Author Topic: Alpah Strike in San Diego, again!  (Read 2579 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Alpah Strike in San Diego, again!
« on: 26 August 2018, 21:56:18 »
Little over a month later, and we were back at it again today.  This time around was a 650 PV game of "King of the Hill".  Our fourth player didn't make it, so we went with a three way free for all.  Was myself, my stepson, and fellow forum member koalabirb.  We got about three and half hours of game time in before we had to call it quits, but the game probably wouldn't have gone much more by that point (at least not for me anyway  :-\ ).  A good time was had by all, and that is the important part.  I look forward to another round next month!

Quick game recap (photos attached):

We deploy onto the field with no combat to start.  Turn 1 hits, and the fun begins.  koalabirb drops one of his two VTOLs on to the hill (the crater in the photos) with battle armor in tow.  He scores first points for controlling the hill at the end of the turn.  Turn 2, I move my Wraith into the crater, and with a little fire support, clear the area and score some points at the end of the turn.  It got messy after that.  Turn 3 my stepson moves his Nightsky into the crater, and the hill is contested from there until the very end.  It's also here that koalabirb and I have some of our units get distracted in a battle near the river.  That comes backs and bites us later.

Second post to follow with remainder of the report and photos.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: Alpah Strike in San Diego, again!
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2018, 22:05:48 »
So Turn 4 rolls around, and while koalabirb and I are still wrangling around over by the river, my stepson (smartly), pretty much sends everything he had running for the hill.  So much so it got a little crowded.  First time I've ever seen a BattleMech mosh pit. :P   By the end of Turn 4, most of my force is destroyed.  Turn 5 sees my stepson clear the hill, and koalabirb and I couldn't finish off all his units on the hill.  With time called, he was the big winner.  If we didn't have to leave, koalabirb had a chance to still come out on top.  My team was pretty much toast.  All mechs were gone and I only had four tanks left.  Was not a good day for the Marik Militia. :P ;)  But it was a good game, so it was all worth it. :thumbsup:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2018, 22:14:54 »
Dag nabbit. That would have been fun to go to...if I hadn't fell asleep on the couch and slept through the game today.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2018, 22:28:09 »
Ahh, we wondered what happened.  There will be more... ^-^

Register