Author Topic: Canopian Catgirls  (Read 35828 times)

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
Canopian Catgirls
« on: 31 December 2011, 16:14:18 »
I would like to start a topic about a subject which may have been addressed by other people already:

Specifically, I would like to know about Canopian catgirls.

I've known since the 1990s that there are various manga and animé featuring catgirls, but I also have seen certain people put catgirls in their avatars here at BG.BattleTech.com (and before that on ClassicBattleTech.com)...

How did the association between the Magistracy of Canopus and the catgirls get started?

Are there catgirls native to Canopus IV?!  ["But I thought that the BattleTech universe didn't have sentient aliens..."]

Please respond at your next convenience.
Federated Commonwealth -- One more MechAssault if you want to be free!

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
Re: Canopian Catgirls
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2011, 16:30:17 »
I believe they are fanon and are genetically modified mutants that die every time some one starts comparing reality to the rules of battletech...ooops, i think one just died.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2011, 16:40:36 »
The MoC has been known to genetically modify people. I believe mermaids have been mentioned in canon, and I've heard centaurs mentioned, but I do not know if they are actually  in any books. Catgirls, being a popular image amongst anime fans. A number of whom can be found around the forums, have been ported over for humor, though I would not in fact be surprised to find out their popularity is such that they exist in the MoC.
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2011, 16:55:02 »
Canopus prides itself on taking care of its customers, any and all customers. Those horrible, horrible deranged customers...
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Grim_Reaper

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 31 December 2011, 18:29:23 »
why Canopian Catgirls? who else is going to serve in the 'cat houses'? ;D
Its where tourist go when they need to 'Scratch an Itch' ;)

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #5 on: 31 December 2011, 18:42:42 »
This is why I love canopians ;).
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #6 on: 31 December 2011, 19:43:00 »
Just don't bring up that P-word. Kills em every time. And in a horrible, terrible way.
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

Arvanna

• Warrant Officer
  • Bayonets foreward Boys...CHARGE!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: 31 December 2011, 22:48:40 »
"Aye...I recall one time some fool professor, she brought her physics class to a Canopian Pleasure Circus ta see the Nekos on Ice show." whole body shudder at the horror of the memory "No one should ever see the likes of that...ever."

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #8 on: 01 January 2012, 01:35:38 »
The MoC has been known to genetically modify people. I believe mermaids have been mentioned in canon, and I've heard centaurs mentioned, but I do not know if they are actually  in any books.
Mermaids are mentioned in original The Periphery sourcebook (3025 era), page 40:
Over at Mercedes Falls, you can find mermaids - real, live, biologically engineered half-Human/half-fish people.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
« Reply #9 on: 01 January 2012, 06:00:19 »
@Matti:  Thank you for bringing that up, about the mermaids.  Just another reason I'll have to get the 3025 version of The Periphery...

@Grim_Reaper:  Leftenant Nugent says he has the "Cat Scratch Fever"! ::)
Federated Commonwealth -- One more MechAssault if you want to be free!

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 01 January 2012, 06:26:39 »
If you have read Interstellar Players, you would have the section on the Genecaste. This section deals with gene manipulation to design 'human mutants' that would perform specific task in specialized or some such nonsense.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Grim_Reaper

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 01 January 2012, 09:18:19 »

@Grim_Reaper:  Leftenant Nugent says he has the "Cat Scratch Fever"! ::)
the MoC National Anthem?

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 01 January 2012, 12:05:24 »
the MoC National Anthem?

I thought that was Wango Tango?

Grim_Reaper

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 01 January 2012, 16:36:14 »
I thought that was Wango Tango?
no that's their battlecry

Grantwhy

• Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: 02 January 2012, 05:34:47 »
the MoC National Anthem?

I thought that would be the "Manah Manah" song? [YouTube link]

Hey! If before the Muppets it was used in on the Benny Hill show and before that was specifically written for the sound track of on a Swedish film that I suspect is the kind of movie some people think about when "Canopian Movie Industry" is mentioned? (and linking to or naming would breach Rule 1)

however, I did find a New Zealand based website where someone had done a bit of research on the song and the man who wrote it, Piero Umiliani.
http://www.dubasylum.co.nz/umiliani/pieroumiliani.html

back on topic: put me down on the side that would be surprised if there weren't some actual Canopian Cat Girls out there, somewhere (cosmetic modifications at the minimum) and I'd be delighted  :D if some of the Ebon Magistrate had Cat Girl modifications  O0
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness.

Don't fight rabbits if you taste like lettuce.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #15 on: 02 January 2012, 06:36:49 »
Frankly it's a couple scalp prosthetics that surgically attach via lightweight medical myomers to the existing muscle structure around the ear.  Add in some hair transplant surgery and you're done; instant flickable ears that with training and fine myomer control could even express various subtle emotions.  For tails, that might be a bit more functionally difficult just due to length and mass-vs-connecting-surface but again a proper segmented core anchored off the coccyx with a basic myomer controller attached to the lower back muscles should handle it.  Of course, you'll have to alter your entire wardrobe for that, or just wear skirts, but hey.

Actually making the ears work as sensory organs on a biological level is effectively impossible; you'd have to open the skull and extract part of the primary motor cortex to allow room for a proper ear canal.  Not quite such a good idea.  If you don't mind going mildly cybernetic then simple level-adjusting microphones buried in the inner ear fur (which doubles as noise-cancelling material!) could run to a cochlear implant to augment your own hearing; think of it as a robust hearing aid in your new cat ears.

