Author Topic: Battletech Long Island III  (Read 107337 times)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Battletech Long Island III
« Reply #150 on: 13 July 2021, 07:02:32 »
August is better for me.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #151 on: 13 July 2021, 12:39:11 »
outdoor game? 8) :D I will be watching this discussion very closely.
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

Maranthain

• Sergeant
    • Winter's Dream Mercenary Unit
« Reply #152 on: 13 July 2021, 15:18:01 »
I’m up for august, just not the 8th if possible. The sooner I can get the date in to work,, the more likely I am to be able to play.
Strength Through Perseverance

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #153 on: 13 July 2021, 17:27:13 »
outdoor game? 8) :D I will be watching this discussion very closely.

4 x 8 table on saw horses. If it rains my shed has room also. Fun of 10 x 10.

Just that map sheets will be all over the joint  :P

I would say 22nd or 29th would be best.

I offer out side so Dave will not have to deal with the furballs.

Can fire up the grill for burgers and dogs  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: 13 July 2021, 17:29:36 by shadhawk »

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #154 on: 13 July 2021, 18:22:11 »
outdoor game? burgers on a grill? pool? that late in the month I will move heaven and earth to be there. :excited:

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #155 on: 13 July 2021, 21:45:36 »
It'll depend on the weather.  Also, I don't know where you live.

Maranthain

• Sergeant
« Reply #156 on: 13 July 2021, 22:32:29 »
I’d say try for the 22nd, and schedule the 29th as backup?

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #157 on: 14 July 2021, 06:35:56 »
I'd also prefer the 22nd.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #158 on: 14 July 2021, 10:08:32 »
It'll depend on the weather.

ya have to deal with mother nature on that bit. I do have a back up. but it will be tight at 10 x 10.

Also, I don't know where you live.

that I can PM you.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #159 on: 14 July 2021, 10:09:51 »
I’d say try for the 22nd, and schedule the 29th as backup?

I'd also prefer the 22nd.

OK so far the 22nd. lets see what others say.  :thumbsup:

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #160 on: 15 July 2021, 11:17:55 »
Out at the site of the last mission.
“Nejiro command this is Dust-off, we have the GSF in sight.”
“Roger that Dust-off.”
“Dust-off two to one, what is that in the Archers hand”
“One to two, looks like a head.”

“Dust-off to GSF we are in bound to pick up your damaged and slow units.” Looking at the Archer with the Panthers head in its hand.
“Roger Dust-off.”
“GSF you will need to have your convoy pick up any salvage you have.” Looking at the Archer as they get ready to land. “We can only under-sling your vehicles as we do not have cargo bays.”
“Roger that Dust-off.” Switching to the convoy. “Duke to convoy, please send the Buffalo with the Cicada back to us so we can add the Panther salvage to the cargo bed.” Looking in the direction that the enemy force moved in. “Hold until it returns and then make best speed to base.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #161 on: 17 July 2021, 00:59:54 »
A Lion Class DropShip will make landings at CampSenshi to pick up the extra Ghost and Winter’s Dream units. It will then land at the ComStar compound and pick up the extra unit from the ComGuard. Next it will land at the Nejiro Militia base to pick up the armor units they will be sending to work as security and S.A.R. for this mission. It will next land at Camp Maru to take on the unit from the Eagle’s Tears. The next stop will be Camp Haken to pick up units from the Ironborn. Its last stop will be the Musashi estate to pick up the last unit before it lands to drop off these units between the enemy force and the DropShip that landed. After all units have been off loaded the dark blue and gray trimmed DropShip will move out and take up station to work evac unit if needed. “Nejiro Control this is Phoenix Roost, we are on station.”

Other GSF units will be moving to close the vise on the enemy units.some from the east and the others from the south.

Bleusman

• Private
  • Here Prince Hanse, have a cheeseburger.
« Reply #162 on: 18 July 2021, 22:04:48 »
OK so far the 22nd. lets see what others say.  :thumbsup:

22nd. The next weekend I have my 40th high school reunion
Urbanmech, the myth, the legend, the Urbie!

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #163 on: 19 July 2021, 10:03:54 »
OK The we go with the 22nd  :thumbsup:

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #164 on: 19 July 2021, 13:51:14 »

Quoteable

Schrodinger's Corollary: Someone in the vicinity of the box will be allergic to the cat.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #165 on: 19 July 2021, 15:36:15 »
Little known fact: Schrodinger's box is the teleportal that cats use to transit to a pocket universe where they hide temporarily whenever they hear the word "veterinarian".

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #166 on: 20 July 2021, 21:12:05 »
Sakamura Koichizoku   

colors: surgical green, surgical blue
kamon: kanji iyasu {heal, cure}   
Delm: Claire Sakamura
Matrona: Milo Ferdinand Sakamura   
Founders MP: Violet Mononobe Sakamura   
Spokesperson: Scott Yoo   
Chief Medical Officer: Devika Rani
Militia: Guardians   
Militia Commander: Zoe Fuha Sakamura   

Associate Member Families: Genji, Heishi, Mononobe, Fuha, Kinunui, Otomo, Fujiwara, Chiba, Hoshino, Katou, Nishi, Sugimoto, Wakatsuki   

Territory: [map 15] (650 sq km) landhold southwest of the city of Samar on the continent of Shinrin, also owns various pieces of property throughout the stellar system and worldwide   

Agriculture:   
Sakamura Herbaria - contains a specimen record, seed bank, and seed library of all collected flora of the stellar system for agricultural, medical, and botanical studies, plus a large interstellar seed bank and library   

Sakamura Physic - gardens, greenhouses, farms (including experimental), and 'ponics growing medicinal plants from throughout the stellar and interstellar systems for use, and also botanical, and pharmacological studies   

Sakamura Kumo Yagi {spider goat} - goats modified with golden orb spiders dna are milked and the silk protein is extracted, (the milk is then processed into the usual products), the protein is used to make fibers that are then used to make incredibly tough body armour, medical textiles, fishing line, artificial ligaments and tendons, also the wool the goats produce is also soft, breathable, and incredibly durable and is used to make surgical threads, medical textiles, emergency services uniforms, lab coats, linens, scrubs, drapes, hospital gowns, and washable diapers     

Sakamura Vertical - vertical and 'ponics farms producing a wide variety of crops and livestock for wholesale, with experimental farms in stellar and planetary locations   

Corporate:   
Sakamura Pharmacopoeia - publishes stellar and interstellar versions of a scientific annual journal recording the directions for identifying and properly using natural medicinal compounds with medical preparations, uses, dosages, and antidotes, also publishes a reference for biopharmaceutical drug specifications   

