Author Topic: Undead Lance?  (Read 12625 times)

Your Name Is

• Warrant Officer
  • Making myself unpopular since I re-registered.
    • My blog of randomness.
Undead Lance?
« on: 10 March 2011, 10:22:29 »
I have a question. I dabbled in MW:DA, read two or three novels, and get the gist of it. But what are the Undead mechs, and where do they come in? I looked on Google, but so far I've found nothing about what they actually ARE. DougGlendower seems to ahve some idea, unless his last comic is all joke (he usually bases them on SOME fact or established meme :p) about them being undead. Anybody help me?
I've heard that US freight trains move 1 ton of cargo 435 miles on 1 gallon of gas. I think this means we should all become hobos.

"I am, therefore I'll think." -Ayn Rand

shadow_walker

• Master Sergeant
  • CBT Player (Ret.)
Re: Undead Lance?
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2011, 12:19:38 »
Are you talking about them in the game or fluff? I recall mech names where Cadaver, Exhumer, Gravedigger, and Mortis. There background was something about them being born from prisoners of some Correctional Facility and the devil himself  their unseen benefactor.
Junction City, Kansas (noun) a parasitic town that leeches off the sore underbelly of a local military base.

Your Name Is

• Warrant Officer
    • My blog of randomness.
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2011, 12:20:25 »
Yeah, that's the box fluff. I'm wondering if there was anything more- were they simply genetic experiments? Reanimated corpses (  ::) )? I wanted to know what they were.
I've heard that US freight trains move 1 ton of cargo 435 miles on 1 gallon of gas. I think this means we should all become hobos.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #3 on: 10 March 2011, 12:27:37 »
They were just escaped prisoners who took on the names of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and used death-themed 'Mechs like the Cadaver, Mortis, etc. That's it, really. Nothing supernatural or terribly unusual about them.

Your Name Is

• Warrant Officer
    • My blog of randomness.
« Reply #4 on: 10 March 2011, 12:30:51 »
Disappointing. But then, Wizkids seemed to like making 'Four Horsemen' references. Their paint schemes weren't very ominous, either.

tbrminsanity

• Master Sergeant
  • 1st Dragoncat Cluster
    • TBRMInsanity's Website
« Reply #5 on: 10 March 2011, 12:31:25 »
Though they are nasty unites to fight with and against.  If you ever play against the Undead Lance, I strongly recommend having few (but powerful) units to go against them.  This way you minimize their special abilities (their ability to super buff one stat based on the number of kills they get).  I find that an Ares is a good match for them (especially if you take a defensive position and just wait for the Undead Lance to come to you).

shadow_walker

• Master Sergeant
  • CBT Player (Ret.)
« Reply #6 on: 10 March 2011, 12:55:22 »
For some reason I've thought they where ex-Solaris.
Junction City, Kansas (noun) a parasitic town that leeches off the sore underbelly of a local military base.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #7 on: 11 March 2011, 16:45:30 »
And here's an nth generation scribe of the fluff-text from their pilot cards, probably riddled with errors. These guys are... charming.

"Famine" Cadaver CVR-A1-L

The Eternal

Samad Abdul-Muhsi was one of many prisoners from Areseppi Correctional Facility on the planet of Menkent who escaped during the recent agressions between the remains of the Republic of the Sphere and Clan Wolf. One from a lance of mercenaries "unjustly" jailed on the planet, his survival skills led him to the more hospitable continent of Terrasota and a predetermined meeting spot where the lancemates reunited. Abdul-Muhsi pilots his Cadaver "Famine" with a defensive ability usually only posessed by assault-class Battlemechs.

"War" Exhumer EXR-2X-M

The Destroyer

Rumoured to have no aversion to taking cockpit shots, Gonzalo Sanchez would be a considered a prolific killer of men were it not for the cover of war. An apparent altercation outside his Battlemech led to his incarceration and the apprehension of his lancemates, who apparently also had none-too-righteous reputations. Where Sanchez and the others acquired their their new Battlemechs is unknown, though rumors circulate that they are backed my an unknown benefactor. His Exhumer, "War", has allowed Sanchez to pick up where he left off in the conflicts of men.

"Pestilence" Gravedigger GDR-1D-M

The Infecter

Outwardly quiet and unassuming, Fetchin Casey didn't fare exceptionally well during his confinement, but he did keep a low-enough profile to emerge mostly unscathed. Apparently convicted for selling black market ammunition, Casey was happy to pick up where he left off upon his unscheduled release. In battle, some claim he has eyes in the back of his head, such is his uncanny ability to decimate several targets at once. Casey finds nothing but glee in his new Gravedigger "Pestilence", which affords him all the opportunity he needs for havoc.

"Death" Mortis MTS-PV-H

The Reaper

Morana Tichy's past remains sealed to outsiders, though most agree that her conviction is related to the scar that mar her otherwise beautiful visage. Ruthless in combat, she often pushes herself and her machine to the limit to be victorious. With her Mortis, "Death" she delivers just that to any unfortunate soul in her way. She often serves as the contract and de facto organizer for her mercenary group, currently going by the moniker of the Undead lance.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #8 on: 12 March 2011, 18:11:28 »
Anyone have a picture of these mechs?
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

shadow_walker

• Master Sergeant
  • CBT Player (Ret.)
« Reply #10 on: 13 March 2011, 00:53:05 »
I wonder what would there battle tech stats be.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #11 on: 13 March 2011, 09:43:47 »
I think Brickcommander has stats for all of them.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #12 on: 13 March 2011, 12:33:45 »
I think Brickcommander has stats for all of them.

All but the Mortis last time I checked.

Snake Eyes

• Lieutenant
  • I am here to keep the peace
« Reply #13 on: 13 March 2011, 17:53:48 »
Try this Mortis this is probably just guess work though

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #14 on: 13 March 2011, 18:02:12 »
Though, being honest, I wouldn't take the stats on BrickCommander as beign reliable or definative. That being saisd, I'd love to see proper CBT stats for these guys; bring on the Dark Age TRO!
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #15 on: 13 March 2011, 22:56:16 »
Yeah, these definatly fit into the whole Dark Age thing, I'd love to see official record sheets for them, and mini's to go with them.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Your Name Is

• Warrant Officer
    • My blog of randomness.
« Reply #16 on: 14 March 2011, 09:39:53 »
Three weapons?  75 tons? Not very... Lethal? 8)

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #17 on: 26 June 2017, 18:22:34 »
I know this is some serious thread necromancy but I want to ask if this unit is the same unit found in the Iron Wind Mini box of the same name?

Stallion12

• Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 14 July 2017, 09:53:27 »
Yes. And there are rules for them now.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #19 on: 23 July 2017, 01:13:43 »
I know this is some serious thread necromancy but I want to ask if this unit is the same unit found in the Iron Wind Mini box of the same name?
Well... they ARE the Undead Lance.... 😉

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #20 on: 20 August 2017, 05:10:28 »
Well... they ARE the Undead Lance.... 😉

Point :-p