Author Topic: MWO - MechCon 'Mech 2017 - PGI Original - Sun Spider - 70 Clan OmniMech  (Read 10422 times)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
PGI have been teasing a new 'Mech to be revealed at MechCon, we've only seen partial images but now we have a vaguely decent shot

PGI original or does it resemble anything else to anybody?

« Last Edit: 09 December 2017, 16:46:10 by Cyc »

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
Re: MWO - MechCon 'Mech 2017 - PGI Original?
« Reply #1 on: 08 December 2017, 21:43:13 »
My first geuss would be a hussar? Due to the location of the cockpit and the structures to the right and left of it? But that would not match the Hussar's stats or weapon locations in the slightest.

Though cockpit size makes it look like a heavy, if that helps.
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: 08 December 2017, 23:04:04 »
It also appears on a t-shirt on sale at MechCon, but they are still obscuring it - does show you the missile pods are symmetrical.

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #3 on: 09 December 2017, 08:53:11 »
I don't recognize it as anything from the current canon.
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #4 on: 09 December 2017, 09:29:13 »

Well that is odd, assuming it is symmetrical:
4x SRM-6
2x Laser
2x Autocannon
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: 09 December 2017, 16:21:47 »
And we have a full image - it has to be a PGI original

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
https://mwomercs.com/sun-spider

Looks like this is the new boi on the block.

Damn, looks like my Nova Cats are going to be ignored even harder once this comes out.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Hmm... Sun Spider - 70ton Clan OmniMech

70 tons with 350 XL engine, Endo Steel, about 11 tons of Ferro Fibrous, 14 Double Heat Sinks

Prime - Left arm = 2x Streak SRM 6. Left Torso = ER Large Laser, one ton Streak ammo. Right Torso = Ultra AC/10, two tons UAC ammo. Right Arm = Streak SRM 6. Left Leg = Streak Ammo. Right Leg = Streak ammo. Hard points are LA 2 missile, LT 1 energy, RT 1 ballistic, RA 2 missile

A - LA = ER Large Laser, LT = Ultra AC/2 x 2, UAC ammo. RT Ultra AC/2, UAC ammo. RA = ER Large Laser, DHS. Hardpoints LA 1 energy, LT 2 ballistic, RT 2 ballistic, RA 1 energy.

B - LA = Streak SRM 6MS, Light Active Probe, DHS. Center Torso = Gauss ammo. RT = Gauss Rifle
RA = Stream SRM 6, ER Medium Laser, Streak ammo. LL - AMS ammo, RL = Gauss ammo. hardpoints LA 1 energy 1 missile. LT 1 energy 1 ams, rt 1 ballistic, RA 1 energy 1 missile.

C - LA LRM 15 x 2, DHS. LT = LRM 20, LRM ammo x 2. RT = LRM 20, LRM ammo x 2. RA = LRM 15 x 2. LL = LRM ammo. RL = LRM ammo. hardpoints LA 2 missile, LT 1 missile, RT 1 missile, RA 2 missile.

D - LA = Ultra AC/20. LT = ECM Suite, Ultra ammo. RT = Heavy Machine Gun x 2, UAC ammo, HMG ammo. RA = Ultra AC/20. LL = UAC ammo. RL = UAC ammo. hardpoints LA 1 ballistic, LT 1 ecm, RT 2 ballistic, RA 1 ballistic.

Hero - Manul - LA = ER PPC, ER Large Laser, DHS x 3. LT = ER Small Laser, DHS x 2. RT = AMS, AMS ammo, DHS x 2. RA = ER PPC, ER Large Laser, DHS x 2. hardpoints LA 2 energy, LT 1 energy, RT 1 ams, RA 2 energy.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt

Sun Spider Lore has dropped - https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/260094-sun-spider-lore/

Clan Goliath Scorpion OmniMech with very interesting backstory. Wonder if canon, cannot see a by Randal end-note...