Sakamura Biotechnology - researches, develops, and produces products in the fields of genomics, recombinant gene techniques, applied immunology, pharmaceutical therapies, diagnostic tests, hybridization, genetic engineering, molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, bioengineering, biomedical engineering, and chemical engineering   

Sakamura Medical School - the premiere private school that accepts only five hundred students each year and teaches and trains in all the medical and life sciences, the school also conducts research, and has a teaching hospital that also offers vocational training and apprenticeships, both are located in Samar   

Unity Hospitals - state of the art hospitals with exceptional care and clinical excellence that are nonprofit and charitable, located in metropolitan areas and cities across the world, and several stellar system locations     

Sakamura Iryo Senta {medical center} - private hospitals with cutting edge and experimental treatment centers located in cities across the world   

Sakamura Laboratories - does biological and medical identification, has diagnostic testing centers, with secure laboratories that do clinical trials, medical research and development, pharmaceutical research and development, biochemistry research and development   

Sakamura Sciences - a research based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative medicines with focuses in virology, vaccines, hepatology, hematology, oncology, psychiatric and mental health medications, inflammation and respiratory diseases, and over the counter medicines       

Sakamura Apothecaria - holistic health centers and dispensaries with worldwide and stellar locations   

Sakamura Apothecary - pharmacy chain that also sells candy, snacks, bento, books and periodicals, cosmetics, skin care, vitamins, supplements, contraceptives, hygiene products, baby care products, first aid products, and over the counter wellness products   

Sakamura Wellness Centers - offers a combination of amenities that includes a day spa, a meditation center, a fitness center (including tracks and pools), acupuncture, acupressure, massage therapy, nutritionists, chiropractors, counselors, and therapists with worldwide and stellar locations   

Arcane Moon - cannabis and hemp dispensaries with worldwide and stellar locations   

Sakamura Rescue PMC - accepts planetary, stellar, and interstellar contracts for MASH units, parajumpers and pararescue units, combat rescue units, search and rescue units, emergency management services, paramedic and ambulance services, sea and space hospital ship services, and offers training in field and emergency medicine in partnership with MAWs, Akai Yoake Military Academy, Raissonne University Hospital Hilo, and Sakamura Medical School, Samar   

Sakamura Foundation - offers medical and life science research, and educational grants   

Nightingale Foundation - selects the best nurses and midwives to become scholars and supports them in realising their potential to provoke change and introduce new practices to positively impact their patients, staff, and communities 

Sakamura Fund - private trust, and financial fund for the investment and growth of capitol for the ichizoku and its membership 

Sakamura Instruments - manufactures surgical tools, medical instruments, diagnostic and imaging equipment, portable diagnostic and imaging equipment, medical equipment and machinery, and physical therapy equipment and machinery   

Sakamura Engineering - designs, engineers, and manufactures modular, all terrain search and rescue, and emergency services vehicles (starting at 20,000 Ryu), search and rescue and emergency services equipment and tools, the Mobile Medical Ambulance and Surgery Vehicles 'Okibo' {massive} [local hybrid, ICE, and power cell versions of a MASH vehicle (239,000 Ryu)], and several classes of blue water hospital ships, also offers standard and custom builds of ambulances, medical transports, and emergency service vehicles and aircraft, custom refits of dropships, small craft, and vehicles as hospital ships and ambulances     

Sakamura Biomechanical - designs, engineers, manufactures, installs, maintains, and upgrades prosthetics, cybernetics, and bionics, and also conducts cutting edge research and development     

Sakamura Weavers - designs, engineers, and manufactures medical textiles: wound care and hygiene, compression and protective garments, medical linens, medical scrubs and apparel, medical dressings, surgical threads, biomedical textiles, diapers and wipes, hazardous material handling, and protective, durable, flexible field apparel for emergency services, combat medics, HAZMAT workers, paramedics, field medics, field scientists, forestry workers, and rescue workers       

Sakamura Assure - private single payer and supplemental health insurance

Mindstrong - digital platform that offers qualified users access to on demand mental health professionals and services   

Sakamura Telemedicine - a digital healthcare system that is secure and flexible to untether the patient, to provide anywhere care beyond the hospital and clinical offices, virtual care sites provide remote patient monitoring, diagnosis, and treatment, then augments that care with powerful proactive artificial intelligence that compliments the expertise of caregivers (currently only available on the continent of Shinrin)     

Kokkyo Nashi {without borders} - 'medical care where its needed most' - an independent, neutral, and impartial charitable foundation that supports and provides lifesaving and humanitarian care for those devastated by poverty, emergencies, epidemics, natural disasters, and violence, it operates both stellar and interstellar projects (especially in the Izar Cluster and surrounding periphery space), conducts medical research, publishes academic papers, news, financial reports, and medical journals   

« Last Edit: 12 August 2021, 16:47:16 by eilidhdawn »

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #167 on: 23 July 2021, 13:59:00 »
“Command to all GSF and Allied units, we has a DropShip in bound to the Eastern Desert. We have a location that would make a good LZ for said DropShip to land and pick up the forces that you have been dealing with is the Kiso Mountains. We are sending said location to you now. With the need to provide security for the Hands of the Goddess’s convoy and other locations it is recommended that all vehicle units be used to provide the security and that all Battlemech units in the field move to the location provided.”

“Precentor Wilks to GSF control we will send in Adepts Wood and Cage as they are in the area. I will also be sending Adept Hay. All units will have battle armor as well.”

“Sho-sa Kalakaua, I will have Gunshos Nader and Lai join in. If someone can get a ride over this way I can add Chu-i Jung to the mix.”

“Wilks to Kalakaua I think I can do something on the taxi ride. If Kapten Bjomsen has something that needs a lift I can make sure we have room.”

“I think he has just the thing to add in.”

“Major Cranson to Precentor Wilks I have a MechWarrior ready to go but would need a ride to the party, my other two units already moving to join the main force.”

“Roger Major I have room for your warrior.”

“Precentor Wilks if you will be getting units from Camp Haru I have a company of armor that can provide recovery and security for the GSF attack units.”

“Can do Sho-sa Josef, we can get them before we pick up the Eagle unit.”

“Colonel Grayjoy to Precentor Wilks, if you have room for four I have people ready to go.”

“Wilks to Grayjoy, we can fit your people in.”

“MechWarrior Nakamura to Precentor Wilks if you are going to pass this way and have room I am ready to go.”

“Roger that MechWarrior we will get you on the way to the LZ.”

OK so this is for the next mission

this is the toy list for you. These are the units you have in the area or are ready to go.
Your forces will be hitting the enemy from three sides.
The units getting picked up by the DropShip will be the line at the far side of the OA.
Units following from the last two missions will be trailing the enemy.
The units moving from the mission at the armor factory will be entering from the side of the enemy force.
The enemy force will be looking to exit off the side with the DropShip force.

