Author Topic: Large Scale Models  (Read 32172 times)

kuttsinister7

• Master Sergeant
  • I send recon, then artillery, then main forces...
Re: Large Scale Models
« Reply #30 on: 18 September 2017, 11:26:47 »
Sorry to rezoning the thread, but what about the old kits from Revell? What scale are they?
If you can't reach for the stars, then call the Doom Stars. We will fix that for you...

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #31 on: 18 September 2017, 11:51:12 »
Sorry to rezoning the thread, but what about the old kits from Revell? What scale are they?
There were a couple of different scales, but the Thoren, Zoltek, and Talos (Griffin, Shadowhawk, and Wolverine) are 1/48, meaning the Talos is significantly larger than the others.  Zoltek says 1/72, but it isn't. It's a rebox of the 1/48 Dougram Combat Armor. The Ziyon (BattleMaster) is 1/72 scale.

Kovax

• Captain
  • Taking over the Universe one mapsheet at a time
« Reply #32 on: 22 September 2017, 09:53:19 »
Ah, the joys of standardization: we've got 1/100th scale, 15mm, 1:72, 20mm, 25/28mm, 1:60, 1:48, and so on....all of them "standards".  The nice thing about standards is that there are SO MANY to choose from.....

I've got a couple of the old Revell kits myself.  Judging by the sizes of the pilot figures, they're in the 1/72nd scale realm or a shade smaller.  Judging by height alone, they would be somewhere between that and the somewhat larger 1/60th scale, and roughly compatible with the 25mm Steiner and Kurita infantry boxed sets (the individual soldiers are still available).

Sadly, two of the three kits were partially assembled, most likely be someone too young for the difficulty of the kits, and several parts are very obviously miss-assembled.  Those will need to be carefully cut apart and reassembled properly at some point, which I am not looking forward to doing.  Eventually, I'm hoping to set them up in some kind of "service bay" for an infantry scenario, with stealing a 'Mechs being the objective of the infantry raid (one MechWarrior being included in the attacking force, and another arriving with reinforcements for the defenders, so either side, or both sides, could potentially activate one of them).