Author Topic: Kurita Line  (Read 1720 times)

pserrat

• Sergeant
Kurita Line
« on: 09 June 2019, 09:56:45 »
In the original House Kurita sourcebook, Daniel Sorenson is the son of Richard Sorenson. Then, in "Starterbook: Sword and Dragon" we are told his uncle is Ivan Sorenson, hence a brother to Richard... but in that book there is nobody called Ivan Sorenson in that level. What is correct?

Also, Mies Kurita... from which of the Kurita line comes? It is not depicted in House Kurita sourcebook

Chinless

• Modicis Amice
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
Re: Kurita Line
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2019, 08:04:11 »
In the original House Kurita sourcebook, Daniel Sorenson is the son of Richard Sorenson. Then, in "Starterbook: Sword and Dragon" we are told his uncle is Ivan Sorenson, hence a brother to Richard... but in that book there is nobody called Ivan Sorenson in that level. What is correct?

I'm not seeing an issue here. Sorenson's Sabres p16 states Daniel was the son of Richard, who was Warlord of Rasalhague but died in 3007. House Kurita p172 states that Ivan Sorenson is Warlord in 3025. Starter Book Sword and Dragon p35 states Daniel's uncle is Ivan.

Also, Mies Kurita... from which of the Kurita line comes? It is not depicted in House Kurita sourcebook

From House Kurita p175 - "A distant branch of the Kurita family has been in charge of the Rasalhague District for a century in order to maintain a close tie between the Coordinator and this troublesome area". In other words, its not known.

Hope that helps,

Chris

pserrat

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2019, 06:06:15 »
Hi,

Thanks for Mies one. As for the Daniel Sorenson one I made myself not very clear.

Starter Book Sword and Dragon p35 states Daniel's uncle is Ivan. But in original House Marik house tree Ivan Sorenson is not there (he is not one of the brothers of Richard).

Is this a redcon or a mistake?

Chinless

• Modicis Amice
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2019, 11:48:34 »
Starter Book Sword and Dragon p35 states Daniel's uncle is Ivan. But in original House Marik house tree Ivan Sorenson is not there (he is not one of the brothers of Richard).

Is this a redcon or a mistake?

Ah, I see now. Had to get House Kurita out and check the full family tree. It would appear to be an error, but one dating from House Kurita itself - the family trees did have numerous inconsistencies. As you say, Ivan is not mentioned as being a brother of Richard. But the same family tree states that Vladimir Sorenson - Ivan and Richard's father - is Warlord of Rasalhague in 3025, while p172 states Ivan is Warlord.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Register