Hands of the Goddess Force
Captain Quintin Bonanno         2 / 3      ARC-5R Archer            CO Unit Commander
Sergeant Raj Sighn            3 / 5      LCT-4JM Locust      
Sergeant Bobbi               3 / 5      Piranha               former MAF
Tech Pilot               5 / 5      CN9-A Centurion               
Sergeant Niko Sato            4 / 5      FS9-OB Firestarter      former DCMS / DCMS C3 Slave
Standard Inner Sphere Battle Armor Laser (D)   0                     (AIT)
Sergeant Dejah Rey             3 / 4      HSR-200-Db Hussar         Sr NCO
Sergeant Lisa Kingsley             4 / 5      ABS-3L Anubis            former MAF
Lieutenant Niobe Tan            2 / 4      GRF-5K Griffin            XO   
Lieutenant Debbie Ash            4 / 5      ARC-4M Archer            former MAF

Kiah’s Hammers Force
MechWarrior Sergeant Kiston          3 / 4      HBK-4G Hunchback   former Shadow Cat Pilot Nova Cat
Cadet Amber               5 / 6      TBT-5J Trebuchet         Trainee Pilot
MechWarrior Sergeant Cassandra      3 / 5      ZPH-2A Tarantula
Cadet Ziva               5 / 6      JVN-11B Javelin         Trainee Pilot

The Eagle’s Tears Force
MechWarrior               3 / 5      AV1-OC Avatar            DCMS C3 Master
Standard Inner Sphere Battle Armor Laser (A)   3      Sergeant
MechWarrior               3 / 5      OW-1C Owens (Alpha)      FWL C3 Slave Damaged
Standard Inner Sphere Battle Armor Laser (B)   3      Sergeant
MechWarrior               4 / 5      OW-1C Owens (Bravo)         DCMS C3 Slave
Standard Inner Sphere Battle Armor Laser (C)   4      Sergeant      

Ironborn Force
Lieutenant Chao “Boom Box” Yang      4 / 5      RVN-4LC Raven   Former Barrett’s Fusiliers CC C3 Slave
Lieutenant Meifeng “Night Witch” Zhou      3 / 4      ABS-4C Anubis            Former Syn’s Hussars
Lance Captain Lorren “Black Lorren” Botley    2 / 4      WVR-7M Wolverine         XO      
Lieutenant Tristifer Botley          4 / 6      TR1 Wraith                     
Fa Shih Battle Armor Laser         2      Corporal Aaron Drumm
Lieutenant Cornelius Alvarez         3 / 5      BZK-F3 Hollander          Former Pirate
Lieutenant Theon Greyjoy         4 / 6      DRG-1G Grand Dragon “Tetsu no Daiouika”
Fa Shih Battle Armor MG         2

The Dragon’s Clutch Force
MechWarrior Ren Ito            4 / 5      OW-1Prime Owens         DCMS C3 Slave
Tai-i Adrian Tan               4      Raiden Battle Armor (Tsunami)      XO
Road’s Warriors Force
Bully Roads               2 / 2      FLC-8R Falconer         Unit Commander
Kiyosuke Sook-O            4 / 5      CMA-C Chimera
Sakura Nakamura            2 / 4      WHM-6D Warhammer                  

Winter’s Dream Force
MechWarrior Otis “Mine Dancer”         3 / 5      KY2-D-02 Kyudo         former Smoke Jaguar
MechWarrior Nester “Fortress”         3 / 4      KGC-000b King Crab         former Wolf

Loyalty Forsaken Force
Frederick Bosche, Lt. General Ret      3 / 5      BGS-3T Barghest         Unit Commander
Lord Ruger Frey             4 / 5      WLF-2 Wolfhound         Lance Commander
Talia Wulfe                4 / 5      WLF-2 Wolfhound         
Lady Hildegard Broeske            4 / 5      CHM-C Chimera         LA C3 Slave

The Phoenix Dao
Ching Shi                3 / 4      WHM-6L Warhammer         CO
Cheung Po Tsai             2 / 4      CLNT-2-4T Clint         
Fa Shih Battle Armor            4   

6th Ghost
Chu-i Go Soo Jung             4 / 5      AV1-OB Avatar            Fire Lance Commander
Raiden Battle Armor Laser Delta         4      Go-cho Doris Yeh
PNT-12A Panther            4 / 5      Gunsho Kerry Nader
HM-2 Hitman               4 / 5      Gunsho   Kar Neng Lai         DCMS C3 Slave

ComStar
Adept Holly Wood             3 / 4      RTX-1OPrime Raptor         Level II Commander
Standard Inner Sphere Battle Armor (06)   3      Adept
Adept Nick Cage             3 / 4      RTX-1OA Raptor
Standard Inner Sphere Battle Armor (06)   3      Adept
Adept Justin Hay            3 / 5      AV1-OB Avatar
Standard Inner Sphere Battle Armor (06)   4      Adept

Nejiro Militia
6th Platoon
4   Striker Light Tank               Chu-i Jun Takayama
7th Platoon         Regular
2   Plainsman Medium Hover Tank            Tai-i Byrde
2   Pegasus Scout Hover Tank
9th Platoon         Regular
4   Saladin Assault Tank               Chu-i

now for the question for all.
Grimm is booked for Aug. So this can run at my place in Aug. or wait until Sept.
If this is at my place I would like to make it a full day of it and as long as mother nature will play nice so it would be done out side in my back yard. It would also have to be on a Sunday as normal.
I am looking to do this on terrain so I know this would keep LoD from playing.
So let me know what you would like to do.

OIC for this mission?

Crash99c

• Sergeant
« Reply #168 on: 25 July 2021, 02:27:12 »
Hey gang -

Hopefully by august 22nd mom will be settled enough that I can get the day off

no promises though....

-C

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #169 on: 25 July 2021, 09:19:59 »
OIC would be Hands of the Goddess.

Going by unit time on world and what unit commanders are on the field.

Next up would be Road's Warriors

Then Loyalty Disowned.