Science making catgirls work?  I'VE BROKEN THE INTERNET!
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Coyote_808

• Master Sergeant
  • 101st Reserve Battle Cluster, Zeta Galaxy, CCy
« Reply #16 on: 02 January 2012, 07:14:47 »
Frankly it's a couple scalp prosthetics that surgically attach via lightweight medical myomers to the existing muscle structure around the ear.  Add in some hair transplant surgery and you're done; instant flickable ears that with training and fine myomer control could even express various subtle emotions.  For tails, that might be a bit more functionally difficult just due to length and mass-vs-connecting-surface but again a proper segmented core anchored off the coccyx with a basic myomer controller attached to the lower back muscles should handle it.  Of course, you'll have to alter your entire wardrobe for that, or just wear skirts, but hey.

Actually making the ears work as sensory organs on a biological level is effectively impossible; you'd have to open the skull and extract part of the primary motor cortex to allow room for a proper ear canal.  Not quite such a good idea.  If you don't mind going mildly cybernetic then simple level-adjusting microphones buried in the inner ear fur (which doubles as noise-cancelling material!) could run to a cochlear implant to augment your own hearing; think of it as a robust hearing aid in your new cat ears.

Yet first, we'd need myomers.  Most other technology basically exists with current medical technology...

We are just watching the younger generation Warriors plan.  It gives the older ones of the Clan
time to pause and reflect on the future.  Well, that and I think we ran out of food in the Den... - Blackhorse 6

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 02 January 2012, 09:22:58 »

[soapbox] Do you know how many catgirls you just killed?!?  With power comes responsibility!  Remember that!  [soapbox]

(Actually, that was a very good idea.  Kudos. O0 )

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #18 on: 02 January 2012, 12:03:02 »

You have put WAYYYYYYYYYY too much thought into this lol.

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #19 on: 02 January 2012, 12:14:17 »
to ANS Kamas P81  [applause]
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 02 January 2012, 13:55:03 »
Yet first, we'd need myomers.  Most other technology basically exists with current medical technology...
Ah, but you speak of today's technology.  And for the record, look up the research into electroactive polymers; we have the genesis of myomers now.  He was asking about CANOPIAN catgirls, in which case it's quite available.  MIM counter-Blakist special operations force Felis Domini.  Have I considered doing this for a character?  Why yes, yes I have.  What a shame I don't have anywhere to play.
Do you know how many catgirls you just killed?!?  With power comes responsibility!  Remember that!
And thus lies the internet-destroying paradox.  I have created the catgirl by destroying the catgirl!  I HAVE DIVIDED BY NEKO!

Hersh67

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: 02 January 2012, 14:19:15 »
And thus lies the internet-destroying paradox.  I have created the catgirl by destroying the catgirl!  I HAVE DIVIDED BY NEKO!

Between this and your previous post, you almost owed my sister an new monitor and keyboard.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #22 on: 02 January 2012, 14:22:52 »
Ah, but you speak of today's technology.  And for the record, look up the research into electroactive polymers; we have the genesis of myomers now.  He was asking about CANOPIAN catgirls, in which case it's quite available.  MIM counter-Blakist special operations force Felis Domini.  Have I considered doing this for a character?  Why yes, yes I have.  What a shame I don't have anywhere to play.And thus lies the internet-destroying paradox.  I have created the catgirl by destroying the catgirl!  I HAVE DIVIDED BY NEKO!

I feel it is my duty to point you towards the Solaris 7 roleplaying board which should be starting again in the next few days. I would love to see a Canopian Catgirl PC.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #23 on: 02 January 2012, 16:46:55 »
Considering the easy cosmetic modifications (relatively) it would need, I wouldnt be suprised if there's quite a few out there in the pleasure circuses or in Luthien's seedier districts.

If you skip the organics and just go with myomer or other similar items, it'd be even easier.
Could even get working ears that way, if it's just an audio receptor piped into your real ears.

Taurevanime

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: 02 January 2012, 18:09:02 »
Don't forget you will want to remove the real ears to help along the illusion. Just not any of the important functional parts of the ear though.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #25 on: 02 January 2012, 19:04:13 »
Don't forget you will want to remove the real ears to help along the illusion. Just not any of the important functional parts of the ear though.
Or just arrange the hair right to cover the ears; that's not hard at all.  Besides, quadrophonic sound!

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #26 on: 02 January 2012, 21:28:56 »
Felis Domini. The Cats of God. Now that is my kind of spec ops unit.

— From a post on rpg.net

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #27 on: 03 January 2012, 01:33:39 »
Feline Worlds League
Draconis Catbine
Felinated Suns
Lyran Cat-Wealth
Capellan Cat-Federation

It'd be GLORIOUS I tell you. GLORIOUS.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #28 on: 03 January 2012, 02:30:45 »
Felis Domini. The Cats of God. Now that is my kind of spec ops unit.

Actually, I think that's more along the lines of Herb's kind of Spec Ops Unit.  ;D

Of course, they also use briefcase nukes on certain missions.  :o
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Taurevanime

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: 03 January 2012, 02:41:01 »
Or just arrange the hair right to cover the ears; that's not hard at all.  Besides, quadrophonic sound!
But what if you want your catgirl to wear her hair up rather than down? Or have short hair or a mohawk O:-)

I am thinking of the possibilities of hairstyle and fashion here.