Author Topic: Clan Forces and Battleforce  (Read 2494 times)

Baradiel

• Recruit
Clan Forces and Battleforce
« on: 30 June 2011, 15:00:18 »
Hey one and all.  I am getting reaquainted with BattleTech after many years (I am a Goliath Scorpion player, so I blame the Necrosia), and I am really intersted in Battleforce.  That being said, what is the average size game of Battleforce for Clan forces, Cluster or Galaxy?  Thanks one and all!

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Clan Forces and Battleforce
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2011, 15:33:42 »
Hey one and all.  I am getting reaquainted with BattleTech after many years (I am a Goliath Scorpion player, so I blame the Necrosia), and I am really intersted in Battleforce.  That being said, what is the average size game of Battleforce for Clan forces, Cluster or Galaxy?  Thanks one and all!

For BattleForce, generally take what force you were playing with in normal Battletech, and move it up a notch (and perhaps double it).  As with standard Battletech, your own experience will vary. 
For example, I play lance v lance 99% of the time.  In Battleforce, we do at least 4 lance v 4 lance.  Maybe do up to 8 lance v 8 lance if the objectives are such that we're not going for all out destruction.  But we're 1) slow playing both versions and 2) on a 4 hour time limit for games.

Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Baradiel

• Recruit
Re: Clan Forces and Battleforce
« Reply #2 on: 01 July 2011, 08:54:46 »
Ok, thanks for the info.

Register