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #170 on: 28 July 2021, 02:18:07 »
Shiba Koichizoku     

colors: dark red, brown
kamon: red brushwood
Delm: Shigeharu Shiba   
Matrona: Alyce Yamato Shiba   
Founders MP: Erasmo Reis Takeda
Spokesperson: Poliane Arruda Fraga
Militia: Inu no Senshi {dog warriors}   
Militia Commander: Saito Sukekazu     

Associate Member Families: Hata, Yagyu, Tenson, Ryukyuan, Yamato, Cheung, Liu, Young, Huang, Teo, Woo, Kuwahara     

Territory: [map 29] Z(650 sq km) landhold on the prairie of the Southern Steppe of the Tairiku continent equidistant between Kamloops, Port, and Marena, plus (1300 sq km) property directly north of the landhold, and (1300 sq km) property directly south of the landhold   

Agriculture:   
Re Fang {hot house} - several large greenhouse aquariums with year round wholesale production of aquaponics raised  ornamental flowers, produce, spices, herbs, medicinal plants, koi, carp, goldfish, crayfish, tilapia, trout, and jade perch     

Camellia Acres - tea plantation   

Dai Sogen {great prairie, great meadows} - a six hundred square kilometer nature preserve located south of the landhold   

Shui Xian Hua {water goddess flower} - grows tazzetta, narcissus, and daffodil fields for essential oils, (the flowers are symbols associated with spring, wealth, and good fortune, white narcissi are associated with death and are planted on graves and tombs), sells cut flowers for retail, and nursery and florist supply, keeps several styles of ornamental gardens of native regional flowers and plants for tourism and horticulture studies             

Ancient Grains - vertical and traditional organic farms growing wheat, barley, sorghum, millet, rye, teff, heritage blue maize, wild rice, durum, and oriental wheat     

Mishima Wagyu - high quality organic grass fed beef stock the ranch runs about thirty thousand head of several Wagyu cattle breeds, and Painted Mustangs for ranch work, rodeo, and pleasure riding     

Mulberry Farms - grows mulberry tree groves for sericulture 

Tengai Shiba {the end of the sky} - breeders and trainers of shiba inu, hokkaido, shikoku, akita, and kishu hunting and family dogs   

Corporate:   
Crashing Heaven - manufactures consumer fireworks, t-shirts, and novelties 

Firestone Mines - diversified stellar mining company: copper, gold, iron ore, coal, aluminum, salts, precious metals, base metals, rare earths, stellar gases, industrial minerals, gemstones, refineries, quarries for dimension stone   

Tenchi {heaven and earth} - weapon dealer and auction house with locations both planetary and stellar - the most upscale on Port Fortuna, the largest in Hilo, and The Enclave - deals in local and imported blades, firearms, vehicles, support weapons, weapon systems, and also unusual, exotic, unique, and historical weapons, owns the Weapons and Warriors Museum in Yousai which archives the history and development of weapons from the stone age onwards   

Xifang Mingxing {western star} - engineers and manufactures mining equipment, mining compounds and explosives, mining tools, mining machinery, exosuits, mining mechs, small craft, and tugs outfitted for stellar mining, surveying, and prospecting     

Hoedown - small chain of country and western bar and dance halls located in the Southern Steppe region with live music, line dancing, swing, two step, polka, cowboy waltz, and cowboy cha cha contests, dance lessons, karaoke, and great ranch style bbq, private party rooms are available   

Granite Creek Guest Ranch - located on the landhold and along with all the usual amenities and outdoor activities guests may also participate in genuine horse drives, roping classes, gymkhanas {games on horseback}, and gold panning, there are also winter sleigh rides and snowmobiling, hosts corporate retreats and social events   

Starchilde - record label producers - manufactures, publishes, distributes, promotes, and markets music recordings and videos for pop artists, country artists, radio dramas, movie soundtracks, anime soundtracks, video game soundtracks, and voice actors   

Zandaniji Silk - textile mills creating high quality fine silk fabrics, threads, and yarns 

Academia delle Arti Culinarie - cooking and baking school with campuses on the landhold, Port, Kamloops, and Marena   

Baile Folklorico - fusion of folkdance and ballet worldwide touring company based in Port at the Teatro di Bellezza {theater of beauty}       

Western Star Motor Company - hybrid commercial truck designer and manufacturer of highway and off road vehicles including: box trucks, semitrailers, heavy equipment for terrestrial and stellar mining, construction, and agriculture, travel trailers, camper shells, taxi fleets, coupe utility, passenger utility, and technical pickups, military trucks and support vehicles, apcs, atvs, nonstandard tactical vehicles   

Millefleur - couture fashion house of lolita, gothic lolita, and steampunk styles, also modern kimono and yukata styles, with sales and design offices on the landhold and factories in Kamloops, there is a flagship store in Bridges and boutiques in Kamloops, Hilo, Yousai, Lanikai, Sakura onsen, Yakan, Port, and Quezon   

Rever {dream} - modern haute couture {high fashion, high sewing, high dressmaking - exclusive custom fitted clothing} and ready to wear fashion house for women and men, also creates fragrances, skin care, cosmetics, maison, handbags, sunglasses, accessories, footwear, watches, and gifts at the apex of elegance and impeccable taste that are functional and flattering, the sales and design offices are on the landhold, the factories are on the landhold, and in Kamloops, the flagship store is in Bridges and there are boutiques in Kamloops, Hilo, Yousai, Lanikai, Yakan, Sakura Onsen, Port, Quezon, and Marena     

Red Moon House - luxury pleasure houses (with club membership and a la carte rates) with fine dining and spirits, libraries, billiards, card rooms, smoking rooms, spa services, reception rooms for lively debates and discourse, ball rooms, sumptuous accommodations, music rooms, poetry readings, tea ceremonies, fine entertainment provided by geisha and taikomochi {male geisha, jester}, talented and discreet carnal pleasures provided by male and female sex workers, courtesan services are available to our most discerning and sophisticated clientele, the houses are located worldwide in metropolitan areas, major cities, and central rural locations, also in Port Fortuna, and the domed city of Pluoton   

Grand Bazar Hypermarket - expansive retail facilities carrying a wide range of products under one roof including full supermarket, department store merchandise, office supplies, home improvement merchandise, manga stands, internet cafes, beauty salon, restaurants, dollar store merchandise located in central rural locations worldwide   

Market Fresh - customizable subscription meal kit delivery  service with easy to follow recipes and high quality straight from the farm ingredients, also available are pre-portioned parfaits, overnight oats, soups, smoothies, homemade ice cream, or grain harvest bowls   

Haretahi {sunny day} - manufactures hammocks, parachute material camping hammocks, mosquito netting, hammock swings, swings, hammock and swing stands   

Shiba Industries - manufactures atelier quality acoustic equipment and products with continuing technological innovations, also cable and wireless headphones, headsets, earphones, ear buds, microphones, receivers, connectors, plugs, speakers, cables   

Monkey Business - literary periodical journal publishes contemporary fiction works both old and new from local and interstellar writers, full color graphic art, manga, with translations in Japanese and English     

SHIBAbot - slack hosted interface for business analytics which is capable of fetching, aggregating, visualizing data, and finding useful insights based on simple natural language conversations to make data more accessible to company decision makers   

Showcase Entertainment - film and television studio production and distribution, also produces live musicals and stage plays, and offers backlot tours of soundstages, sets, and crafts, located in Marena   

Oishi {delicious} - healthy, tasty, locally sourced, made from scratch, artisan inspired meals and snacks catering and food truck company, the food truck operate in and around the landhold, Marena, Port, and Kamloops, they also ship custom gift baskets worldwide, and operates a regional subscription meal service, and craft services in Marena     

Bird Dog Security - raises and trains dogs, and their partners, for security, law enforcement, and military duties, and provides partners for perimeter and security patrols to a wide variety of clients   

« Last Edit: 28 July 2021, 02:54:38 by eilidhdawn »

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #171 on: 28 July 2021, 11:08:52 »
PUPPIES! :D

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #172 on: 28 July 2021, 11:59:49 »
 ???