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist

If made canon, I hope that it becomes the main Heavy Omnimech of the Imperio.
I can see them investing a lot in 'keeping' this design. 
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Caedis Animus

• Captain
This was incredibly painful to read. Good afternoon to everyone, except for the person who complained about the Sun Spider not being related to the IS Spider mech.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Time for me to break out MegaMek Lab and brace for the inevitable request.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Burning Chrome

• Lieutenant
  • One of the Vocal Minority
Y A W N.

Pass.

At least the Roughneck had "personality" IMO.  This is just...well, boring.

Ah well, here's to hoping January gives me reason to part with some cash.

"Matchup of the century: desire to play vs. resentment"

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
It's nice to see Clan Goliath Scorpion get some love on the 'mech design side of things.  I can't think of any omnimech designs through the history of the Clans having an origin with the Scorpions.

Looking at the configurations, it has 31 tons of pod space with 14 fixed DHS.  None of the configurations have jump jets.  I'm also surprised that none of the configurations have a targeting computer, considering how much the Scorpions value accuracy in combat.
BATTLEMASTER

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
This was incredibly painful to read. Good afternoon to everyone, except for the person who complained about the Sun Spider not being related to the IS Spider mech.

He has a point you know. Like the Stalking Spider and Glass Spider are both clearly derived from the original inner sphere Spider. They could be triplets!  :D

Oy.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
Time for me to break out MegaMek Lab and brace for the inevitable request.

Out of curiosity, what's the conversion between MWO armor and tabletop armor?
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

VhenRa

• Captain
Out of curiosity, what's the conversion between MWO armor and tabletop armor?

Halve it for TT. This thing has 9.5 tons of Clan Ferro. 182 points, max of 217.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
Halve it for TT. This thing has 9.5 tons of Clan Ferro. 182 points, max of 217.

Ah, okay. So it's actually kinda thin skinned. Interesting.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
It's nice to see Clan Goliath Scorpion get some love on the 'mech design side of things.  I can't think of any omnimech designs through the history of the Clans having an origin with the Scorpions.

Looking at the configurations, it has 31 tons of pod space with 14 fixed DHS.  None of the configurations have jump jets.  I'm also surprised that none of the configurations have a targeting computer, considering how much the Scorpions value accuracy in combat.

You gotta understnad that the configurations were designed for MWO first around their hardpoint logic and what currently works in the Metagame. Something like this is going to be MWO first and lore-flavoured second.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Sharpnel

• Colonel
The front 'toe' needs to be longer IMO. Aesthetically, those feet just look all wrong
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
Y A W N.

Amen.

Looks like a design from the CAV universe.

So many cool mechs yet to be done, and... this? I... don't get it...  ???

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
I didn't get it when the Roughneck came out either.  I really want the Crusader or Longbow, but I'm thinking they're waiting for the HG case to resolve before doing any more designs with Macross ties. 

I believe Alex Iglesias is responsible for its visual design, but I'm not sure he statted it out.
BATTLEMASTER

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
I like it I don’t play MWO but I like something new and original
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
The front 'toe' needs to be longer IMO. Aesthetically, those feet just look all wrong

Yeah. It looks like a heel. Which makes it just look like the legs are on backwards.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
They look backwards but if they didn’t stretch out the back when it was standing upright it wouldn’t have the support or balance to look up it’d be constantly leant forwards on the larger part of feet
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
The roadmap for March, April and May has some images of the new Sun Spider bonus hero

Caedis Animus

• Captain
How Regal. If only I could put that paint job on the actually good Roughneck.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Ever sooner

Badge day
Standard - The Spider's We

Collectors - The Manul

Caedis Animus

• Captain
Because people don't seem to understand it on the MWO forums - The "Manul" and icon is a reference to a picture where a Pallas Cat (AKA, a Manul, AKA the hero model's name) makes a weird snarling face.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Pretty Pattern Shot time

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Scale Comparison

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Quirks!

and the free bonus one

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
I've been using the Hero variant.  It's ok, but it's not as durable as i'd hope.  However, i've just gotten started with it.  My load out was suggested to me, with couple Ultra 5s with Streaks and 3 Medium Pulse lasers.  She speedy but i can't drive her like assault. 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Caedis Animus

• Captain
You can't even drive the assaults in MWO like assaults, frankly.