Author Topic: Mini Case  (Read 1160 times)

General308

• Captain
Mini Case
« on: 25 January 2020, 17:03:39 »
So I need another mini case.  Recommendations? and why?

Kibutsu

• Master Sergeant
Re: Mini Case
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2020, 02:05:22 »
I use Games Plus cases available from Miniatures Market. Their pull foam trays are quite nice and really inexpensive compared to other similar trays, and their bags are great.

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2020, 19:02:16 »
I have both Feldherr and Battlefoam cases.  I like the Feldherr one better.  Two of my three Battlefoam cases have had seam and zipper failures.

Sellsword

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2020, 19:20:27 »
Find a tackle box or tool box and put the foam in that you like.

I had some left over sabol foam, bought a soft sided tackle box from Wal Mart for $18.00.  Holds as much foam as Sabol's Platoon case which costs $39.99.  Perfect for plastic minis. I suggest Plano tool boxes for metal battletech minis.  In my opinion there is almost no reason to pay "specialty" mini case pricing.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 27 January 2020, 06:40:31 »
One thing I like about my Battlefoam is the BattleTech trays. Two or three different size hex slots depending on the tray.

If you want to see how they look: https://us.battlefoam.com/battletech/

I haven't had any zipper issues yet. Plenty of different vendors to choose from though so find pics and reviews and go from there.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2020, 09:38:17 »
I suggest Plano tool boxes for metal battletech minis.  In my opinion there is almost no reason to pay "specialty" mini case pricing.
B&V Traders used to sell Plano tool boxes with foam trays. I love mine and recommend piecing together your own with available foam trays.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #6 on: 27 January 2020, 09:58:50 »
One thing I like about my Battlefoam is the BattleTech trays. Two or three different size hex slots depending on the tray.

If you want to see how they look: https://us.battlefoam.com/battletech/

I haven't had any zipper issues yet. Plenty of different vendors to choose from though so find pics and reviews and go from there.

am i missing something or do they just not sell the smaller bags the smaller foam is compatible with?

they just changed the names...
« Last Edit: 27 January 2020, 10:05:36 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 27 January 2020, 22:02:22 »
Looking around more they have the ECO box (olive/white) on clearance for about $8 which holds the larger BT foam trays. Would hold 3 or 4 of the large trays. Probably about a regiments worth of minis depending on which trays you get.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #8 on: 28 January 2020, 00:25:47 »
yeah, that's certainly the most economical option. the one that caught my eye was the ammo box bag. 11.5" of even the medium trays would be a gigantic force

you could do something like

x2 2" small model trays (2 mech battalions)
x1 1.5" small model tray (1 vehicle battalion or BA)
x2 2.5" large model trays (1 battalion)

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Register