Maranthain

• Sergeant
« Reply #173 on: 30 July 2021, 18:03:12 »
Time off approved. Will be there.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #174 on: 30 July 2021, 18:59:03 »
Time off approved. Will be there.

Cool  :thumbsup:

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #175 on: 03 August 2021, 06:16:10 »
Sinclair Koichizoku     

colors: white, orange   
kamon: daisy flower chain surrounding a kirin   
motto: Clarus {pure, clear, bright, renowned, illustrious}   
Delm: Marsaili Sinclair-Synklar   
Matrona: Solomon Sinclair   
Founders MP: Haralt Molyneaux Sinclair
Spokesperson: Benneit Taafe Sinclair   
Militia: Deamhans {demon, devil, fiend, divine power, divine messenger}     
Militia Commander: Peader GilleChriost   

Associate Member Families: Molyneaux, FitzSimons, Tobin, Reamon, Taafe, Synklar, Asahi, Komori   

Territory: [map 4] (650 sq km) landhold located west of Stonehaven in the Kiso Mountains lowlands near the Akazuna {red sand} coastline and Hawks Bay, (165 sq km) property adjacent to the landhold, various properties both worldwide and stellar   

Agriculture:     

fishing, charter fishing, sea greens farming

Cathedral Forests - five thousand ha of growing forests of banked timbers grown for the future, seed bank and library, popular with hikers and campers, includes the seventy ha Tree Shrine which includes imported and native species from across Nejiro   

Synklar Farms - farming cooperative partnered with vertical farms growing organic oats, rye, wild rice, barley, durum, peas, soy, goats, pigs, alpaca, yak, sheep, apple and stone fruit orchards, peanuts, tree nuts, root vegetables, table vegetables, greens   

Keija Cha Titian {tea terraces} - tea plantation growing and preparing ancient and modern varieties of green, black, and white teas   

Yorokobi no Shukaku {joy harvest} - aquaponics and hydroponics greenhouse farm facilities that grow garden vegetables, greens, herbs, beans, berries, tomatoes, peppers, garlic, onion, cloves, cinnamon, turmeric, wasabi, togarashi {chilies}, shoga {ginger}, shiso {perilla leaves}, negi {scallions}, mitsuba, karashi {mustard}, goma {sesame}, daikon radish, nasu {eggplant}, kabocha {squash}, lotus root, mizuna, kinoko {mushrooms}, yuzu {citrus fruit}, salmon, trout, tilapia, bass, shrimp, prawns, bluegill, sturgeon, barramundi   

Kuria de Akarui {clear and bright} - hand harvested sea salt

Birch Hill Station - 1300 ha ranch running approximately five thousand head each of free range grass fed sheep and beef cattle

Darling Orchards - grows citrus, olives, figs, wine and table grapes, leafy vegetables, tomatoes, beans, lentils, onions     

Corporate:     
Synklar Shooting Supplies - retail chain stocking firearms, reloading equipment, reloading components, ammunition, gun cleaning equipment, optics, shooting accessories, shooting rests and bipods, firearm parts, tools, and accessories, books, videos, software, offers range services, classes, and certification 

Sinclair Community College - offers over two hundred associate and certificate programs including specialized career training, and technical areas of study, also guild and industry certification courses. 

Ciara {black, mountain range} - crafts antique style and cut crystal glassware and stemware, crystal, tableware, jewelry, gifts, art     

Gensai Arann {fishermen sweaters} - crafts handmade lanolin and lambs wool signature sweaters, socks, hats, gloves, mittens, scarfs     

Total Beverage - wholesale and retail distributors of juice, water, soft drinks, and alcohol of every variety worldwide     

Nickelbrooke - brews artisanal original recipe root beer that is brewed with honey, anise, burdock, cinnamon, orange peel, sassafras, and sarsaparilla root, both alcohol and soft drink versions are sold in glass grolsch bottles   

Flying Cavalry - a private military contractor operating mostly in the Kiso Mountains region involved mostly in mountain search and rescue operations, ski patrol, aerial survey and inspections, regional security patrols, medical and emergency evacuations, also bounty, bandit, and pirate hunting via mechanized (airship, patrol boats, vtols, amphibious, bikes, trikes, atvs, apcs) jump infantry that works closely in concert with the Deamhans and the NPO Wylde Rangers     

Vigor Automotive - manufactures electric and hybrid commercial and medium duty vehicles, delivery trucks, firefighting vehicles, ambulances, emergency vehicles, armored trucks, heavy duty trucks, buses, coaches, power trains, components, parts, tractors, haulers, cranes, construction vehicles and equipment, military support vehicles, passenger cars, sports cars, race cars, and passenger trucks     

Immortelle - crafts and manufactures upscale natural cosmetics, fragrances, skin care, health and beauty branded products using ancient traditional Provence methods with italian starflower, lavender, rosemary, shea butter, and almonds     

The Devils Playground - reservation only restaurant with bar, club, and exhibition spaces for adults twenty five and older, has public and private playrooms, the interior service staff is painted in all over red body paint designs, bouncers and exterior staff wear suits in shades of dark red, with locations on the landhold and in Lanikai, Hilo, and Whistler     

Knights Inn - themed upscale motel chain with locations near most tourist areas and also at Road Stations and Service Plazas worldwide     

