Author Topic: Looking for old fanfic story: Smoke Jaguar Trial of Position  (Read 1260 times)

Railan Sradac

• Master Sergeant
Hey all,

I recall reading on the old boards a story based on an event that happened on the tabletop; a Trial of Position in which the trialler killed seven, or maybe eight mechs. The story featured a female Smoke Jaguar trueborn and described the whole mech battle, including the moment where she killed her sibkin for the last point. I remember there being some continuation but nothing specific about it.

Do any of you remember this story? Has it survived the change of boards? Thanks for your help.

Valles

• Master Sergeant
Re: Looking for old fanfic story: Smoke Jaguar Trial of Position
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2018, 08:41:10 »
You're looking for Seven, I think, which extends to cover most of the Clan invasion then stalls during the final assault on Terra.

Damned writer's blocks and flighty muses.

Railan Sradac

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2018, 17:36:29 »
You're looking for Seven, I think, which extends to cover most of the Clan invasion then stalls during the final assault on Terra.

Damned writer's blocks and flighty muses.

No, that's not it. It's a similar premise, but the battle in the one I was thinking of was a lot longer and included a cat-and-mouse section against her sib-sister's mech (a Stormcrow, I think?). It was also almost definitely a Smoke Jaguar story.

Valles

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2018, 19:46:37 »
Huh. Then I dunno, I don't think I've seen what you're describing. Sorry about the confusion.

Register