Author Topic: This year's Gencon exclusive  (Read 23218 times)

Daishi411

• Captain
Re: This year's Gencon exclusive
« Reply #90 on: 16 June 2011, 16:16:26 »
Hell, as nice as that Catapult is to work on? More, please! I just finished painting two of them up (one of each flavor) this week, in fact:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150330179749951.420567.600514950&l=abb19d142c

[stupid]

"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Shi_no_Kami

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #91 on: 16 June 2011, 16:35:20 »
Will not take much work on either of the Riflemen to put them into non-jumpy poses...

BUT, I am quite sad that they are Con-exclusives. I have been most desirous of a RFL-7X since I first saw it in the 3085 book... and now there is a chance I shall not be able to get it? Sadness, deep sadness...

Shin Yodama

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #92 on: 29 June 2011, 06:28:44 »
Meh.

Here's a thought: You know the 'Brutal Punch' diorama with the Atlas punching the cockpit of the Masakari out? Do those two 'mechs with an interlocking base.

Or two other models that combine to greater effect - ie the Dragon drop kicking the Enforcer

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #93 on: 29 June 2011, 06:40:37 »
Like a midair collision, you mean? Interesting thought- I'd considered doing something like that with a Jade Hawk and something on the ground (a Legacy was my intended victim) as a DFA attack, but I don't know what I did with the blister for my second jumping Jade Hawk... the tragedies of moving, I suppose.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Shin Yodama

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #94 on: 29 June 2011, 07:06:45 »
Ha yes, with the focus on jumping 'mechs I suppose the best we could expect from an IWM Exclusive is a mid air collision.

No, I was hoping for a little more thought from the powers that be at IWM and have a scenario based pair for future exclusives.

Wraithcannon

• Master Sergeant
  • Oh boy, here I go killing again!
« Reply #95 on: 29 June 2011, 08:23:51 »
You just earned my vote for next years mini:

A dynamic new pose of the Grand Dragon.

Not jumping, not kicking someone's head off, just moving along with arms swinging, legs in a walking pose, and tracking a target with the PPC. Maybe include a variant arm with the AC5 to make a Dragon
Whomever said violence isn't a solution obviously wasn't using enough.

Planning an operation against the Capellans? Hey, who wouldn't? - Sulla