Yume Shokuji {dream meals} - Division One contains our test kitchens and makes tasty, nutritionally balanced meals ready to eat from soup to nuts for military personnel in regular, kosher, vegetarian, and allergen free varieties, there is a wide variety of meals made with fish, poultry, egg, pork, tofu, and lean red meats, each meal contains a protein rich entree, two vegetable dishes, a rice or potato dish, whole grain baked goods, a soup or noodle cup, fruit, a dessert dish, and beverage choices of green and black tea bags, matcha, finely powdered cocoa, finely powdered coffee, finely powdered electrolyte drink, and finely powdered milk, the meals also include spice, honey, and sauce packets, water pills, snack items such as nuts, trail mix, dips (guacamole, bean, ranch, hummus, nut) and whole grain crackers or chips, candy, chocolate, instant ramen, oatmeal or porridge cups
                                                       Division Two makes tasty, nutritionally balanced frozen food meals for individuals and families that contain one protein entree, one slow carbohydrate side, one fast carbohydrate side, and one whole grain baked good in breakfast, lunch, and dinner choices for children or adults, also available are family style casseroles, and sweet, or savory pies, available in the freezer section of your local grocers worldwide     
                                                       Division Three makes trail mixes, and separate mix and match dehydrated or ready to eat food packets for camping, and also meal bars, and snack bars available at outdoor, sports, and grocery retail stores worldwide     

Trodai Threalmhu {warrior equip} - retail store chain that sells tactical gear, tools, and equipment, personal armor, personal weapons, ammunition, bdus, military surplus, camping and survival gear, travel gear, camping, hunting, and survival clothing and accessories, footwear, knives, has weapon ranges, and offers training and certification   

FitzSimons Armory - manufactures personal firearms, support weapons, tactical gear and accessories, heat sinks, amplifiers, ballistic and energy weapons for vehicles and field guns, combat vehicles, patrol boats

Pure Sight - designs, engineers, and manufactures imaging systems, targeting systems, fire control systems, sensors, optics, maintenance and repair equipment, accessories, scopes, rangefinders, binoculars, telescopes, magnifying glass, lenses   

Clear Vision - designs and manufactures prescription eyewear, sunglasses, contacts, goggles, safety eyewear, marine masks and eyewear, face shields, bionic and cybernetic eyes, surgical diagnostic and correction equipment     

Marguerite Rolling Stock Company - manufacture railroad vehicles, cars, and equipment   

Grace Note Suites - business and residential suite hotel chain   

Camp Everfree - located close to the Akazuna Coast it is actually three coed sleepaway summer camps for children and teens - a traditional camp, a performing arts camp, and a science and nature camp - around Lake Chozame {sturgeon} [eleven point seven square kilometers and sixteen meters deep] surrounded by the Lakewoods Forest, all the campgrounds are located around the lake, the campers socialize and compete with each other, the camp is within hiking and boating distance of the Akazuna Coast beaches, and the lake flows into the Jamboree River which has up to class three whitewater rapids and empties into Hawks Bay       

Seppun {kiss} - professional matchmaking services that includes background checks and dating and relationship coaching     

Papillon {butterfly} - gallery and exhibition hall for artists and artisans - locations on the landhold, Stonehaven, Whistler, Lanikai, Yousai, Uchusen Kichi {spaceport}, Port Fortuna     

Starfire Design - jewelry designs in sterling silver and gemstones, glass, wood, and ceramic beads available through upscale department stores   

Caledonian Railways - provides electric and high speed regional and commuter railway service, regional and continental freight service   

Ironstone - mines, ironworks, and steelworks   

Seven - manufactures consumer electronics, optical fibers, optoelectronic devices, optical media, commercial photocopiers and printers   

Margarida Yacht Club - includes a clubhouse, a marina, a guard gated community, and a boatyard on Hawks Bay

Daisy Education Management Organization - chain of private school programs that provide award winning curriculum and methodology with passionate educators, a socially active community and individualized learning plans tailored to students specific needs, challenging coursework where students may initiate and participate in projects, internships, investigative research, and global experiences that also provides online education for public and private students from kindergarten to twelfth grade, as well as career learning programs designed to prepare learners of all ages with competitive skills, grants and scholarships are available -  campuses are located on the landhold, Stonehaven, Hilo, Kamloops, Whistler, Port, and Marena - the most competitive and desired are:
                              Hellazein Military Schools are uniformed (cerulean blue and kobicha brown plaid trousers, skirts, or kilts at student preference and gunmetal gray shirts) coed with middle, high school, college prep, and junior college classes with board and day school options, has a rigorous admittance process that accepts up to fifteen hundred students at each campus with a student teacher ratio of one in twelve, and mandatory athletic and leadership programs with high standards of excellence, honor, discipline, integrity, and character, the military schedule includes a seven week deep dive curriculum that focuses intensely on one subject each cycle, and also military history and tactics, applied science, math, and engineering, orienteering, military drills and exercises, adventure training, and Junior ROTC, there are twelve varsity teams (Steeds) (cross country, swimming and diving, association football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, lacrosse, spirit teams, track and field, baseball, rugby, table tennis, field hockey), an equestrian center, weapon ranges, a rowing and sailing center, and several social and academic clubs     
                               Vanguard High School is a coed boarding school with core skills and values that emphasize problem solving skills, critical inquiry and research, intellectual curiosity, and social responsibility, the school offers an extensive STEM based curriculum that includes artificial intelligence, DNA science, neurobiology, linear algebra, organic chemistry, robotics, quantum mechanics, and marine biology, the school does not neglect or disdain the humanities and has extensive offerings including criminal law, languages (latin to welsh), speech and debate, ethics, computer graphics and animation, animal behavior, design elements, finance, culinary arts, broadcast and film production, sports science, and natural resource management, student research has an essential role in learning and they must complete an original engineering or experimental research project as well as defend a Senior Thesis, students must complete credits in physical education or compete in interscholastic sports (competive dance and cheerleading, gymnastics, archery, swimming and diving, golf, track and field, tennis, baseball, basketball, association foitball, rugby, rowing), students participating in the mentorship program are involved in research and/or project development at mentoring agencies that include universities, government institutions, and corporations, students with exceptional performances may join the school's science and engineering research program where there is a variety of learning exploration and career training opportunities such as job shadowing, work site visits, prominent guest presentations and talks, and internships, career and technical education courses are also available in several fields along with guild and industry certification courses
                                Idyllwild Arts Academy - high school level coed boarding school whose mission is changing lives through the transformative power of art, and motto: non nobis solum {not for ourselves alone}, (to attend students must take a cognitive skills test and placement exam, an artistic skills test, audition, and interview) it offers a comprehensive college preparatory curriculum alongside professional training in the arts to a diverse student body of gifted young artists from across Nejiro that join in the pursuit of artistic excellence in music, dance, theater, visual arts, creative writing, film and digital media, and fashion, students are united by a profound passion for the arts complemented by a robust and innovative academic curriculum, every aspect of our program promotes growth as bold artists, curious learners, and mindful citizens, our expert faculty members work with young artists and they understand and practice different approaches to teaching to allow them to flourish, from weekday mornings until early afternoons students can be found engaging in spirited debate in history class, practicing algebraic concepts, testing the properties of gases, or conversing in Russian or French, in the afternoons and early evenings students take to the studios and direct their attention to the practice of their chosen art form from pointe classes, to theater rehearsals, or poetry workshops, in addition to classes and rehearsals there are dedicated times to community building, student club meetings, advisory meetings, and school assemblies, students receive supportive attention and dozens of performance, gallery, and presentation opportunities, to graduate students must complete sixteen academic credits, two credits of laboratory science, two credits of art history and theory, three credits of electives, complete participation in the fitness requirement of three thirty minute workouts a week (may be met through fitness center workouts or classes, use of jogging trails or walking routes, and a variety of team/group activities such as tetherball, badminton, figure skating, rhythmic gymnastics, synchronized swimming, ping pong, ultimate frisbee, association football, and basketball), and complete the requirements of their arts concentration every year, personalized guidance and expert portfolio reviews allow graduates access to their choice of very selective colleges, universities, and conservatories         

