Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 310299 times)

Louie N

• Lieutenant
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #60 on: 21 August 2015, 09:58:22 »
the Micro Pulse laser's heat still counts toward medium range calculations.  All weapons count toward short and medium, regardless of their own range limitations.

nckestrel,

I am sorry.  I did not understand your statement earlier.  Now I see what you are saying.  I would just ask that this be clarified, because nothing in the AS companion suggest weapons contribute heat outside their range band.  Or at least I have not found it. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #61 on: 21 August 2015, 10:28:51 »
It's not so much that it specifically states to use all weapons for non-Long-range OV as much as it says only to separate out Long and always refers to "maximum heat output" rather than any sort of segregated heat output.  But yes, it could be clearer.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Louie N

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: 21 August 2015, 13:28:11 »
I agree. It could use more clarity for the crazy number cruchers.

The "Heat-Modified Damage" paragraph talks about developing the modified damage per each range bracket
 With the "calculating Overheat Value" saying you use the medium, if avaliable, to determine the OV.

Also the "Determining Overheat" talks about it it "at a given range bracket"

Thanks

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #63 on: 23 August 2015, 18:55:12 »
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5228/thug-thg-11e-reich

Thug THG-11E (Reich): I believe the listed source TRO, Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, is incorrect as I can find no mention of it on the Thug's entry, p. 216.  Source should be Field Manual: Mercenaries Supplemental 2, p. 64.

-----

http://masterunitlist.info/Source/Details/268

Cover picture for Field Manual: Mercenaries is incorrect.  That is the cover of Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised.

-----

Also, I don't know if it's an error or just a limitation of the system, but searching for "Rubinsky" only brings up the Scorpion SCP-1N (Rubinsky) and Archer ARC-2R (Rubinsky).  To find the Rifleman variants Rubinsky 1 and Rubinsky 2, you have to search for "Rubinsky 1" and "Rubinsky 2" respectively.  Meanwhile, searching for "cat" brings up every unit with the letters c-a-t in the name.  (unchecking the BV box worked.  my bad.)
« Last Edit: 23 August 2015, 19:45:37 by Cache »

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #64 on: 23 August 2015, 19:36:36 »
The Rifleman entries do not have BV. Uncheck the box for only units with BV

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #65 on: 23 August 2015, 19:39:20 »
quo
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5228/thug-thg-11e-reich

Thug THG-11E (Reich): I believe the listed source TRO, Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, is incorrect as I can find no mention of it on the Thug's entry, p. 216.  Source should be Field Manual: Mercenaries Supplemental 2, p. 64.
correct. fixing. thanks.

Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #66 on: 23 August 2015, 20:11:00 »
Getting back to the faction data from GreekFire:

Satyr       Jihad   Snow Ravens (sources: Wars of Reaving Supplemental, FM:3085) - added
Satyr 2     Jihad   Snow Ravens (sources: Wars of Reaving Supplemental) - added
Satyr 4     Jihad   Snow Ravens (sources: Wars of Reaving Supplemental, FM:3085) - added

Centaur     Jihad   Hell's Horses (sources: Wars of Reaving Supplemental, FM:3085, Obj:Clans - mentioned as being in production) - added

Chrysaor 2  Jihad   Nova Cats (source: FM:3085) - added
Chrysaor 2  All     Wolf-in-Exile (source: Combat Equipment) - added Jihad only (give it at least a year before they make it to them)

Roc         Jihad   Hell's Horses (source: Wars of Reaving Supplemental, FM:3085) - added
Roc 2       Jihad   Nova Cats (source: FM:3085) - added
Roc 2       Jihad   Society (source: Wars of Reaving Supplemental) - they do not have the Roc 2. They have the Roc Z

Delphyne    Jihad   Snow Ravens (source: Wars of Reaving Supplemental) - added

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #67 on: 23 August 2015, 20:59:47 »
*snip*

Hey, thanks a lot for the update cavingjan! Greatly appreciated.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #68 on: 24 August 2015, 08:15:36 »
Field Manual Mercs cover image fixed.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #69 on: 01 September 2015, 06:07:02 »
the Picaroon CSR-F100 is missing its image from TRO 3145 FWL

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6517/picaroon-csr-f100

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #70 on: 01 September 2015, 19:48:54 »
Looks like the picture was moved. It's fixed now.

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #71 on: 02 September 2015, 08:13:13 »
Arctic Wolf II

As per this Errata: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/errata/record-sheets-3085-unabridged/30/
And this Errata: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/errata/technical-readout-3085-supplemental/

The Arctic Wolf II Prime should be swapped with the Arctic Wolf II A configuration.  Both the BV and the AS Cards should be swapped.

Thank you!

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #72 on: 02 September 2015, 18:23:38 »
Both the Uziel UZL-3S (Jacob) and the UZL-3S (Jacob II) are missing the Wolf's Dragoons from their faction availability.  Even as a Unique machine, their respective affiliation is pretty concrete.  The Jacob is also listed as "Extinct" in its era, which seems... odd, despite the existence of the Jacob II.  There has to be a better way to indicate that they never existed simultaneously than that.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #73 on: 02 September 2015, 20:21:40 »
Most of the Jihad era Uniques do not have their secondary faction. I'm working on them (unfortunately slowly). I already have the Wolf and Blake mechs tagged.

(I'm also cleaning up and entries that are tagged as Extinct and Unique. They should just be Extinct. Dead is dead even if you were one of a kind.)

