Author Topic: A Time of War in the Jihad  (Read 2073 times)

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
A Time of War in the Jihad
« on: 03 March 2019, 16:13:55 »
I have the book and have always wanted to get started with a Time of War, unfortunately the amount of reading involved is something I have a hard time finding time for. So to speed up the process, I have a question. Are there scenarios available for the game and do any of them take place during the Jihad?

CoreWatch

• Private
Re: A Time of War in the Jihad
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2019, 00:03:39 »
G'evening Drewbacca,

While I cannot say exactly how much information you are looking for or how much time and reading that you are willing to put into the source material regarding the topic to flush out any particular scenario or campaign that you intend to run. I can say that most if not all of the books / PDFs that are on this Drive Thru RPG link below are fairly spot on with different campaign topics, scenarios, hooks, ideas, characters, and viable stories that are easily adaptable for either tabletop mechs or the Mechwarrior RPG side of the game. I personally have most of them all in paperback and they are filled with decent stuff for starting your own stories within that era, most have references to key moments throughout the jihad, and some even have direct tabletop force -v- force setup scenarios for replaying direct adventures as they happened.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?keywords=battletech+jihad++&x=0&y=0&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto=

Now whether or not you choose to purchase them thru DriveThru RPG as PDF's, or perhaps from the Catalyst Store, Amazon, eBay, or even hunt for them via other means on the internet... well that's your decision and choice. But I can tell you that most of them can be had for pennies on the dollar or for free if you put your mind to searching for them.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!
-CoreWatch
« Last Edit: 04 March 2019, 00:28:54 by CoreWatch »

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2019, 00:37:11 »
Thanks!

BiggRigg42

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2019, 10:31:22 »
This is a book of jihad scenarios. Most of them are for Total Warfare, but there are ways to implement AToW, or tweek them for AToW. 

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/103221/BattleTech-Total-Chaos