« Last Edit: 12 August 2021, 05:01:49 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #176 on: 06 August 2021, 21:11:43 »

Yabai   

Takomatsuri and Kite Fighting: A History   

Kites have been around for quite some time now, having purportedly been invented in China during the fifth century. This statement is disputed by historians who insist that flying kites is something people have done for over two millennia. Initially, the Chinese used a fine article like silk, which was plentiful in that region, lined with bamboo. The men who supposedly invented it are named Lu Ban (or Gongshu Ban and Mozi (sometimes pronounced Mo Di). Others say that a kite was used by a Chinese General named Han Hsien in 200 BC, to aid him to surprise attack an oppressive Emperor in a rebel raid. As time went on, and ancient civilizations traded with each other, the invention of kites made their way to different nations - initially those in Asia. Thailand, Korea, Japan, and India among other Asian nations, established their own style of kites, as western countries caught on the trend as well.

China heavily influenced Japan during its infant years, so that's how kites were introduced to Japan. Buddhist monks who would travel from China to Japan would bring all sorts of cultural factors that would play major roles in Japan's society, such as language, religion, and inventions - and one of those was the kite. In Japanese 'kite' is pronounced as tako and written as kanji symbol. Kites were made to aid in the construction of buildings, lifting carpentry materials up to rooftops. They were also used in religious practices and were incorporated in many mythological legends. Some of these legends are very grandiose, telling stories of men who would ride kites to visit their lonely sons in faraway islands, while others spoke of a thief who flew up to the roof of Nagoya Castle to steal the golden scales of the statue of a dolphin perched on top. The story does not have a happy conclusion - he was caught because he had been boasting about this act, and his entire family was boiled in oil.     

Ever - progressing technology has aided in developing the kite to fly more efficiently and to be used for purposes both important and recreational. Kites have so far been used as a lift to carry people off the ground, signals for the military, tools to test winds, a means of rescuing people, as a distance measurer, and so much more. As for recreational purposes, aside from the fun with simply stringing a kite along, there are several competitions that involve the creation of kites, and the mastery of manipulating kites. There's aerial ballet, for example, where sports kites are made to follow certain patterns of movement simultaneously to put up a show. A more aggressive recreational kite sport that is famous and often celebrated is kite fighting.     

The kite fighting sport originates in India. These fighting kites are called patang and were used in competitions during festivals and celebrations. Indian kite fighting then made its way to other Asian countries through trade. Dutch traders are believed to be the one who brought the sport to Japan and then to western nations.   

Unlike the usual, traditional kites which can be large, graceful, and colorful, kites used for fighting are lightweight, volatile, and quick to follow each calculated tug. The point of this competition is for one kite to successfully wrap around the other, and cut the string off the opponents kite. The strings that hoist the flags up have glass that coats their lines, making it easier to slice the opponents string off compared to normal kites. Aside from cutting the string itself, another kite fighting competition involves dragging the entire kite down with yours. The kites used here are much bigger, though, with each large kite being maneuvered by an entire team of people.       

One fighter kite, traditionally formed, constructed with washi paper and bamboo, and possesses six sides is the Rokkaku Dako. The Rokkaku Dako is shaped as a hexagon, vertically upright, that bends with the wind. Its bridle has four points, while a spar runs down vertically, crossed by two more spars, somewhat forming the letter I. There are three strings that hold each end (amounting to six in total), shortly joining together to form the tail. The kite usually has designs and paintings on them, commonly of well known samurai, myths, and legends.     

The Nagasaki Hata kite resembles the more popular idea of what a kite looks like. It is diamond shaped and easy to fly. This is the kite that historians suspect was influenced to the Japanese by Dutch traders. These kites come in many different colors, patterns, and illustrations. The Buka kite, which is less popular, is made from bamboo spars and lightweight washi, has a two point bridle and is rectangular in shape. There is no design that is native to the Buka kite, so it encompasses many.     

Takomatsuri is a Nejiroan national holiday and occurs annually on May 1, it is the first festival of Golden Week. in Hilo there are several different fight competitions, and residents prepare for this exciting event long beforehand by making their own kites and designing them themselves. The first competition is a team competition that battles head to head on the banks of the Canawa River in Sunrise Meadows Park in the Downtown ward. These kites measure about seven meters by three meters large, and usually have a mascot or symbol painted on them to represent the team. Many of these teams are formed by students from local high schools and colleges, and also by members of law enforcement, militia, emergency services, and public safety units that are taken very seriously. Because of the windy weather that accompanies May and the flow of the Canawa River, the direction that the wind blows aids in the heated entanglement of the kite strings. The tug of war thus ensues, as the winner of this competition is the team that successfully yanks the other kite towards a certain mark suspended over the river in their direction. The battle grounds for more traditional kite fighting, with string cutting and blow - by - blow commentary of the attacks, are across the river and during heated moments between participants in the competition, you might even see some of them walk into the river just to regain control of their kite, and steer it away from other players - or let it dive straight into theirs. These kites must measure 1.65 meters by 1.35 meters and have a gagari {sharp metal} on their kite string to aid in cutting off the opponents kite. The last competition is an aerial ballet competition between teams that is judged on choreography and synchronicity. There are also giant kites filled with inscriptions of names of those newly born launched to bless them in the coming years. During the windiest part of the day kites measuring three and a half meters by three and a half meters are launched tightly together, trying to cut one another with friction. There are kites flown just for the pleasure of seeing them fly. Koinbori, carp streamers, are flown to symbolize the strength the fish portray when they swim against the current in their day to day lives, a representation of how ideally strong and progressive a Nejiroan man should grow to be in all aspects of his life. There is a parade of one hundred yatai or floats at sundown, traditional festival music is audible everywhere, and people march with gusto around the streets. A festival is not complete without stalls of food that you can pick from for snacks or meals, karaage and udon are especially popular at this time.       