Thank you for bringing it up.

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #74 on: 02 September 2015, 20:38:53 »
There's gotta be a better way to mark that.  I hate to suggest adding more work for you guys, but perhaps an "Extinct" date, as well as an introduction date?  The way the MUL reads now, the Jacob never... actually existed.  It just popped as "Extinct" one day.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #75 on: 02 September 2015, 21:22:37 »
In the case of Jacob, it would not kick in until the next era. No worries there. A unit doesn't get extinct in its first era of its existence. (Now that it is written I'm sure we will find some exception out there.)

Using Butterbee as an example,
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/479/catapult-cplt-c1-jenny-butterbee

The Unique tag should be removed for the Jihad and Extinct should be added to all later eras. That is how they will be handled.

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #76 on: 02 September 2015, 21:41:23 »
Yep, that's what I was hoping for.  I just noticed it while writing an article for the Uziel, and had to bring it up.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Wraith

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Catalyst Field Agent #500
« Reply #77 on: 04 September 2015, 09:33:00 »
Hey all, hope this is going in the right place, and not sure if its errata or just something I don't understand yet.  Was in the process of putting together a Call to Arms force, and in picking the Naginata (any of the variants), there is no LRM#/#/# value in the special abilities.  Thanks for the answer when you get a chance, cheers!
Wraith
Catalyst Field Agent #500
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #78 on: 04 September 2015, 09:47:17 »
The Artemis makes it ineligible for LRM (or SRM in the case of Artemis with SRMs)

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #79 on: 05 September 2015, 10:15:19 »
The Lumberjack, specifically the MilitiaMech version has some sort of error with the Alpha Strike card.  It won't display, and the direct link doesn't work.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #80 on: 05 September 2015, 11:42:28 »
Looks like the only stats it has are the size. It shouldn't be trying to display a card.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #81 on: 05 September 2015, 11:44:43 »
The Lumberjack, specifically the MilitiaMech version has some sort of error with the Alpha Strike card.  It won't display, and the direct link doesn't work.
Same here:
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/7175/uni-atae-70t-cargomech
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/7176/jabberwocky-jaw-67-militiamech

Something with those three unit numbers? (7175, 7176, and 7177)

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #82 on: 05 September 2015, 11:47:12 »
I don't think any AS stats were generated for Vehicle Annex except the ones that were found in Operation Klondike. I'll see if we can get some generated and we'll get them posted.

Eugee

• Sergeant
« Reply #83 on: 05 September 2015, 16:36:46 »
So I love the MUL, it's been very handy as a returning Battletech player getting into Alpha Strike!

Would it be possible to tweak/expand the search and results though?  When I'm trying to build a new force right now (I'm really new) the MUL is great for providing unit cards and filtering sources and such, but doesn't really help me narrow down unit choices.

So I wanted to build an Assault Lance, and I need 3 mechs of SZ 3+, all with at least 5 Armor, plus one Juggernaught or 2 Snipers.

All I can narrow down is the SZ (80-100 tons) and the role.  Using the 3050U as the only source, that kicks back 39 Juggernauts from 80-100 tons.  But I have no idea how much armor they have.  I can add each one to a force and then see a list of them that shows [A-S] S/M/L (OV), but that's tedious as heck, plus I still won't know their TMM, MV, or Special Abilities.  I'll have to open each unit individually just to see those stats on their card.

Frankly it makes the idea of building a force very off-putting.

Two changes I'd love to see to the MUL:  First would be to expand what you can filter by with Alpha Strike.  At the very least, TMM would be nice, but the more options the better.  Second, I really wish the results were more useful for picking units--meaning if they showed the stats that are listed when you add them to your force, including TMM/MV and Specials.

Even if we couldn't get the narrower filters, just having results that included those stats would make it a lot less daunting to pick out units for a force.  :)

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #84 on: 05 September 2015, 17:52:17 »
And I just noticed this, the PV numbers are not showing on the faction/era view. The column is there but it is not being populated. Regular search results populate that column properly.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #85 on: 05 September 2015, 21:45:49 »
Quick question about Royals and their kin: would it be possible to give them a "reintroduction" date to go along with the original date they were introduced? It would be pretty handy for fluffy era play.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

ConstableBrew

• Private
« Reply #86 on: 06 September 2015, 03:59:25 »
~~I would LOVE to have the ability to search for special abilities of each mech. I have been trying to build a command lance where each member uses C3I or maybe C3M/C3S. To do this with MUL, I have to filter down to the list of mechs that seem to fit the role I want and then open every single one and check their specials.~~

*EDIT: Thanks Cavingjan and Moonsword.
« Last Edit: 23 October 2015, 16:55:51 by ConstableBrew »

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #87 on: 06 September 2015, 05:57:59 »
Use the Alpha Strike ability to find a lot of stuff. (C3, C3i, ECM, PRB, etc.)

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #88 on: 06 September 2015, 06:03:33 »
Specifically, go to Units from the nav menu, click the Alpha Strike box, and you'll see an AS Abilities text field as in the screenshot below.

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #89 on: 06 September 2015, 07:56:38 »
The STL ability should be added to the assassin ASN-99 Alpha Strike card
The mech uses stealth armor according to RS3050U Inner Sphere.
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/130/assassin-asn-99

Xotl: Corrected, PV increased to 24.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 06 September 2015, 11:52:09 by Xotl »

Register