Author Topic: Black Hawk-KU For Mechwarrior Online coming!  (Read 241 times)

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
Black Hawk-KU For Mechwarrior Online coming!
« on: 13 April 2024, 13:35:49 »
https://mwomercs.com/news/2024/04/2853-mwo-legends-q2-update
Quote from: MWO news
Greetings Mercenaries

It's a hectic and exciting time here at Piranha Games, MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - Solaris Showdown released March 15th, MechWarrior Online Legends March Patch Released March 19th, and the MechWarrior 5: Clans GDC Demo Intel and Trailers dropped April 2nd. It's nice to pause for a moment to soak that all in, but just like Chevy Chase enjoying the Grand Canyon, we've got places to be.  With that in mind let's take a peek at some of the items coming up for MechWarrior Online Legend in Q2.

The MechWarrior Online Team

April Patch - The Black Hawk-KU
The first IS Omnimech coming to MWO, the Black Hawk-KU will be a trailblazer of new things to come.

You will get more details about this Pack next week in the patch notes but here are the basics

Tonnage 

60 Tons

Mechs

BHKU-O(S) - Special Version
    BHKU-O - Standard Version
    BHKU-OX(S) - Special Version
    BHKU-OX - Standard Version
    3 extra omnipods from other variants (1 for the right arm, 2 for the left arm)
    4 Mech Bays

Additional New Content

Badge
    Title
    Badge Decal
    1 New Warhorn, Hanging Item (5% Booster), and Standing Cockpit items (x4)

Additional Currencies

200 GSP

Hold on to your Standard Variants for the Black Hawk-KU Mech Challenge Events Launching shortly after release.
There will be no Mini BattlePass as these are not Legends.

May Patch - New Chassis
A Completely New Chassis is coming to MechWarrior Online. 
We are not going to reveal it yet.
The Pack will be structured similarly to the Stone Rhino and Longbow Packs with 1 Collector Pack with 2 Add-ons.

This New Chassis will also get Mech Challenge Events launching shortly after release.

June Patch - 2 New Legends
 2 New Legends will be released In MechWarrior Online.
Stay tuned for more info on these exciting variants.

It's an exciting time to be a MechWarrior Fan
See you on the Battlefield.

The MechWarrior Online Team
Stay Legendary.
Other IS Omnis when?

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
Re: Black Hawk-KU For Mechwarrior Online coming!
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2024, 21:33:02 »
According to someone I know on the Cauldron, they're being very selective about incoming ’Mech releases, but what gets approved should be cool. If the Black Hawk-KU succeeds, we can expect more IS Omnis in the future!
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2024, 22:53:53 »
Its interesting their going with IS Omni. I guess about time for that, I wish they did more original design, like Sunder.  At least its stands out, I think one my issues with (side from them having big design issues on purpose) 1st generation ones were mostly just clones of existing mechs.   

I guess they'd need be careful, since these things need to sell.  The Raptor was prototype, but it was too thin armored to be usable or staying power.  While the Strider is very flawed thin armor and really not great of choices of configurations.  Owens had single heat sinks only, with limited pod space.

If they go with 1st gen OmniMechs, aside maybe the Sunder, I could see them doing the Blackjack or even the Firestarter since they turned out to be more servicable machines.  Unless they plan skip the 1st generation OmniMechs IS made except for Black Hawk KU
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2024, 23:57:40 »
According to someone I know on the Cauldron, they're being very selective about incoming ’Mech releases, but what gets approved should be cool. If the Black Hawk-KU succeeds, we can expect more IS Omnis in the future!

Also the way they are treating IS Omni-pods is interesting, moving away from "variants" and just selling pods. Admittedly because limited variation between many of them but really that's the way it should have been all along.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2024, 08:51:58 »
Also the way they are treating IS Omni-pods is interesting, moving away from "variants" and just selling pods. Admittedly because limited variation between many of them but really that's the way it should have been all along.
I just hope they just do that with pods, not all the mechs. That would suck if you got buy everything.

Side note.   Completely new chassis?  Their not talking about Black Hawk KU are they? Sounds like something else.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2024, 15:07:50 »

Agreed.  Unfortunately the omnis were introduced at the time the skill tree needed three unique variant CTs to master.
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2024, 20:08:03 »
Side note.   Completely new chassis?  Their not talking about Black Hawk KU are they? Sounds like something else.

Yep, they won't reveal what but as the last few entirely new chassis were MW5Merc backports and Stone Rhino was added to MWO because it was modelled for MW5Clans, seems likely if its an entirely new 'Mech it will be something Clan related rather than bolt-on IS Omni lash-ups.

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #7 on: 23 April 2024, 15:06:34 »
The Black Hawk-KU released today. Anyone have it yet? Any thoughts?

I don't have one myself yet, but I do want one regardless of how it performs. lol
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

Register