Author Topic: Urban setting  (Read 3302 times)

darebear

• Private
Urban setting
« on: 15 April 2016, 21:51:04 »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Urban setting
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2016, 07:36:01 »
Very nice!  How long did that take to build?

Baron RedSkull

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm bringin' macho back!
    • Tidewater Battletech Club
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2016, 07:59:18 »
Looks fantastic. Lots of great ideas for my own terrain.
Why not Zoidberg?

(V){;,,,;}(V)

darebear

• Private
« Reply #3 on: 16 April 2016, 08:49:41 »
Not long at all really.  Buildings were painted (airbrushed) in a day.  The tiles in another day.  For the heroscape hills I took my Hozmat to home depot and color matched a small can of paint to the mat color and painted them (another day).  Now, actually getting around to painting all this: months and months. 

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #4 on: 16 April 2016, 08:55:38 »
For the heroscape hills I took my Hozmat to home depot and color matched a small can of paint to the mat color and painted them (another day). 

Wait

What?

How did you paint the tiles? Just a brush? and does it affect how the tiles lock together?
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

darebear

• Private
« Reply #5 on: 16 April 2016, 09:51:57 »
I just used a regular house paint brush.  I had several hundred to do so I was not going to mess around with smaller brushes.  The plastic sucked the paint right in.  No loss of detail at all.  I could dry-brush them or something for added detail, but I am happy with how they look and really have better things to do than fiddle with hundreds of tiles.  Tiles still lock in ok.  It is a bit more difficult sometimes, depending on the tile.  But to be honest I really don't notice a difference. 

I guess I could have airbrushed them, but I wanted the color to match the mat perfectly.  I did airbrush the water tiles.  Used Tamyia Medium blue for Depth 1 and Field Blue for Depth 2.  However I really don't use the water tiles.  I found the MDF hex tiles from Gamecraft Miniatures were a better fit.  I know some people do whole tables with Heroscape tiles.  I neither had the desire or tiles for such a project.  The hex mat works fine and it easier for me to store. 
« Last Edit: 16 April 2016, 09:55:52 by darebear »