Author Topic: Alternate Ammunition  (Read 2022 times)

GBscientist

• Warrant Officer
  • It could always be worse.
Alternate Ammunition
« on: 07 April 2011, 09:36:49 »
I just got my copy of AToW on Tuesday and I've been reading through the gear section (because I'm a technophile).  I'm impressed with all the types of alternate slug-thrower ammo that were included, but I'm wondering why hollow-point bullets were omitted.  Does anyone else have a type of ammo they would have liked to see included?
"Peace through superior firepower."- Arsenal of Freedom, ST:TNG

Lissette Woo

• Private
Re: Alternate Ammunition
« Reply #1 on: 07 April 2011, 12:00:03 »
Asked for HP, Match and Solid Slugs weeks ago in the rules section, but it seems that devs not answering that soon to females as to males.  :(
Kommandant Lissette "Warhammer" Woo - 180th Attack Wing "Blue Dragons" - LAAF
Captain Vanessa "Ratatöskr" Berg - Creedy Squirrel Salvage Company - Mercenary Command
Star Captain Scarlette - Vehicular Binary Alpha - 13th Wolf Regulars
Sergeant Major Jaqueline "Jacky" Novakowski - Callisto Squad - Blizzard One - Mercenary Command
Sergeant Kelly Bekker - Blackdale Lancers - Mercenary Command
Staff Sergeant Sandrine Harkon - 92nd Arcturan Force Recon Regiment - LAAF

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2011, 12:46:33 »
Hello,

The BattleTech Line Developer regrets that any inactivity on his part is interpreted as gender bias, as that is not an intent. However, the BattleTech Line Developer cannot presently recall any questions regarding alternative ammunition of the hollow-point and match grade ammunition.

However, a cursory bit of research on the matter suggests that these munitions would perform no differently (on the AToW scale, anyway) from existing specialty and standard munitions, making their appearance on tables redundant. Another possibility is that these munitions simply do not exist in the BattleTech universe, or that their existence has simply not been detailed.

Hopefully, this helps.

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas
  BattleTech
  Catalyst Game Labs

GBscientist

• Warrant Officer
  • It could always be worse.
« Reply #3 on: 07 April 2011, 15:37:54 »
That's about what I was expecting would be the official answer, Herb.  I hope that in future we will get additional AToW supplements to fill out the weapon variety for roleplaying.
"Peace through superior firepower."- Arsenal of Freedom, ST:TNG