Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I'm planning a slightly non-canon - either another cluster, or a "2nd Falcon Sentinels" trinary. Olive green with dark yellow trim, with yellow beak & falcon eyes, and no feathers.
Well, not too long (relatively speaking) after this article came out, the Warg (Reflective) was released.  Anyone have experience with the variant?  Worth it or not?
I'm planning a Cluster that's built entirely out of what's in active production on Sudeten and the most difficult part was trimming it did to "just" a Cluster.

I've been ruminating on this as well:

Looks like there will be no Calisto approach for Juno.  ::Valhalla impact noise intensifies::
RS already happened I think . . .

Only for the Urbanmech lance pack that was released last year, as far as I'm aware.
I can't remember where I read it, but I swear I once saw something saying SLDF mechwarriors put rank insignia on the backs of their machines.

thoughtful of them to let people know who to shoot to turn a retreat into a rout :)

Now as a few have pointed out, the 4th SW was rife with treachery and power grabs. St-Ives, the Tikovox Free Republic...but also the Northwind Highlanders, now that was one huge chunk. The gutting the CC suffered would, it is rather safe to assume, leave all powers save that of dear pugnacious Romano in a state of shock. Hence, after the 4th SW, CC inner politics are rather...tame.

But before Romano's time, things were far more interesting. Maximilian's rise to power of course, around which much "higher up" blood was shed and many of the higher offices changed hands. But in a broader sense, it is quite clear the few main branches of the state (Chancellor, CCAF, Warrior House, Death Commandos, Maskirovka, Prefecture and House of Scions) all had a knife at each others throats. Check and balance the Capellan way, if you will.

Of course, the CCAF stands out with Pavel Ridzik (whom WOULD make a power grab as it turned out), but there must hjave been much friction elsewhere. The maskirovka was lead by an ambitious woman who longed for the bygone days where her family held much sway over the fortunes of the capellan state and she had one of her agents posted as the "closest thing to a friend" to Maximilian.

Said "closest thing to a friend" (also known as Dolman Kavajk) was portrayed as constantly seeking to weaken House Master Karl Yadi, whom obviously believes he should be ready to militarly oppose Maximilian if such an opportunity arises.

Then there is the prefecture. While the chancellor sits at that office, he is more or less openly opposed (if we look at 3025) by at least 2 of the other members of this small body. We know how Candace was at odds with her father, at the very least in the economical sphere, and then there is Lord Hargreaves who even dared to oppose Maximilian taking the chancellorship from his father. Some of those meetings must've been explosive.

And of course the house of scions. While their temopral power is limited, being there (aside for budgetary concerns) mainly to point out things for the prefectorate and the chancellor to take notice, around 3025 there was at least Lord Hargreaves creating some turmoil, and we know that in the past the house of scions has had a lot of weight in policy making...weren't they responsible for the appointment of Kalvin Liao or another of those less palatable chancellor's?

which is intreasting, sadly this has been forgotten as the capcon has been flanderingized into a boring dull "chinese facism" state, with no real internal issues
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by rebs on Today at 00:03:18 »
source
Off Topic / Re: What Are We Listening To: This List Goes Up To Eleven!
« Last post by Akamia on 30 April 2024, 23:58:30 »
The Fall of Malevelon Creek – Johnathan Young and RichaadEB
If the Urbie LAMs ever come out, will there be record sheets for them??
I know there are 2 different models for them so it would be nice to have.

RS already happened I think . . .
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10