...say, while I'm at it, could I also interest you in some unattached LRM 20 launchers that I've only just discovered we should have in stock by then?"

;)
3 RAC-5's with only 4 tons of ammo? I think I'll pass.

I expect tanks, lots of tanks. Remember that the armor forces have received a big shot of prestige in the AFFS recently

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #15 on: 26 May 2013, 17:39:28 »
3 RAC-5's with only 4 tons of ammo? I think I'll pass.

I expect tanks, lots of tanks. Remember that the armor forces have received a big shot of prestige in the AFFS recently

why not RAC-2's?

dayanx

• Master Sergeant
    • sarna.net news  blog
« Reply #16 on: 26 May 2013, 17:50:02 »

I don't know about advanced, but having a vestigial hand coming out the ELBOW of a weapon arm doesn't seem terribly advanced to me. At least advanced isn't the word I'd use for that mini.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 26 May 2013, 17:53:28 »
I want a heavy omnimech, something well armored and powerful. Ever since I heard about the possible omni Argus and Thanatos I have really wanted some kind of heavy omni for the Suns. An omni medium would be nice definitely but with the DC already getting two medium Omni's I want the FS to have something different.

Well, in a perfect world it would be a reseen Marauder Omni with endo steel and lots of ppc/autocannon configs. Probably not in the cards, but I would love it!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #18 on: 26 May 2013, 18:23:01 »
Remember the bit about the Ontos? Imagine eight RAC-5's or RAC-10's on a tank. Now imagine everytime it fires. Now watch as Bugs Bunny dies. That's what I was thinking of.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #19 on: 26 May 2013, 18:37:58 »
I don't know about advanced, but having a vestigial hand coming out the ELBOW of a weapon arm doesn't seem terribly advanced to me. At least advanced isn't the word I'd use for that mini.

That is just the skin found on the elbow. Not a hand at all. ;)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 26 May 2013, 18:39:05 »
Its a Dew Claw!  :D

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 26 May 2013, 18:58:22 »
why not RAC-2's?
Not enough damage really, but lots of tonnage to devote to ammo or armor (Which is badly needed), that said it might not have been as bad as I thought, the proposed RAC-5 carrier has enough ammo for almost 6 full turns of fire at the preferred rate, 5 rounds

Aldous

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 26 May 2013, 20:02:18 »
Basic Davion Technology:

Autocannons
Autocannon Ammunition
Targeting Computers
Stealth Battle Armor
Pure Energy Mechs
« Last Edit: 26 May 2013, 20:13:00 by Aldous »

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #23 on: 26 May 2013, 20:06:24 »
Could the Pendragon be the 'Templar II', thus allowing the jump to the III?
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

WarGod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 26 May 2013, 23:15:00 »
Have not been impressed so far to be honest.  The Hound was cool, the Cappie victor clone was cool, even the cappie heavy was cool.   DCMS the shiro I think waste alot of payload on the LB-X2.  I did like the P-hawk variant though.
Then again all this new stuff kinda has me at a lost on what to use it for.
My wish list:
A up dated Victor would be awesome.  Hardened armor with either a rotatory, or LBX-20 would be vary davion. 
A enforcer rotary varient, with a TC.
Some New mech to replace the enforcer.
Cool centurion variant, but then again there are already so many.
A better version of the Shadow hawk D, featuring Armor.

A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested
You're falling through the air in a Grenadier. Style went out the window long before you did.

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: 26 May 2013, 23:24:28 »
I can't be sure but according to ER 3145 FS RAT the AFFS also gets:
PAB 28 Battle armor
Sea Fox ??  Battle armor (It doesn't sound Davion but it's only on the FS RAT)
Fusilier Battle armor
RDL-01C Rondel 55 ton aerospace fighter

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #26 on: 27 May 2013, 01:46:10 »

A enforcer rotary varient, with a TC.

TCs and RACs don't play well together.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #27 on: 27 May 2013, 01:55:53 »
They still get the -1 TH, they just don't get the aim-shot ability.

Seeing as how I never USE the aim-shot ability, this sits fine with me. I always figured we didn't see an Enforcer RAC variant because it'd be too close to the centurion with a RAC
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #28 on: 27 May 2013, 02:02:14 »
I can't be sure but according to ER 3145 FS RAT the AFFS also gets:
PAB 28 Battle armor
Sea Fox ??  Battle armor (It doesn't sound Davion but it's only on the FS RAT)
Fusilier Battle armor
RDL-01C Rondel 55 ton aerospace fighter

The RATs, hmm, it seems that there is also:
- Zibler 55 ton combat vehicle
- Marten 15 ton VTOL (yes, I know it was in TRO:3026r, but it vanished after that, so it is nice to see it back)
I do not think that Hadur CV, that shows up in the RAT, is a FS design. The JES III is a maybe, but more probable a RotS vehicle.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 27 May 2013, 02:11:53 »
They still get the -1 TH, they just don't get the aim-shot ability.

Seeing as how I never USE the aim-shot ability, this sits fine with me. I always figured we didn't see an Enforcer RAC variant because it'd be too close to the centurion with a RAC
Nope, if your firing multiple shots you can't use the TC, just like an Ultra firing two, AES works however