Author Topic: What happen to the two Marik Commonwealth units during operation Golden Dawn  (Read 2244 times)

timer81

• Corporal
Hello together,

I'm reading a while ago the Field Manual 3085 and discover that two listed units (Home Guards on Kalidasa + Gryphons on Stewart) were mention as casaulties of the Jihad. After consulting the Field Report and the Objective of the FWL I wonder myself what happen to them. Can someone confirm the destruction/disbanded because of commands as an resukt of the republican Operation Golden Dawn?

with best regards

timer81

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
Yes, they were destroyed by the Republic of the Spheres offensive.

With regards,
Øystein

timer81

• Corporal
tnx for the quick response

timer81

• Corporal
By the way what happen to the Stewart Dragoons Command: The Falcons. I could get only the information that they were losely associated with the Marik Commonwealth (Field Report: FWLM p. 8 ) and found them listed as lost during the Jihad in the Field Manual: 3085 (p. 75). It's something strange to me that a unit with two battalions disapper with out a trace.

with best regards

timer81
« Last Edit: 24 March 2013, 11:37:38 by timer81 »

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
The Falcons and parts of the Gryphons (1 battalion) attacked New Home when the ROTS was declared, and was later destroyed by the Northwind Hussars and MacLeod's Regiment.
The rest of the Gryphons got destroyed on Alkes (by 12th Atrean Dragoons) and Kalidasa (by 2nd Kearny Highlanders).

With regards,
Øystein

timer81

• Corporal
Tnx again for your specific information. Will that topic get more attention at the coming Historical about the Wars during the Dark Age period until 3145?

with  best regards

timer81