Author Topic: Favorite hauler for assault BA (Inner Sphere, Clan, and Comstar/WoB)?  (Read 1188 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
That sums up WoB equipment.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

OatsAndHall

• Warrant Officer
Personally I like vtols for BA deployment, so I tend to use a Shun or a Cardinal. The Shun has 12 tons of infantry space, stealth armour, tag, and a pair of mag shots linked to a targeting computer. The Cardinal has 10 tons of infantry space, a lrm 5, an lbx 2 and a pair of ap gauss rifles.

I second this. I love VTOLs for deploying BA. They're insanely mobile and can generally have the BA in the mix within two-three turns. Hovercraft work well but I don't like navigating them at flanking speed: too many PSRs for my liking. I can get VTOLs up above the terrain and minimize the amounting of turning I have to do.

Col Toda

• Captain
Cannon : Hyro or Gibbons . MAXUM

Custom varient of Karnov .

They really didn't publish most cannon ones until the 3085 TRO so 3058-3084 you were kinda forced to design your own on whatever chassis that presented itself

Was a Thread in Fan Designs of a single suit support Ultra Light  VTOL or hover platforms that moved at I think 28/32;was the fastest.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2024, 08:49:14 by Col Toda »

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
I like the Vargr (LRM) for Alpha Strike . IT 7, great armor, and IF1. A tad slow but tougher than most APCs.
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Starfury

• Lieutenant
I like the Svantovit, the Bolla, the Badger, the Karnov, the Kirghiz, the Capellan Omnigfighter who has a similar configuration to the Kirghiz, the battle armor variant of the Maxim, and Mechs/Omnimechs to carry assault BAs. The Fronc Reaches variant of the Marshal is a great carrier for assault and heavy BAs with magclamps, as is the Black Hawk KU or the Men Shen. On the Clan side, just about any Omni will do, but if you slap a Ryoken or a Hellion with Corona suits are nasty.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
and Mechs/Omnimechs to carry assault BAs.
The Fronc Reaches variant of the Marshal is a great carrier for assault and heavy BAs with magclamps, as is the Black Hawk KU or the Men Shen.
On the Clan side, just about any Omni will do, but if you slap a Ryoken or a Hellion with Corona suits are nasty.
FYI, You can't carry Assault BA on Omni's, hence the topic.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Starfury

• Lieutenant
Ah it's been a while since I read the battle armor rules. My apologies.  The Taurian Maultier wouldn't be bad either, but you would have to break a squad apart since it only has 4 tons for transport. The Blizzard could work though, and it's cheap.

Charistoph

• Major
Ah it's been a while since I read the battle armor rules. My apologies.  The Taurian Maultier wouldn't be bad either, but you would have to break a squad apart since it only has 4 tons for transport. The Blizzard could work though, and it's cheap.

Does Taurian Battle Armor operate in squads larger than 4?
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Checking the MUL, it looks like the Taurians use four-person squads.  But under advanced rules, you need an infantry bay that can carry the full mass of the squad, so a four-trooper squad of assault BA would need 8 tons.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Charistoph

• Major
Checking the MUL, it looks like the Taurians use four-person squads.  But under advanced rules, you need an infantry bay that can carry the full mass of the squad, so a four-trooper squad of assault BA would need 8 tons.

Sounds like a rule to punish people using Heavy and Assault BA.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Luciora

• Major
We need more BA-specific haulers made canon.  Especially for the larger ones.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Sounds like a rule to punish people using Heavy and Assault BA.

Well, it's an optional rule.

Starfury

• Lieutenant
That really isn't an issue for the Taurians, as they only have two assault class suits, the Marauder and bought/salvaged/captured Grenadier 1s.  The Marauders have magnetic clamps, and you'll have to use converted Planetlifters or split your squads up in multiple carriers. The latter would require some give on the rules since you usually take groups of BA, but I'd allow it.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
The Marauder is a heavy suit.  That's how it's able to mount mag clamps.