Author Topic: Looking for an online rpg game  (Read 5473 times)

anastrace

• Corporal
Looking for an online rpg game
« on: 18 December 2017, 18:25:14 »
Hiya all! I am finding my way back into battletech, and was hoping to find an atow campaign to join. I am still  familiarizing myself with the newest rules. I am in the eastern time zone, but don't have a Mic if that matters. In the meantime, I will keep reading up (the inner sphere changed ALOT) and goofing around on megamek.
Missiles, how do they work? (Seriously, guided bottle rockets?)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Looking for an online rpg game
« Reply #1 on: 22 December 2017, 18:10:51 »
If I ever get my play by post game back off the ground, I'll certainly keep you in mind!  Sadly, that's not very likely any time soon...

anastrace

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 22 December 2017, 22:59:49 »
If there is something I have in spades, it is time. ^.^ I appreciate the good thoughts, and I'll be around.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #3 on: 22 December 2017, 23:11:09 »
Excellent... if you're interested in reading up on the campaign, a good place to start is the TO&E.  If that looks interesting to you, PM me your e-mail address, and I'll shoot you the rough (VERY rough) draft of everything that's gone before.  The game itself disappeared in the last board crash, but I was able to save most of the posts, and have been slowly smoothing them since.

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 27 December 2017, 13:37:15 »
I think I might be interested too.

I Will read up. Please contact me or post up on how I can join up.

-Mc
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 27 December 2017, 16:07:35 »
The game's not actually running at the moment, but I'm more than willing to share the story so far via e-mail (it's pretty big, and still too rough to post publicly, I think).  I just remembered that I posted an excerpt in fan fiction (by accident... someone asked a question in General Discussion about "smoking hot dust offs", and the mods moved it to fan fiction).  Here's the link.

anastrace

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: 27 December 2017, 21:46:38 »
I'd love a link to read more!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #7 on: 27 December 2017, 23:59:32 »
The only link I haven't provided above is for my spreadsheet, which is here.  I sent you a PM asking for your e-mail, and also forwarded a bunch of files to McSlayer...

blackpanzer

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 28 December 2017, 06:18:53 »
Would you consider RPing in an AU set in the 3096 era?

Battletech Mercenaries is a forum based RPG that sees mercenary units picking up contracts that range from those that impact major inter-realm wars to as simple as pirate hunting and training cadre.

While it used to be where members have to sign up, or create Merc Units (MU) with a minimal of 4 active members, we now allow for Single Member Units. MUs basically earn cash and salvage through picking up and writing contracts on offer. If you're a fan of the Clans, there are also Clan units to join as well, though they obviously are not mercenaries.

Check out the above links to the website and forums, and do not hesitate to drop me a PM if you wish to find out more.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #9 on: 30 December 2017, 20:16:05 »
Good news!  I've heard from one of my old players, so things are looking more likely to get back off the ground... :)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #10 on: 31 December 2017, 02:09:22 »
Found an old thread with a few posts (literally a few): http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=426.msg213059#msg213059

There are a couple of name mix ups, but the story largely tracks the outline I've provided.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #11 on: 07 January 2018, 20:26:14 »
More good news... I've heard from three of my old players now, and am working on getting their characters up to speed.  McSlayer's character is done, and I think I'll be ready for a re-launch in the next week or two...

anastrace

• Corporal
« Reply #12 on: 07 January 2018, 22:30:55 »
And I'm rocking and rolling through the history! 100+ is a lot, but I'm determined to get this done. :)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #13 on: 08 January 2018, 19:23:02 »
Woo!  I just heard from Failure16 (who contributed at least as much writing as I did as the GM), and he's in!  That makes six!  O0

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #14 on: 14 February 2018, 19:11:19 »
I'd play if you'd let me... [blank]

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #15 on: 14 February 2018, 20:38:22 »
Well, head on over to the other thread and let me know what you'd be interested in playing...

Thelosttexan

• Recruit
« Reply #16 on: 03 April 2018, 16:03:36 »
Well if ya got this off ground I wouldn't mind joining and learning. I'm new to the battletech franchise but have quickly fallen in love with it.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #17 on: 03 April 2018, 17:01:15 »
It is indeed off the ground... PM me your e-mail address, and I can send you some of the background.  The rest is linked on the forum at the top of that discussion thread...

Register