There are many websites that teach you how to build a kite if you really want to get into it and create one yourself. It's easy to order the parts, and get digital instruction sheets on how to go about them, depending on which kind of kite style you choose. Most seasons are ideal for flying kites - perhaps the time most difficult to fly is April because of the many rain showers across most of the continent of Tairiku. Summer, usually July, August, and September, with great visibility, and clear skies, and air is the most popular time to fly. December and January hold cooler temperatures, but if you can brave the cold when the sun is out, flying is a 'cool' experience. Kite fighting can be fun and is a great cultural sport to bond with friends and family. There are dozens of kite flying and fighting school clubs, also amateur, and professional teams for those who become passionate.     

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #177 on: 09 August 2021, 20:16:19 »

The Nikko Chiku Great Get Together {sunshine district}, fair and exposition occurs the last two weeks of August every year in Harmony Meadows (five hundred acre nature preserve with permanent fairgrounds, and campgrounds - please remember to pay your respects at the Hahanarudaichi to chichinaruten sora jinja {mother earth and father sky shrine}) just outside Hilo (about an hour and a half west by train). It attracts more than one million visitors each year and celebrates the agriculture, craft, and industry of the chiku. It is the largest and oldest agricultural and industrial exposition on the planet. A salute to the best in agriculture, industry, entertainment, and achievement of the chiku. National media frequently ranks the event as one of the top events globally and is always a top ten choice for summer fun. The Great Get Together opens with the Starlit Illumination Parade the evening before the fairgrounds open, that ends at the Grandstand with a fireworks show and a welcome ceremony, with the Illumination Sensation Parade running every night thereafter through the fairgrounds. Every night also features a unique fireworks display done by a different company at different venues (vote for you favorite on the Great Get Together App). Agricultural contests are held for largest and best in breed for swine, sheep, goats, cattle, rabbits, horses, dogs, and llamas. There are also a wide selection of races, contests, and hobby exhibitions (e.g. rooster crowing, calligraphy, pie eating, ugly lamps, the boom lab, open karaoke, wheelbarrow races, the moo - la - la mud run, kite flying and fighting, arm wrestling, wood chopping, flower arrangements, redneck relay, cheese carving, best produce, best flowers, lego challenges, robot challenges, tractors pulls, best quilt etc.). There are more than nine hundred classes of food and beverages judged, the Avenue of Breeds will hold more than three hundred representatives, and there will be more than five hundred exhibitors and concessions that include food (from cotton candy to takoyaki) with over seventy varieties on a stick, merchandise (from t-shirts to tools), craft exhibits, demonstrations, and classes (from smithing to brewing), and vendors (from farm machinery to hot tubs). The Fiddle & Drum holds musicians, craftspeople, and luthiers who craft, play, and repair instruments from fine violins to washboards, with daily demonstrations of their arts. Thrillville offers the newest, fastest, most jaw dropping and hair raising adventure and thrill rides to be found on the planet, along with arcades, midway games, and street entertainers. The Grandstand will host a big name artist every evening and this year includes the bestselling acts Blue, Big Bang, H.O.T., Shinwa, Trick Pony, Shooters, Yasuno Mitsuda, Twice, Got 7, Yellow Magic Orchestra, Emma Shah, Baby Metal, Zayn Malik, and Darren Cross. The three free stages and the Fair Coliseum will host concerts, theater, debates, athletic and martial exhibitions and competitions, urban and celtic step contests, beauty pageants, and other events daily. There are puppet shows, storytimes, strolling minstrels, and comedians performing on the fairgrounds daily. There will be bullfighting, a rodeo, horse races, pig races, and competitive hoedowns. The Fair Coliseum will host the Nikko Cup, a hotly contested invitational association football tournament of high school and college clubs from around the world. There are several trade shows on the fairgrounds for livestock, scientific advances, fashion, agricultural machinery and equipment, hearth and home goods, aircraft and automobiles. The Industrial Expo showcases the most competitive technology and processes used in the chiku and will represent over two hundred organizations from diverse industrial sectors (defense, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, electrical, packaging, biotechnology, textiles, machine tools, glass, engineering, process equipment) demonstrating their capabilities in the fields of design, engineering, equipment, supply, and support. There are always a wide variety of interactive and educational exhibits from around the chiku and the world at large. Join us as we strive to celebrate Nikko through amazing events, hands on experiences, and educational opportunities.     

« Last Edit: 09 August 2021, 20:56:14 by eilidhdawn »

Maranthain

• Sergeant
« Reply #178 on: 11 August 2021, 21:33:26 »
Kapten Bjornsen sighed as e read the notes on the various battles that have taken place since the arrival of that unknown force. He slammed his fist down on the desk, trying to contain his rage. While they had yet to cause serious damage to his units and those under his protection, the unknown units were causing havoc among the population of the region they dropped into. Luckily there were few casualties among the civilians of the area. He hoped the addition of Fortress to the group coordinating the killbox would be enough to help.

Suddenly a feeling of being watched came over Marius. He looked around in almost a panic, but relaxed when he spotted SjalBranna. "Any news on how the training is going for the Special Ops team?"

Sjalbranna smiled, and shook his head, "They are trying to keep communications and distractions to a minimum. I don't doubt they are doing well, however. I believe Mr Quist has something he'd like to talk to you about."

Marius smiled, "If it's about the damned LRMs again, I'm gonna go crazy."

Sjalbranna sighed, "I think it has to do with your Rescue command idea. Anyway, i'll take my leave." He, for once, actually left using the front office door.

Kapten Bjornsen chuckled a bit to himself. After calming down, he called to his aide, "Get me Quartermaster Quist."

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #179 on: 15 August 2021, 23:53:06 »
“Sir I have passed on your plans for the SAR vehicle and the local manufactures are interested.” Quist starts out with before he is fully in his commander’s office. He just notices that someone just walked by him. He hands a data pad to Bjomsen.
“Slow down. You are going to pop a seal.” He looks over the information on the pad.
“Yes sir.” He tries to slow down his mind. “They like the idea and are even thinking of making them on all the different motive frames.” He grabs a chair and brings it around the desk to sit next to his commander and point out parts of the working ideas that have been talked over. “They feel that different clients will want different motive systems due to location and cost.” He points out other parts of the talks they had. “They would be happy to have us work with them and show what these vehicles can do.”
“I will need to go over what you have here, I am happy that they think this vehicle is useful.” Bjomsen looks at his QM. “I think you should get some chow and some rest. I will let you know what I think of what they are offering.”
“Yes Sir.” Quist looks like someone just took his best toy.
“Mr. Quist, nice work on this.” Looking at his QM and watching him pick up. “Now chow and rest.”