Author Topic: Resin Overlord - IS Version?  (Read 23669 times)

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
Re: Resin Overlord - IS Version?
« Reply #60 on: 27 July 2012, 07:25:14 »
OK..so: if I want an Overlord, I have to storm the IWM booth instead of the CGL booth?
You can try, but you are not going to find any. As of now the only map scale drop ships at gen con will be the two I mentioned above. The new supplier has not begun production yet.

And if you do something goofy like take prisoners and start demanding things, to the point where it impedes mini sales, some Con Goers might jump ya' and give you a butt whippin' ! 

Not ME of course.  I'm talking about people that can actually Fight.  :D    But I'll be cheering them on!  [watch]

;D

Please refrain from storming the IWM Booth until late Thursday afternoon, or early evening.  O0
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #61 on: 27 July 2012, 10:33:37 »
If your buying things, I don't think IWM will mind if you storm there booth.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #62 on: 27 July 2012, 13:26:04 »
If your buying things, I don't think IWM will mind if you storm there booth.

Usually though, the act of "storming" a structure involves taking over and generally disrupting "Business As Usual".   Thus, the Act of Storming the IWM Booth at Gen Con is NOT a Good Thing.   #P   If necessary, Darth Vader, Boba Fett and a number of Stormtroopers may be called in to re-take the booth.  >:D   Maybe even Darth Maul and Jango Fett, should they be available.
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #63 on: 27 July 2012, 14:06:29 »

Usually though, the act of "storming" a structure involves taking over and generally disrupting "Business As Usual".   Thus, the Act of Storming the IWM Booth at Gen Con is NOT a Good Thing.   #P   If necessary, Darth Vader, Boba Fett and a number of Stormtroopers may be called in to re-take the booth.  >:D   Maybe even Darth Maul and Jango Fett, should they be available.

Hey! last two GenCons I went to, my friends and I stormed the CGL booth! Didn't disrupt anything, but trying to get the stuff we were looking for before it vanished from other people getting to it first? That was a lulu! Thankfully, unlike 2009, last year they brought PLENTY of Wars of Reaving and Runner's Black Book(verses the handfuls of Eclipse Phase, the 25th Anniversary artbook, and Strat Ops, which all sold out fairly quickly in 2009)
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

John_Hawk

• Sergeant
« Reply #64 on: 15 October 2012, 18:47:50 »
Speck,

Can you give us an update on the Overlord and Union?  Is there any chance that some might be available in time for the Christmas season?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #65 on: 19 October 2012, 10:18:44 »
Speck,

Can you give us an update on the Overlord and Union?  Is there any chance that some might be available in time for the Christmas season?

I will inquire about it.

jrvk777

• Sergeant
« Reply #66 on: 12 December 2012, 22:46:00 »
Could we kindly get an update on whether IWM is still planning on releasing new resin dropships? Thank you.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #67 on: 14 December 2012, 06:42:29 »
Could we kindly get an update on whether IWM is still planning on releasing new resin dropships? Thank you.

Just sent the email asking for update.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #68 on: 15 December 2012, 10:33:59 »
Mike should hear something soon about the Union and Overload. Details to follow once I have them.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #69 on: 28 December 2012, 18:27:02 »
Just a FYI, check the web store out later tonight for the return of both Overlord and Union. More details to follow.

scatcat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #70 on: 28 December 2012, 19:00:53 »
Pure awesome

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #71 on: 28 December 2012, 22:03:37 »
Speck...how tall are the 2 overlord drop ships?

Also...is the union correct at 80mm tall? That would be just more than 3" tall...so I would have to guess these are not mech scale...but map scale correct?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

scatcat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #72 on: 29 December 2012, 11:55:31 »
Speck, are the new Spheroids resin shells with closed cell foam interiors? How many pieces are the bodies?

Between these and Catapults all I need now are Tonbos and my order completes itself.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #73 on: 29 December 2012, 15:51:12 »
Speck, are the new Spheroids resin shells with closed cell foam interiors? How many pieces are the bodies?

Between these and Catapults all I need now are Tonbos and my order completes itself.

They are one piece. I am waiting on some pictures of them from mike. I saw the rough prototype of them earlier in the year. They are one piece and made out of the closed-cell foam. It's defiantly not the same material as the old ones.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #74 on: 29 December 2012, 16:31:04 »
Speck...any word on my questions?

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #75 on: 29 December 2012, 17:52:17 »
I've been waiting a while for these to come back.  Just ordered some and a crapload of BA.   O0
The Clans: the Star League the Inner Sphere deserves, not the one it needs.

scatcat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #76 on: 29 December 2012, 20:55:44 »
They are one piece. I am waiting on some pictures of them from mike. I saw the rough prototype of them earlier in the year. They are one piece and made out of the closed-cell foam. It's defiantly not the same material as the old ones.

So if the bits are pewter and the body is foam, what parts are resin? Is this foam similar to that used on the Mech scale Leopard dropship?

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
« Reply #77 on: 29 December 2012, 21:45:40 »
how readily available will the dropships be?  I may not be able to place My order until late January.  :(

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #78 on: 29 December 2012, 23:01:32 »
how readily available will the dropships be?  I may not be able to place My order until late January.  :(

I'm kind of curious about this as well. I was planning an order to be placed in a week or two myself. And If I can get me some dropships, all the better!

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #79 on: 30 December 2012, 00:27:25 »

We got in around 25 of each. The ability to keep them in stock will depend on them filling mikes reorders. I have some questions sent in to him about them. But will not hear back until after New Years. I will post when I have more information.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #80 on: 30 December 2012, 00:53:20 »
Speck...how tall are the 2 overlord drop ships?

Also...is the union correct at 80mm tall? That would be just more than 3" tall...so I would have to guess these are not mech scale...but map scale correct?

They are Map Scale Dropships, I would say the Union is close to the 3 inch mark. I don't have a assembled Overload at my house, but they are around 5 to 6 inches tall.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #81 on: 30 December 2012, 01:27:47 »
How do they compare in scale to the old versions?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #82 on: 30 December 2012, 01:47:53 »
How do they compare in scale to the old versions?

They are the same as the old resin ones. The production molds are made from the same master mold as the old ones. It's a completely new company that is making them.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #83 on: 30 December 2012, 09:59:55 »
OK, thanks, when you said one piece and made from a diffrent material I kind of thought there may be some small diffrence in scale as well.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #84 on: 30 December 2012, 10:42:04 »
They are Map Scale Dropships, I would say the Union is close to the 3 inch mark. I don't have a assembled Overload at my house, but they are around 5 to 6 inches tall.

Ok...thanks Speck!

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #85 on: 30 December 2012, 17:58:49 »
I'm concerned by the "foam" part.  That doesn't sound very durable.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #86 on: 30 December 2012, 19:57:24 »
I'm concerned by the "foam" part.  That doesn't sound very durable.

They are, it's a hard foam. When I was out in August they had some test copies.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #87 on: 30 December 2012, 20:33:28 »
They are, it's a hard foam. When I was out in August they had some test copies.

Never heard of it before.  How does it compare to resin?  Less or more brittle? Heavier or lighter?
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #88 on: 30 December 2012, 21:15:50 »
Never heard of it before.  How does it compare to resin?  Less or more brittle? Heavier or lighter?

And how well does it hold paint?
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #89 on: 30 December 2012, 22:15:53 »
And how well does it hold paint?

Now this is the million dollar question!

Register